Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kingjammy24
    • Nov 2005

The Rolls-Royce of Bat Display Cases

who makes the finest bat display cases? i'm looking for a stand-alone (non-wall mounted), enclosed case for 3 or 4 bats. who makes the best cases money can buy? (functionally and appearance wise).

thanks,

rudy.
  • harpt
    • May 2007

Re: The Rolls-Royce of Bat Display Cases

This is a guy I know that does great work. A Mom and Pop organization...pride in his work, etc...though I don't know if the product is what you're looking for.

Scott Harpt
    scott_harpt at yahoo dot com
    Always seeking Cecil Cooper, Ben Oglivie, and Gorman Thomas

Comment

• mr.miracle
      • Apr 2006

Hello Rudy:

Although I have not bought from these guys yet, Jim Caravello has his bats displayed in cases from this company and he says they are the best in the business. Although I don't own a case yet, I would have to agree based on the pictures.

WE ARE THE LEADING COMPANY FOR HANDCRAFTED DISPLAY CASES We have Display Cases for all your sport collectible needs. From stock styles and sizes to "one of a kind" custom displays, we can display it all for you. Display your collection with pride. Our display cases are handcrafted with YOU the collector in mind.

Thanks
      Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• RobSteinmetz
        • Jan 1970

Rudy,

I've seen these in person, and they are pretty tough to beat. In fact, I know this guy sells quite a bit to players (back in 2003, I was in line behind Kerry Wood's wife when she was buying a bunch of cases for his stuff). Pricey, but really quality stuff...

Shop Now for all your jersey framing needs. No one frames more jerseys. No one frames jerseys at a better price. No one has more raving fans.

Good Luck,

Rob
        Rob Steinmetz
        www.authenticgamers.com
        authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

• RobSteinmetz
          • Jan 1970

Rudy,

I spoke too soon. The homeplate heroes case company was the one who sold all the cases to Kerry Wood's wife. However, I've also seen cases from the link I posted, and they seem to be close in quality. Truth be told, however, I'd give the edge to homeplate heroes.

Rob
          Rob Steinmetz
          www.authenticgamers.com
          authenticgamers@aol.com

Paying top dollar for Chicago Cubs game used equipment!

Comment

• mr.miracle
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by RobSteinmetz
            Rudy,

I've seen these in person, and they are pretty tough to beat. In fact, I know this guy sells quite a bit to players (back in 2003, I was in line behind Kerry Wood's wife when she was buying a bunch of cases for his stuff). Pricey, but really quality stuff...

Shop Now for all your jersey framing needs. No one frames more jerseys. No one frames jerseys at a better price. No one has more raving fans.

Good Luck,

Rob

Rob:

What is the best color combination to use in terms of wood and the inner liner to display primarily black bats or a Walker finish bat?

Thanks
            Brett Herman

brettherman2131@hotmail.com

Always looking for Cal Ripken Jr. Brooks Robinson, Boog Powell and Orioles game used bats and jersey's.

Comment

• TNTtoys
              • Aug 2006

This is something I have been pondering too... I want a single case to hold about 6-8 bats. It needs to fit a specific wall space.

I have taken a look at a lot of different bat cases on the internet the past couple of weeks and have come to the conclusion that I need to construct what I want myself. The "best in the business" bat cases look great, but the price is extremely cost prohibitive (over $700.00 with shipping!).

Isn't there a company out there who has a product that does not cost a fortune that still looks nice???
              Looking for ...
              Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
              Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
              Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• chicagoglen
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by kingjammy24
                who makes the finest bat display cases? i'm looking for a stand-alone (non-wall mounted), enclosed case for 3 or 4 bats. who makes the best cases money can buy? (functionally and appearance wise).

thanks,

rudy.

I do! Just kidding. I just finished my wall mounted Solid Quarter Sawn Oak paneled case for 21 bats. I will hang it tonight and take better pictures. The case is heavy though. This has a 3/4 inch thick Ply case with 3/4 inch thich panels around all four sides. This case is felt lined and will one day have a mounted glass front or one large flip up door. I like the open look for right now.

I am thinking about making some stand alone cases with plexy doors.

Here were some project pictures.

Comment

• suave1477
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2006

KingJammy Cooperstown bat company makes pretty good racks and they currently have a stand alone pedestal rack. When I spoke to them last there rep mentioned that they may start making enclosed cases also, but take a look at this one, hope it helps.....

Comment

• kingjammy24
                    • Nov 2005

thanks to everyone for their input. some of the links provided have exactly what i'm looking for.

chicagoglen: how heavy, with glass and full of bats, is that case?

rudy.

Comment

• Game Used Bats
                      • Feb 2006

Do any of these cases protect from UV light?

Anthony

Comment

• chicagoglen
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by kingjammy24
                        thanks to everyone for their input. some of the links provided have exactly what i'm looking for.

chicagoglen: how heavy, with glass and full of bats, is that case?

rudy.

I have no idea but I wonder how much 21 bats weigh by themselves? 50 lbs - 55 lbs? I bet total around 100 lbs in all. I am hanging it tonight with two other guy's. I figure I will put 6 - 3" inch screws throught the ply into the studs.

Comment

• Swoboda4
                          • Nov 2005

That's the other thing my 13 bat homemade display is very heavy and required a 2x3 along the bottom bolted to the studs in the wall for support. It's a frame type display and it required oak for proper support and best stain ability. The studs in the wall didn't line up to the sides of the display for where i wanted it. The 2x3 was painted to the wall color and blends in. The better looking a wall bat display is the heavier it is.

Comment

• chicagoglen
                            • Aug 2006

Swoboda4,

Can I see a picture of your case?

Also,
                            I am curious to those who have the 9 bat "professional" cases what the back is made of. I assume it is a thin 1/4 inch thick ply and that there must be some type of monting brackets? I could have changed my design and went with a thinner ply for the back of the case and then used french cleats hidden behind it but I wanted it to be heavy and sturdy.

Comment

• TNTtoys
                              • Aug 2006

Chicagoglen - can you email me please at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com?

I have decided to make my own, and had a question for you regarding your experience building yours.
                              Looking for ...
                              Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
                              Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
                              Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...