who is your favorite player? how many game used items?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jonincleve
    • Apr 2006

who is your favorite player? how many game used items?

just wanted to start a thread of your favorite player and what you have as far as game used items of that player. mine is buddy bell, which moved into gus bell, buddy bell, david bell, mike bell and rick bell. my dad pulled me out of 1st/2nd grade to go to meet the cleveland indians at general electric day back in 1977/1978. i met buddy and he talked to me for about five minutes about fielding ground balls etc... for a 8-9 year old hearing a player tell you what to do was gospel. keep your butt and glove down, set, make a strong throw so here i am nearing 40 with a bunch of game used stuff, still keeping my butt and glove down. (though my back hurts more and my arm is as strong as a twig).

i still need to add a detroit tigers jersey and a kansas city royals jersey to the collection. some of the highlights are a 1963 milwaukee braves gus bell jersey needing to be restored. a 77 and 78 cleveland indians jersey, 82 84 rangers jersey, 86 reds jersey, 89 astros jersey, david bell indians and phillies jersey. a bat signed by the bell family gus,buddy, david and mike. two 1982 all star bats one from rawlings? and one louisville slugger, a 1976 bat plus various others.

so who do you collect and why?

take care
    john
    Attached Files
  • jon_8_us
    • May 2006

Re: who is your favorite player? how many game used items?

I have always been a huge fan of great right handed hitters.I have also been a lifelong die hard Red Sox fan.Since 2001 Manny Ramirez has been my favorite all time baseball player.He may be wacky and at sometimes downright strange but there is no denying that Manny is one of the all time best right handed hitters the game has ever seen and a first ballot hall of famer.My collection of Manny stuff has shrunk by a bit this last month but i'm now back to buying Manny stuff so if you have any shoot me an email.
    Jon
    Attached Files
    Always looking for Manny Ramirez game used items

Comment

• skyking26
      • Dec 2005

I have been a fan of Dave Kingman since I was in high school (I am 44 now and still collect his stuff). I have 7 GU jerseys, about 2 dozen game bats from pre-rookie to end of career, and also have millions of photos and oddball.

Mark McGwire: GU home Huntsville Stars double signed heavily used jersey, Nike cleats signed, 88 and 89 WS bats one is signed, one Oakland signed GU bat. Also did a display of signed stuff as well as HR tickets from 98...

Jim Thome: Have GU bats from the Indians and Sox, and a GU Phillies 2004 home jersey.

Adam Dunn GU bat, seeking jersey, etc.

Collect the bats of members of the 68 and 84 Tigers. Too many to mention, but always looking for these guys. Advise... RK
      ROBERT KOPPEL
      Skyking26 - 35 year collector of Dave Kingman memorabilia. Also seek 500 HR and 3000 Hit GU Bats,
      and 1968, 1984, HOF Tigers GU Bats...Skyking442@hotmail.com

Comment

• 33bird
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Larry Legend. I have his 86-87 home jersey. 1987-88 home warmup jacket. His rookie era game used converse green shoes with Celtics coa. And, I'm working on a 90-91 home jersey deal as we speak. His stuff his hard to find. LEGIT stuff is even harder to find. Would like to find matching shorts for the the jersey and matching pants for the warmup jacket.
        Greg
        biggamebird@yahoo.com

Comment

• 33bird
          Banned
          • Nov 2005

Jeff Kent for baseball. Got his 2005 home Dodgers jersey. Game used bats from Dodgers, Astros, and Giants. Want a game used bat from every team he played on.
          Greg
          biggamebird@yahoo.com
          Attached Files

Comment

• Birdbats
            • Nov 2005

My favorite player was Tony Gwynn. I have a GU jersey, bat and cap.

My favorite Cardinals player growing up was Ted Simmons. I have nine of his GU bats and a GU cap from the early '70s.

I also collect Gary Gaetti items because we grew up in the same town. I have GU bats of his from all six teams he played on; jerseys from Minnesota, KC and St. Louis (TBTC); and a Twins batting helmet.
            Jeff Scott
            birdbats@charter.net
            http://www.birdbats.com

Comment

• Kaplankrazies
              • Aug 2007

Well, my 2 favorite players are:

Brendan Harris: 8 batting gloves, 2 bats, 2 cleats

Chris Ray: 1 pants.

Comment

• DonTheLegend
                • Sep 2006

i really enjoy threads such as these.

i can appreciate the amount of time, energy and compassion that goes into collecting GU items of a favorite player.

i recently posted pics of most of my Ray Lankford collection here:

i have about 25 GU items in all and still actively pursuing his items.

although Rays items are considered affordable, they are becoming more and more scarce, which, in a way makes it all the more enjoyable.
                donnyatdpi@gmail.com

Comment

• bigtruck260
                  • Sep 2007

I am with "The Legend" on this one...

We both collect Ray Lankford stuff - although I am not exclusively dedicated to Ray. I agree that his stuff is becoming scarce because people are beginning to remember what a great player he was.

I guess that it's true of many players - like Willie McGee...another guy I collect that the supply is drying up on.

I am fortunate to have found another person that has a Lankford collection in case I decide to move some items, etc.

Of my collection of Cardinal outfielders, I guess I have about 30 bats. Most are players that I enjoyed watching...Eric Davis, Brian Jordan, Ron Gant, Willie McGee, Ray, Edmonds, etc.

value is unimportant...
                  Dave
                  Looking for 1990's STL Cardinal starting pitcher's bats
                  River City Redbird Authentics
                  http://www.freewebs.com/bigtruck260/

sigpic

Comment

• Mac670
                    • May 2007

My favorite player is Kobe. I have four full uniforms. 2 of the autoed.

Comment

• thomecollector
                      • May 2006

Mine is Jim Thome. I have been collecting him since about '95. I have a bunch of game used from Indians, and Sox stuff. Not as much as I used to due to selling/trading to get that special item. They include an '06 Home pinstripe, '06 Black alternate, '07 Cool base BP, '06 cleats, 3 pairs of batting gloves from '06. Fielding glove, as well as 7 different bats.
                      Attached Files
                      Roger Ward- Thomecollector
                      thomecollector@verizon.net

Comment

• Mac670
                        • May 2007

Here are 2 of them.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Kid4hof03
                          • Nov 2005

My favorite player to collect is Ron Gant. I have other players that I collect as well, Gary Carter, Bernie Williams and Reggie Jackson are a few of them.

I've attached some pictures of my former Gant collection. Unfortunately a few years ago I got bored and decided to sell my Gant collection and try something else. Well, I really regret it! No other projects have been as fun so now I've decided to try to rebuild. I still have about 12 bats, a few hats and batting gloves and other items but I haven't added any jerseys to my "recollection" yet.

Abe
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Jags Fan Dan
                            • Apr 2007

My favorite is Mark Brunell. Right now, I only have 2 jerseys, both signed and from 1997.

Comment

• B1SON
                              • May 2007

Mine are former and current NDSU players--my favorite being a gameused Tyrone Braxton "Orange Crush" Broncos jersey from 1996. Check out ALL my jerseys and used equipment at my website.

www.BisonGameDayMemorabilia.com

Joe
                              Broncos middle linebacker.....Joe Mays!
                              sigpic

Collecting - Tyrone Braxton (Broncos 87-93 Dolphins 94 Broncos 95-99), Phil Hansen (Bills 91-01), Steve Nelson (Patriots 74-87), Stacy Robinson (Giants 85-90), Kevin Donnalley (Patriots 1981), Lamar Gordon (Rams 02-03, Dolphins 04, Eagles 05, Lions 06), Jared Peck (Falcons 2004), Craig Dahl (Giants 2007-08, Rams 2009-10), Joe Mays (Eagles 2008-09, Broncos 2010), & Dick Hanson (Giants 1971) among others. :rolleyes:

Comment

Working...