PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on this Jorge Posada bat....

Vintagedeputy
10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JORGE-POSADA-2002-GAME-USED-UNCRACKED-LVS-RARE-M356-BAT_W0QQitemZ110182535310QQihZ001QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Doesnt look legit to me.....

A) Tape is way too wide, Posada uses a thinner tape.

B) Tape is way too white. Posada uses a ton of pine tar and no gloves so the tape should be filthy. I dont see any pine tar that the seller claims is there. Posada uses tar like he has stock in the company.

C) Bat has number 20 on the knob - Posada doesnt number his bat knobs, they are left blank.

I welcome anyone's thoughts.......

Jim

bigjimsguitars
10-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I'm sure that Chris who is a member here will chime in on it as it bears his LOA.

Vintagedeputy
10-19-2007, 06:10 AM
I would welcome a reply. It may just be that the bat is legit, it just doesn't seem to match any of Posada's use characteristics that I have seen.

bigjimsguitars
10-19-2007, 09:19 AM
eGameUsed is Chris Boyd and since he posts his name and telephone number to his posts I don't think it would be inappropriate to list it here, 713-385-1155. Better yet, his email is eGameUsed@comcast.net

I have never dealt directly with Mr. Boyd, but I do have a Jersey that I recently acquired from another forum member that came from him that was completely as stated.

Let us all know what you find out or learn about it.

Jim

Vintagedeputy
10-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Chris,

If you read this, I'd love to hear your thoughts. If you have a photo match, I'd be interested in seeing it.

My problem comes from the fact that I have been seeing many Posada bats on ebay here lately and quite a few of those are shaky, at best. Legitimate gamers seem to be rare. If there is something about this bat that I'm missing, please tell me as I'd like to update my database.

Regards,

Jim

ducksdukes
10-23-2007, 02:02 AM
Jim;

What do you think. Posada bat has Steiner hologram. It was purchased from ASI.

ducksdukes
10-23-2007, 02:07 AM
Thoughts on this Cano bat...purchased as a gamer from ESM.

ducksdukes
10-23-2007, 02:13 AM
Finally a Sheffield bat purchased from ESM

ducksdukes
10-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Regarding the Posada bat I posted, has Steiner hologram and matching Steiner letter....not sure if that means anything.

Vintagedeputy
10-23-2007, 05:59 AM
Ducks - any pine tar on the Posada bat?

It looks "game ready". Is that glare from the light or does it have ball marks? Its odd that although the tape looks correct, its clean and white. If the bat has ballmarks and is reported to be game used, the tape should show signs of pine tar. Perhaps a BP bat?

As for Cano and Sheffield, I'm not as familar with their habits, although the tape wrap looks good on the Sheffield.

Jim

BULBUS
10-23-2007, 06:52 AM
First, I wouldnt touch the Posada bat that started this post. There are NO Posada use characteristics. The tape job is way off.

Second, the Cano bat is nice, but I hope the Posada and the Sheff bats werent purchased as game used. They are game issued or game ready as Jim said.

Yankwood
10-23-2007, 07:27 AM
First, I wouldnt touch the Posada bat that started this post. There are NO Posada use characteristics. The tape job is way off.

Second, the Cano bat is nice, but I hope the Posada and the Sheff bats werent purchased as game used. They are game issued or game ready as Jim said.I echo all the sentiments offered by BULBUS.

ducksdukes
10-23-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the input, always appreciated.

eGameUsed
10-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Sorry for the delay! No one e-mailed or called about this, but I happen to stumble across the thread. I purchased the bat on eBay in 2006, Item number 290001997770, from seller ID rpvrpv. I later sold the bat to a customer on 9/24/2006. I am not an expert on Yankees bat, but I had no issues at the time.

Thanks,

Vintagedeputy
10-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Chris - thank you for the reply. I should have tried a more direct route to contact you with my question.

I have to be honest, I dont like it one bit. I think that a few others may feel the same. Just doesnt look good to me, although I'm hardly the expert.

Jim