PDA

View Full Version : just talked to a sports agent about getting a gamer... WOW!

jake33
10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
THis is unreal to me.

I just contacted a pro sports agent that is also an attorney about getting a game used jersey from one of his clients who is a tampa bay Buc. I was told this "Why don't you just go to NFL shop, customize one and say it was game worn. Nobody will know the difference."

I am not kidding! This is a direct quote! Granted it is not a well known Buccaneer or a well known agent but that is ridiculous.

kingjammy24
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM
you shouldn't have mentioned they were an agent and lawyer. then it really might've come across as surprising. :p

rudy.

suave1477
10-31-2007, 04:09 PM
Sad!!!:(

ahuff
10-31-2007, 04:37 PM
I don't find this astounding at all. I've contacted reps, from several teams (hockey and baseball), inquiring about gamers. On several occassions I was told "We aren't selling the game jerseys, but we could make you one that is exactly the same". They aren't talking replica, either.

I truly don't believe they are wanting to be deceptive. It is just they don't understand that my desire is to own a gamer of a particular player. Not only that, if they do, it can end up in the market as a gamer. I've always flatly declined. I wonder how many other people don't though.

Experiences, like these, should scare game worn collectors more than anything they will experience this Halloween.