PDA

View Full Version : Edgar Renteria All Star Game Bat

bigtruck260
11-14-2007, 10:59 AM
The description appears to be honest. The ball mark for the AS ball looks to be in an odd place. What do you think about this one? Interesting.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2006-Edgar-Renteria-Game-Used-Bat-All-Star-Game-Braves_W0QQitemZ280172318262QQihZ018QQcategoryZ605 96QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Dave

bigtruck260
11-14-2007, 11:17 AM
BTW, plenty of green ball marks - so obviously a BP bat, but was it possible that he would use something as special as an AS bat for BP? With all of the Renteria bats out there, I would think this bat would have had an Elite sticker on it before the 9th inning....

Dave

skipcareyisfat
11-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Hey, Dave,
The seller's a GUU member. I'm sure Jimmie will see this post and will respond to whatever questions you have. But speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that he's an honest seller and that he does have a lot of good Braves stuff.
-Jason

bigtruck260
11-14-2007, 11:21 AM
No doubt he is honest...I was just wondering what the forum thought about the ball mark.

Dave

hiramman
11-14-2007, 11:47 AM
Yes, the bat definitely has BP ball marks. It is actually pounded with marks & lacemarks. When I got the bat last year, I was suprised to find the All-Star ball mark on it. There is only the one All-Star game ball mark on it that I could make out. Could there have been an All-Star game ball mixed in with the BP balls? I don't know. It is cracked, it's definitely Edgar's lumber, and it has the All-Star game ball mark on it. Other than that I just don't know. I tried to photo match the bat to the all-star game, but only found a couple of photos of his at bats in the game & the video of the game didn't help either. Other than verifying he used that style bat in the game, I got dead-ended. I purchased the bat together with an Andruw Jones bat that I was really wanting. Since he was not my favorite player, I really didn't spend a ton of time looking through photos and video of the game to try to match it. After a few days I just gave up. Rather than spend more time on it, I figured I'd sell it to someone that wanted to invest the additional time required.

hiramman
11-14-2007, 11:48 AM
My bad, I got the bat earlier this year, not last year.

bigtruck260
11-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Sounds like a job for Kyle.

KYLE???:D

kylehess10
11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Could there have been an All-Star game ball mixed in with the BP balls?

It is possible. At the Braves Home Opener this year, Ramon Castro threw me a ball and it was an Official 2005 All Star Game baseball. So that means they DO mix in these All Star Game baseballs but this Renteria bat certainly is interesting and it's in my watch list!

kylehess10
11-14-2007, 04:09 PM
Sounds like a job for Kyle.

KYLE???:D

Trust me, I already tried looking. :D