PDA

View Full Version : If you had the choice...

DonFan23
10-23-2007, 07:39 PM
...to acquire one of 2 game used bats of the same player,and:

both are postseason bats from the same playoff series
both show game use and are both cracked
they are 2 different brands/models, both with proper postseason labelingHowever:

1 is photomatched to a hit that drove in a game-winning RBI
the other is style-matched to a significant homerun in the seriesWhich of the two would you choose to have and display as part of your collection, and why?

bigjimsguitars
10-23-2007, 10:29 PM
I would go with the one with the best provenance....

bigtruck260
10-23-2007, 10:38 PM
I would take the photo matched bat - I think something like that would look better in a display if there was a photo of the exact moment it was used right next to it. Style matches are great, but then you have to convice everyone (including yourself) that it was the actual bat used - not worth it in my opinion.

Dave

stlbats
10-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Buy them both :D

Jason
ripken8@bellsouth.net

kylehess10
10-23-2007, 10:55 PM
I would have to go with the photomatched one, because no matter how perfect a style-match may be, it never guarantees that the player used the bat. Plus, if it is a significant homerun, then I'd expect for it to be either with the player of the hall of fame.

bigjimsguitars
10-23-2007, 11:48 PM
One would have to think that there would be ample pictures available to photo-match both if it's a recent post-season game/series, but the OP never mentioned when or what year the bat(s) are from.

Provenance as I suggested comes in many forms, with photo-matching from verifiable source being one. Eye witness accounts are another, especially if it's from the horses mouth if you know what I mean!

Heck if both are available, get them both as already suggested!!!!