PDA

View Full Version : Your Jersey from School

Swoboda4
11-12-2007, 08:05 PM
Both-Teams-Played-Hard's thread reminded me that I would love to have my actual High School baseball jersey (Ft Hamilton High School Brooklyn)JV #28, Varsity #18;circa 1975.,anyone else have their school jersey or feel the same way?

David
11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I still have my high school track & field jersey, shorts and shoes (with screw in spikes). Green and white Spartans like Michigan State.

karamaxjoe
11-12-2007, 08:46 PM
I have both my home and road high school football jerseys from 1983.

Mike

bigtruck260
11-12-2007, 09:06 PM
We were not allowed to keep our baseball unis -

HOWEVER, I just checked and I still have my workout shirt, BP/Practice sleeves, sanitary socks and jock. I have been married 10 years and got to keep my HS jock...unreal.

Mom still has the letter jacket in her closet.

Dave

bigtime59
11-13-2007, 08:45 AM
My wife still has her high school basketball jerseys.

worldchamps
11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
I sent mine to Mears and it only got a 6.5!!!!! I guess I will send to Lampson next.

Bill

ahuff
11-13-2007, 11:40 AM
I've still got my high school home and road basketball jerseys. I never kept the shorts, as they were very "Stockton-ish".

wahboom22
11-13-2007, 03:45 PM
I have 3 of my game worn helmets from college, along with both my home and away jerseys and pants from both my junior and senior years. I was also lucky enough to play a few years of indoor football after college in a few leagues and have 3 of my game used helmets and 4 or 5 jerseys. As a player/collector I aways stayed on top of my equipment!

jboosted92
11-13-2007, 04:36 PM
I have 3 of my game worn helmets from college, along with both my home and away jerseys and pants from both my junior and senior years. I was also lucky enough to play a few years of indoor football after college in a few leagues and have 3 of my game used helmets and 4 or 5 jerseys. As a player/collector I aways stayed on top of my equipment!

I was the first to hit a home run in a ball park (little league) back in 1991. I still have the ball.

I still have No-hitter baseballs i threw from High School as well..

both-teams-played-hard
11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I have my full basketball warm up. They're old School-Sand Knit, rainbow knit. The team got new warm-ups, and the coach gave us the old ones. I DO NOT have my game jersey, but am hoping for a miracle. Sand Knit black mesh with orange and white sewn lettering. Home white with orange and black. "WINTER PARK" "#20".

metsbats
11-13-2007, 10:11 PM
I have my full baseball uniform from the year I played for St Mary's Elementary school when I was in 5th grade. Pinstripe uniform with pants and socks too!

David

TNTtoys
11-13-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm nostalgic too... I never managed to save any of my childhood baseball or basketball uniforms... but got into the habit later. I became a pretty competitive bowler from high school on... I saved my High School Varsity jacket and the bowling shirt I wore for Hofstra University in all of our team matches. We came in 2nd place in the EIBC (Eastern Intercollegiate Bowling Conference) in 1988-89. The following year I was named Captain... I never got the obligatory "C" though...lol...

topekabob
11-14-2007, 11:05 PM
I have my Lake Oswego Lakers sophomore team jersey (yes, same school as Kevin Love and Neil Lomax). It was used by the varsity in the 70's and then by the sophomore teams for a few years in the 80's. Years later my friend found our old jerseys at the school in horrendous shape (note missing numbers!). But obviously a classic.

Second jersey I have is my Carleton College basketball top. Considering all the time I spent on the bench, it's in surprisingly bad shape! I still can't believe in my entire life I ever wore a Large.

genius
11-16-2007, 06:11 PM
CYO basketball senior year in high school, short for "Seminoles". Most fun I ever had playing hoops! Weren't enough basketballs to go around, we would have won every game by 30 if there were a 3-point line in play.

Kid4hof03
11-16-2007, 06:15 PM
My high school changed uniform styles after my senior year. When my Mom found out she bought my home and away basketball uniforms from the atheltic department. I still have those and my varsity jacket.

both-teams-played-hard
11-25-2008, 04:51 PM
I have my full basketball warm up. They're old School-Sand Knit, rainbow knit. The team got new warm-ups, and the coach gave us the old ones. I DO NOT have my game jersey, but am hoping for a miracle. Sand Knit black mesh with orange and white sewn lettering. Home white with orange and black. "WINTER PARK" "#20".
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1714/wp1le7.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6782/wp3pm8.jpg

gannonknight85
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
I still have my high school football jerseys both home and away, my college football jersey, and my high school baseball jersey. I recently cleaned my closet and threw out alot of stuff that I thought I would never throw out but the jerseys will never go.

halzeus
11-25-2008, 11:17 PM
Great thread. I have my home and away jerseys that I wore my junior year in high school.

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/MyJerseys/BaragaPurple76Front2.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk225/halzeus/MyJerseys/BaragaGold76Jersey1Front.jpg

Aloving77
11-25-2008, 11:36 PM
Our jerseys were recycled (when varsity got new jerseys, jv got the old ones, and freshmen got the old jv) but I still have my old football helmet. I'll post pictures lately.

skyking26
11-26-2008, 01:19 AM
I have my 1971 Cub Scout uniform top. It is available for sale...

Shu40
11-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I too have my old high school football jersey (away) and practice jersey. Now I work and coach at my old high school and the students/players think that it is great I have held on to these. Ours get recycled also, but we always have the option to purchase at the end of the season.

both-teams-played-hard
03-16-2010, 09:55 AM

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/1714/wp1le7.jpghttp://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6782/wp3pm8.jpg
I thought this was a good thread to revisit and to honor my alma mater, Winter Park High School in Winter Park, Florida. 2010 Florida class 6A State Basketball Champions! First State Championship in Boys Basketball in my school's history, led by Doc's son, Austin Rivers. We're bad...we know it...we let the scoreboard show it...(to you old guys and you very young bucks: that's not "bad" meaning, "bad" but "bad" meaning "good").

Dewey2007
03-16-2010, 10:45 AM

I thought this was a good thread to revisit and to honor my alma mater, Winter Park High School in Winter Park, Florida. 2010 Florida class 6A State Basketball Champions! First State Championship in Boys Basketball in my school's history, led by Doc's son, Austin Rivers. We're bad...we know it...we let the scoreboard show it...(to you old guys and you very young bucks: that's not "bad" meaning, "bad" but "bad" meaning "good").

Warren, do you have any old polaroids of you wearing the warmup? Would love to see a photomatch of the high school threads!

both-teams-played-hard
03-16-2010, 11:05 AM
Warren, do you have any old polaroids of you wearing the warmup? Would love to see a photomatch of the high school threads!
I have some photos at my Mom's house...not at my fingertips now.

eisenreich8
03-16-2010, 11:06 AM
I wore a polyester and pleather band uniform.

legaleagle92481
03-16-2010, 11:17 AM
I'm nostalgic too... I never managed to save any of my childhood baseball or basketball uniforms... but got into the habit later. I became a pretty competitive bowler from high school on... I saved my High School Varsity jacket and the bowling shirt I wore for Hofstra University in all of our team matches. We came in 2nd place in the EIBC (Eastern Intercollegiate Bowling Conference) in 1988-89. The following year I was named Captain... I never got the obligatory "C" though...lol...

You went to Hofstra? I did also.

suave1477
03-16-2010, 11:24 AM
I still have my Dodgeball uniform you may recognize me in this picture

http://images.bidorbuy.co.za/user_images/151/1032151_090316201451_Dodgeball-movie-f02.jpg

shoremen44
03-16-2010, 11:30 AM
I still have my Lacrosse Jersey and Helmet.. and of course Ring, from my 1998 National Championship year

Pic is just one game from that year

gingi79
03-16-2010, 12:49 PM
My dad kept all of my Little League jerseys. My first year, we were sponsored by a hardware store and wore green shirts. Well my dog was named after Reggie Jackson and my father dug through all of the shirts until he found number 44. I was much older before I knew why :p

While I love sports, I was about as athletically gifted as a three legged horse. I wasn't fast, I had no endurance and I grew up in a house where two people smoked until I was 24 so running caused me to cough. I say this because I realized my best friend and I were growing apart when we started high school and I wanted to find something we could do together so we could remain friendly. I knew him for 14 years but he and I were very different people when we started high school. It was important enough for me to find some common ground. When he suggested I join the Track Team, I laughed and figured I's sign up and wash out.

My coach was a teacher in our school. He handled the students who had behavioral and emotional problems. He was a hard man who was a long time student of karate. He once had his ass kicked by Chuck Norris in Madison Square Garden. He reminded me a lot of my father, a very strong willed person. For 3 years, 6 seasons, I listened to him tell me how I wasn't doing it right and that I should stop smoking (even though it was my parents not me) and push myself. The one thing he never questioned was the fact I listened to him and my form was excellent.

My senior year our first practice, he named 3 people the Captains. All three were 4 years members and had improved to the point of being competitive. As he named them, each one on order offered the Captaincy to me. It turns out, they had discussed it and felt the fact I had fought for 4 seasons to do my best, had never once missed a practice, was the first one there and the last one home and cheered loudest for my teammates that I was captain for my 4 years already and they felt I should formally get the title. The coach agreed. I thought I was on top of the world, that I could never feel better about myself. That was until I found out my teammates all donated $3 each to buy me my captains jacket.

We couldn't keep our uniforms as it took 5 years of saving the money allocated to us in our budget to get new uniforms but my captains jacket will be hung in my ManCave with my Letters, numbers, awards and Discus.

geoff
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
I still have my Little League Items from when I Played BaseBall.I also still have my Warm Up Pullover And Hat from when I Played Ball in High School.

sox83cubs84
03-16-2010, 03:34 PM
I never played prep sports...one 1990s ballhawk gave my wife his high school baseball jersey. Unfortnately, the guy's become a really major suck-up tool as an adult, so I stuck it away somewhere, God only knows where. When/if I DO find it, it's being donated to the local Goodwill shop.

Dave M.
Chicago area

otismalibu
03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Played HS hoops in Canada back in the mid 80s. In a hockey town, we were still wearing the hand me downs from the mid 70s. Brutal. Each player was issued a single jersey and pair of trunks. Only numbers on the jersey, not even a school name. No warmups of any kind.
We all chipped in and secretly had our own uniforms designed. paid for them ourselves. Used the Atlanta Hawks as our inspiration. Hit the court for the layup line in our first game and the ref said they were illegal, due to some deal with primary and secondary color BS. And that was that.
All that remains is the practice jersey we ordered with the uniforms.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/otismalibu/th_muskies.jpg (http://s209.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/otismalibu/?action=view&current=muskies.jpg)

GarkoCollector
03-16-2010, 06:50 PM
I have my HS baseball jersey and my College jersey from the NAIA championship game.

Tyrcha
03-19-2010, 08:19 AM
Here's my collection of jerseys that I've played in over the years.

both-teams-played-hard
03-06-2011, 07:21 PM
I thought this was a good thread to revisit and to honor my alma mater, Winter Park High School in Winter Park, Florida. 2010 Florida class 6A State Basketball Champions! First State Championship in Boys Basketball in my school's history, led by Doc's son, Austin Rivers.
Winter Park repeated as State Champs last night. Also, Austin was the number one ranked McDonald's All American. He is going to Duke in the fall.:(

jppopma
03-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Makes me wonder what and how many jerseys kids have these days? They all have gloves for every position, 3 bats each, their own batting helmet....most likely home, away, alternate, Sunday, and TBTC jerseys to boot. (OK, I'll admit that I'd be the 1st parent to fork over an extra $60 or so for my boys to have nice new jerseys).

What ever happened to the days of one jersey, mesh, screened, and reversible to cover home and away???

Congrats to your old skool BTPH! Duke or not, maybe when if he goes pro you will break down and buy a few jerseys from this century. :)

UGA016
03-11-2011, 03:16 PM
man this is a great thread. I have alot of my Pee Wee football stuff from 5th and 6th grades. We went Undefeated both years and all ended up playing for a Georgia Highschool State Championship in 97-98....what a great group it was.... this is my 6th grade Year.

jake33
03-12-2011, 09:56 PM
all my X- girlfriends/power sluts have them now.

Nice jerseys with game use, but I am sure they all smell slutty now.

justinbittner220
03-12-2011, 10:06 PM
What a great thread! I still have a bunch of jerseys from Little League and Senior League. High School didn't let us keep them. I also have a ton of my Jr. High, High School, and travel hockey jerseys.