PDA

View Full Version : Cameron HR balls

joelsabi
10-28-2007, 07:38 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Cameron-Game-Used-Home-Run-Baseballs-197-198_W0QQitemZ220164576766QQihZ012QQcategoryZ73418Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a once in a life time oppotunity to but 2 Offiical Game Used Homerun Baseballs from All-Star Centerfielder and SD Padres great Mike Cameron.
On May 22nd 2007 I was in SD with my wife on business. Ther were five of us in the group.In the 3rd inning Mike Cameron hit a HR to deep right center field and it landed right into my stomach and onto my chair. That was Mike's 197th of his career and itwas a shot. 2 innings later Mike hit another shot and it landed about 10 rows away and bounced towards me, I dove on the ground and got the ball. It was Mike's 198th HR of his career. The usher told me that at the end of the eighth he will take me below the stadium to wait for Mike to see if Mike wanted the balls or if I could trade him for something. I met Mike and he told me that I can have the HR baseballs, he also gave me the bat but I am keeping that for my collection. Mike signed both baseballs, put the date on the balls andput the career HR number on them. Simply incredible. Don't want to part with them but I'm expecting twins.

Great story item

TFig27
10-28-2007, 07:46 PM
how did you or mike know his career homerun totals?

cigarman44
10-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Its too bad you had to let them go for a mere 117.00. Think I would have held on to the for that.

treasurechest collectibles
10-28-2007, 10:58 PM
yeah what a great story...but a shame it only fetched $117.:(

TomTimmerman
10-29-2007, 09:18 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mike-Cameron-Game-Used-Home-Run-Baseballs-197-198_W0QQitemZ220164576766QQihZ012QQcategoryZ73418Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This is a once in a life time oppotunity to but 2 Offiical Game Used Homerun Baseballs from All-Star Centerfielder and SD Padres great Mike Cameron.
On May 22nd 2007 I was in SD with my wife on business. Ther were five of us in the group.In the 3rd inning Mike Cameron hit a HR to deep right center field and it landed right into my stomach and onto my chair. That was Mike's 197th of his career and itwas a shot. 2 innings later Mike hit another shot and it landed about 10 rows away and bounced towards me, I dove on the ground and got the ball. It was Mike's 198th HR of his career. The usher told me that at the end of the eighth he will take me below the stadium to wait for Mike to see if Mike wanted the balls or if I could trade him for something. I met Mike and he told me that I can have the HR baseballs, he also gave me the bat but I am keeping that for my collection. Mike signed both baseballs, put the date on the balls andput the career HR number on them. Simply incredible. Don't want to part with them but I'm expecting twins.

Great story item

Just noticed this, don't know why. Last week you posted (on the Items Wanted board under a different user name):
This is a great item that I have that I need to get rid of due to my wife and I expecting a baby. I was in San Diego in april for a game with my wife and her company. I caught a homerun ball from MIke Cameron. 2 innings later he hit another homerun and it landed about 10 rows from me. I offered the father hot dogs and drinks for the family (4) people and he agreed. Mike was my favorite player since his days in NY .The stadium people took me to meet mike after the game and mike signed the balls, noted the date and the # of his career home run on each ball. Awesmoe item, email me if you are interested and I can send some pics. Serious replies only.

The ESPN play-by-play log says they both went to left. And the ticket stub you included with the auction is from section 117 (which is on the first base side in foul territory).

bigtruck260
10-29-2007, 09:35 PM
Are you allowed to have another User name?
I always assume that when a dealer tellms me a story like that that there will be some sort of embelishment during the course of discussion -

About the ticket - that part does not look good. Maye it is a simple explanation....?

cigarman44
10-29-2007, 09:36 PM
Nice detective work. This does seem kinda odd.

TomTimmerman
10-29-2007, 09:42 PM
I just found the video at MLB.com. Both homers clearly go to left center. It's hard to tell, but the first seems to land on the stairway or walkway. Certainly doesn't look like it landed right in anyone's stomarch. The second one is not as deep and appears to land in a large crowd of people. Doesn't seem like a likely place for a bounce/roll.

cigarman44
10-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Looks like the only twins she is expecting are her husbands two identities lol

bigtruck260
10-29-2007, 09:48 PM
Waiting for him to realize this discussion is happening - just checked...he's on. :confused:

joelsabi
10-29-2007, 10:01 PM
this isnt my item on ebay. i just saw it and thought it was a nice item. i copy and paste the describe to make it easier on a reader here and to save me time. so this is a misunderstanding.

so its not true how he described how he got the ball?

Just noticed this, don't know why. Last week you posted (on the Items Wanted board under a different user name):
This is a great item that I have that I need to get rid of due to my wife and I expecting a baby. I was in San Diego in april for a game with my wife and her company. I caught a homerun ball from MIke Cameron. 2 innings later he hit another homerun and it landed about 10 rows from me. I offered the father hot dogs and drinks for the family (4) people and he agreed. Mike was my favorite player since his days in NY .The stadium people took me to meet mike after the game and mike signed the balls, noted the date and the # of his career home run on each ball. Awesmoe item, email me if you are interested and I can send some pics. Serious replies only.

The ESPN play-by-play log says they both went to left. And the ticket stub you included with the auction is from section 117 (which is on the first base side in foul territory).

bigtruck260
10-29-2007, 10:02 PM
See - I thought there was a simple explanation...

TomTimmerman
10-29-2007, 10:29 PM
My apologies to joelsabi. Others were responding as if the item was yours. So it's Tommycard who has some splainin' to do.