PDA

View Full Version : MVP item in your collection?

joelsabi
10-28-2007, 08:04 PM
was look at a video of Kurt Cerulli Baseball collection and he talked about his MVP item in his collection and he chose a item that he received from his daughter (an autograped magazine that his daughter got signed for him with personal inscription to him). He did his collection is less than 5 years.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Wk6hEFoVUo

So my question is what is you MVP item in your collection and why.

grandpahoo
10-29-2007, 02:59 AM
An autograph that I got from Ali when I was 11. It's on a piece of yellow lined paper, which obviously isn't ideal, but I have it matted and framed with a black and white photo and it looks pretty f'ing sweet. It was my first autograph, which is why it's my favorite.

metsbats
10-29-2007, 06:35 AM
Out of all the game used items in my collection, my MVP is a Gil Hodges autographed baseball personally inscribed to me obtained for me by my Dad.

David

geoff
10-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Mine is also an ALI Glove that I bought when I was 16 years old.

JasonHalliburton
10-29-2007, 06:53 PM
MVP item in my collection is a game used bat, not signed though.

My photo matched and MLB hologrammed Vinny Castilla game used bat. The bat was used on 4-14-2005 and was used to hit the very first homerun at RFK Stadium in Nationals history.

bigtruck260
10-29-2007, 09:25 PM
I have a bat from WIllie McGee (1985 MVP) from 1996, his first year back with the Cardinals. I had one of the most pleasant athlete experiences in my life when he signed it and told me it was one of his without question.
It sits next to Jim Edmonds and Ray Lankford in a display case featuring Cardinals center fielders 1982-2007...JD Drew is on the way.

Dave

jake33
10-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Game used SUPER BOWL 37 helmet worn by Darian BArnes, video and photomatching of the helmet. Plus it was worn in 3 other 2002 games that I can photo match for it.

jshortt
11-19-2007, 02:32 PM
Just ressurrecting this thread. My MVP item is a bat that Josh Hamilton gave me. It is the bat he used to hit 2 homers with in his first MLB multi-homer game. I have it photo-matched and signed (personalized to me). Just the fact that it was handed to me, and I was told the back story on it by the player, himself, makes it trump my 1997 Griffey homer bat...easily.

-Josh

panthrotc
11-20-2007, 03:53 PM
i could list a bunch of items in this, a picture of me and mcgwire autographed, the first auto i got of him , when i was 6. but 2 that are my current favorite would be a bat i got of him 2 years ago....i game used bat from 1998 with awsome use. the batch code dates it to mid september when he was the new home run king. and 2nd would be the signed cracked in 2 places 2000 gamer i just recently bought.

as far as mac bats go, it doesnt get any better then these.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/panthrotc/beachandgamer014.jpg

nomarmauerfan
11-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Mine would be an autographed Mickey Mantle poster that my grandmother willed to me. I remember her having it on her family room wall...she loved Mantle. She wrote everything about the day on the back of the frame. I have it hanging on a wall in my office with a picture of her and him under it. I'm not a Mantle fan, but, she got me into collecting and its the one piece I will NEVER sell no matter what!!!

Mike

Dominic3464
11-20-2007, 04:26 PM
My game-used, uncracked, Chicago Cubs, "Ron Santo" Louisville Slugger...a wedding present from my "Best Man" no less...:)

Vintagedeputy
11-20-2007, 05:27 PM
I'd love to see pics of the Santo bat!

tym
11-21-2007, 01:06 AM
Thats a hard question to answer! I have a lot of favorite items and players, but this display has to be my favorite because most have done a great job at promoting baseball.
http://www.friendsofcff.com/images/baseball/IMG_1471.JPG

But if pushed I ould go with Raul! Here is a image of him with my family........
http://www.friendsofcff.com/images/baseball/IMG_0968.JPG
Cheers,
Ty
www.FriendsOfCFF.com (http://www.FriendsOfCFF.com)

joelsabi
11-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Thats a hard question to answer! I have a lot of favorite items and players, but this display has to be my favorite because most have done a great job at promoting baseball.

You display does a good job of not wasting space. what kind of baseball do you collect. are some game used balls and what are the significance of those balls

tym
11-21-2007, 01:38 AM
You display does a good job of not wasting space. what kind of baseball do you collect. are some game used balls and what are the significance of those balls

M's related of course :)

I have balls signed by the first M's season to almost every opening day. I started collecting when I was a bat boy for the San Jose Missions, which was the first minor league team the M's had.

When Dave Henderson's house burnt down I gave him most of lineup cards and other items I had so he would have something from those early days. Thats why you see items on my site personalized to my family from him on later A's jerseys and baseballs.
Cheers,
Ty