PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Fall League Pickups

OaklandAsFan
11-06-2007, 06:06 PM
Today I had a pretty good day in Phoenix.
4 bats
A diablo pro model bat from Jeff Baisley (Oakland A's)
Marucci Donny Lucy (Chicago White Sox)
Old Hickory Nolan Reimold (Baltimore Orioles)
Controlling the Game Andrew McCutchen (Pittsburg Pirates)

Anyone ever heard of this Controlling the game company??

kylehess10
11-06-2007, 06:07 PM

I've never heard of that model before. Do you have a pic?

OaklandAsFan
11-06-2007, 06:23 PM
I still havent figured out how to post pics on here if someone would give me a quick lesson I will post pics

Mac670
11-06-2007, 06:28 PM
First you need to download the pictures to your computer(download as a jpeg file). Then you go to attached files and pick the pictures you would like to show in the forum.

OaklandAsFan
11-06-2007, 06:29 PM
First you need to download the pictures to your computer(download as a jpeg file). Then you go to attached files and pick the pictures you would like to show in the forum.

I tried that in another thread about something and it didnt work

Mac670
11-06-2007, 06:31 PM
I'm sorry if I was a little vague. Post a reply and you will see the attach files and then you browse your computer for the right pictures. Hopw that helps, if not I hope someone can explain more easily.:)

kylehess10
11-06-2007, 06:32 PM
I tried that in another thread about something and it didnt work

What is the size of the image? There's a limit on the size of the image you post which could possibly be the problem.

Mac670
11-06-2007, 06:33 PM
Don't use the big size.

OaklandAsFan
11-06-2007, 06:44 PM
Here lemme give it a shot

1 pic is of the 4 bats I picked up today the other 2 pics are of my bats that are crammed into a very small apartment for right now so they arent displayed nearly how I had them or want them. The bat rack has another 17 bats on the other side as well.

eGameUsed
11-06-2007, 09:04 PM
OaklandAsFan,

Could you shoot me an e-mail? I have a questions for you!

Thanks,

madlab7
11-06-2007, 09:38 PM
Controlling the Game is a newer bat company, that I do no not think compares to any of the other bats. A rep sent us some samples at Spring training this year and we gave them out to some of the guys and found that they were basically worthless and seemed to be soft and not last long. I didnt see but a handful of them come through the clubhouses this year, so I do not think many would be using them. Seems odd that someone like McCutchen would be using it instead of LS, which he had when he came through last year.

OaklandAsFan
11-06-2007, 11:11 PM
OaklandAsFan,

Could you shoot me an e-mail? I have a questions for you!

Thanks,

email sent.

OaklandAsFan
11-06-2007, 11:13 PM
Controlling the Game is a newer bat company, that I do no not think compares to any of the other bats. A rep sent us some samples at Spring training this year and we gave them out to some of the guys and found that they were basically worthless and seemed to be soft and not last long. I didnt see but a handful of them come through the clubhouses this year, so I do not think many would be using them. Seems odd that someone like McCutchen would be using it instead of LS, which he had when he came through last year.

He has been using them the entire fall league. Started with some black ones not on to natural. I see what you are talking about with the softness of it. On the top of the bat where the cup is it is dented like he hit one of the end of the bat and dented the bat into the cupping but didnt break it.

chicagoglen
11-07-2007, 04:26 PM
I believe this is the first time I have seen a branded Diablo bat. Is this new this year?

OaklandAsFan
11-07-2007, 04:45 PM
I was wondering about that also. The only other Diablo bats I have are from Eric Chavez but I have seen several but never branded like this one.

NegleyPirate
11-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Today I had a pretty good day in Phoenix.
4 bats
A diablo pro model bat from Jeff Baisley (Oakland A's)
Marucci Donny Lucy (Chicago White Sox)
Old Hickory Nolan Reimold (Baltimore Orioles)

Hello could you send me an email? I wanna ask you a question.
thanks,

godwulf
11-08-2007, 12:13 AM
I believe that Eric Byrnes of the Diamondbacks was using some Control the Game bats toward the end of the season. I'll ask when I see him a week from Saturday.

Hey, I never have any luck getting bats at those games - though I have managed to catch/scrounge four foul balls this year and get those signed. :rolleyes: If you're able to get any bats from the DBacks prospects who are playing for the Scorpions and are interested in selling them, I'm your Buyer.

whatupyos
11-08-2007, 01:43 AM
Byrnesie was actually using Diablo bats toward the end of last year...I'm a huge fan, so if you can get some game used Byrnesie stuff, let me know!!

Aaron

SunDevil2126628@aol.com

godwulf
11-08-2007, 09:22 AM
The only Brynes bat that I've been able to get ahold of is a Sam bat that he used early in the season, and that's the one I'm getting signed on the 17th, and which I'm holding onto.

gatorcollector
11-08-2007, 12:58 PM
If you can get your hands on any Matt LaPorta stuff, please let me know!

OaklandAsFan
11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
I will start off by saying that I don't sell anything that I get my hands on (part of the reason that I get them from the players because I have a reputation among the Oakland A's players as being stand up and not in it for profit but for my collection)
In regards to LaPorta good luck on that he has the biggest ego I have ever seen in the Arizona Fall League. He rarely signs autographs and when he does he personalizes every one of them (something I don't really mind because I collect for myself but there are a number of dealers who come down here with pages of stuff to get signed to sell and I hear them whine about him all the time and laugh cause they deserve it)
The one time I saw him break a bat he refused to give it too me and three other adults who were standing there after the game but this young girl came down (she was really obnoxious and was asking for bats from players while they were standing in the on deck circle in the middle of the game) and he handed the bat to her. There are plenty of first rounders playing in the AFL that don't have that big league ego so I am not sure where he got it from but oh well what can ya do its not his job to sign autographs and give out bats and equipment its his job to entertain us on the field.

jshortt
11-09-2007, 02:30 PM
Just a comment on the Controlling The Game bats. I know that Pujols has used them a few times, and Josh Hamilton used them, almost exclusively, this year. The one he gave me was great. With Josh, the CTG's certainly held up better than his LS M9's. He cracked one of those nearly every time he used one.

-Josh

bat_master
11-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi Josh,

Can you email me at t_byington@yahoo.com? I've got a question about a bat you may be able to help me with.

Thanks
Tim