PDA

View Full Version : Scoreboard

intheminors
10-19-2007, 11:44 AM
I looked up some old posts about The Score Board, Inc. (Scoreboard) and did some of the homework.

From what I gathered, some people were selling Scoreboard jerseys as gamers when they actually weren't. However, are there any authenticity problems with the non-game used items that were signed?

I'm just curious because I bought a non-game used bat that was autographed and it even came with the COA from Ken Goldin.

Does any have any thoughts?

Thanks.

Kyle

bigtruck260
10-19-2007, 12:13 PM
I have seen copies of copies of Scoreboard Coa's and I stay away unless I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it's genuine. I think they were selling these items on Home Shopping Club at one point.

David
10-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Scoreboard/Goldin generally sold legitimately autographed items, but I have heard that some COAs were copied. If the jersey and COA are genuinely from Scoreboard, you should be fine. Scoreboard had signing contracts with many players, including DiMaggio. I've had Goldin COA items independantly authenticated by PSA/DNA, including Ripken baseballs

David
10-19-2007, 01:08 PM
Forgot to add that if if the bat has a hologram from Goldin or the player, you don't have to worry. A lot of his earlier stuff had no holograms, but his modern stuff does.

You can also try the eBay PSA/DNA Quick Opinion to check the signature.

intheminors
10-19-2007, 01:45 PM
Never used ebay before for that. How does it work?

David
10-19-2007, 02:18 PM
I've never done it before myself. The PSA/DNA Quick opinion is for current eBay auctions/sales only. You would have to list it with good pictures, even if just for a day to get their opinion. You get a Yae or Nae opinion via PSA/DNA, and keep the email for your records.

The price is cheap, but it's only a quick and dirty opinion for your listing and not a formal LOA. In your case, you have a Goldin COA and are using the Quick Opinion to quickly double check the sig-- so it's a good deal for someone in your situation.

David
10-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Forgot to add that if you just bought the bat from eBay, and the pictures are still up and good, you probably can get the Quick Opinion for that listing. Your PSA/DNA response would be via email. If PSA says Likely Genuine and you save/print out copies of the email and the corresponding eBay listing, you'd have good records to go along with your current COA.