PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever deal with sarge92-collectables?

toddhead
10-23-2007, 05:31 PM
He seems to have a lot of game used jerseys. Anyone ever dealt with http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifsarge92-collectables (http://myworld.ebay.com/sarge92-collectables/)?

bisysiai
12-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Yes! He is well connected to the industry leaders like Grey Flannel, American Mem., Vintage Authentics, & the MeiGray Group. I understand he is retired military and has been collecting Gamers for years. Hope this helps!:)

worldchamps
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
I did kind of laugh when I saw a Plaxico game used "practice jersey"...if you know anything about Plaxico you realize how "rare" this is

bigtruck260
12-12-2007, 12:25 PM
Yes! He is well connected to the industry leaders like Grey Flannel, American Mem., Vintage Authentics, & the MeiGray Group. I understand he is retired military and has been collecting Gamers for years. Hope this helps!:)

Sounds like a press release...:rolleyes:

BarryMeisel
12-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Hi Bisysiai,

I do not believe we at MeiGray know anybody who calls himself sarge92-collectables ...

If this retired military person is, in fact, well-connected to MeiGray and has never used his sarge92-collectables name with us, then I will correct this post.

Can you tell me who this person is, so I can clarify if we simply do not know him by this name?

Thanks,
Barry

toddhead
12-13-2007, 07:48 AM

Thi shas to be one of the funniest posts I have ever read. You could you have at least tried to make it a little less obvious.:rolleyes:

bisysiai
12-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Todd, what can I say! I left the Army with a TS SBI clearance and I never expected someone to actually use this forum for a sort of background check, so I figured I'd give my eBay venture a little plug!

Barry would know me as Angelo Iossa. I have used MeiGray for a source of Giants Gamers since 1997. At any rate, you have my email address so feel free to let me know if you are looking for something. I have a nice inventory of 1994 75th Anniversary NFL gamers I have put together over the years if you're ever interested. Best Regards and Holiday Wishes, Sarge92-Collectables :)

toddhead
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
I always do my research!

I will say publicly that you were nothing but helpful with my questions concerning your items I was interested in.

DConLA
12-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Hi Bisysiai,

I do not believe we at MeiGray know anybody who calls himself sarge92-collectables ...

If this retired military person is, in fact, well-connected to MeiGray and has never used his sarge92-collectables name with us, then I will correct this post.

Can you tell me who this person is, so I can clarify if we simply do not know him by this name?

Thanks,
Barry
BARRY I THING IT'S TIME TO CORRECT THIS POST.

DAN

BarryMeisel
12-23-2007, 09:38 AM
Hi everybody,

I just sent this e-mail reply (posted in its entirety below) to Angelo Iossa.

Happy Holidays to all of you from all of us at MGG.

Barry

Hi Angelo,

Happy Holidays to you and yours, and thanks for the kind words.

I am home for the Xmas holidays, but I will be happy to update the Forum post.

Yes, I do recognize your name as a MeiGray customer.

My only purpose in posting is that the post I responded to (if you are bisysiai why did you write in the third person?) said that Sarge 92 Collectibles "is well connected" to MeiGray.

Well'connected is a lot different than someone purchasing items from MeiGray and using MeiGray as a reference source. All 10,000 of our customers would be well-connected under that definition.

I will update my post to reflect our conversation,

Regards,

Barry

bisysiai
12-23-2007, 10:46 AM
Barry, thank you for taking the time to respond to the GUU post. It is greatly appreciated! I am a little embarrassed about the judgment I made in an attempt to give my eBay venture a plug in the third person (bisysiai) in response to Todd’s original post. It was not intended to be malicious or underhanded, but it was obviously not the best choice.

I also apologize for using what may not have been the best selection of words (well-connected) in describing my personal relationship with the MGG. I certainly didn’t mean to offend or mislead anyone. I should have problem described the relationship as a respectful patron with a 10 year history of game used purchases and transactions.

I will continue my small venture on eBay as sarge92-collectables and hopefully supplement my income a little once I am social security eligible. I will also continue to use the MGG as an Industry Leader & Resource and hope you did not misconstrue my bad judgment or choice of words with my personal respect for your position in the industry and your many accomplishments at Meigray!

Warmest Regards & Holiday Wishes

Angelo

BarryMeisel
12-23-2007, 12:58 PM
Angelo,

Thank you for setting the record straight.

Best of luck with your Ebay venture, and feel free to rely on MeiGray's database whenever you need to.

And I will confirm your registered purchases to anyone who wishes to ask for information on anything MeiGray-registered that you offer on ebay.

Regards and Happy Holidays,

Barry