Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • metsbats
    • Nov 2005

2007 gamer missing MLB logo and TPX

I just picked up a 2007 game used Jorge Posada bat which does not have the MLB and TPX labeling on the back of the barrel.

Did HB remove these from the back of the barrels during the 2007 season?

Thanks
    David
    metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.
  • AstrosCollector
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Re: 2007 gamer missing MLB logo and TPX

Maybe BMH could be of better assistance here, but I believe that some players specifically ask for their bats to made without the MLB and TPX logo on the back of the barrel.

Comment

• BMH
      • Jul 2007

Need a picture of the bat. Jorge gets the TPX logo on the back of his bats. What usually happens is the TPX logo is the last operation in the Pro bat department. Sometimes the guys doing the branding forgets to put it on and that person is the same that packs the bats so he doesn't realize he did it. I'm surprised we don't make more mistakes than what we do.
      Brian Hillerich

Comment

• godwulf
        • Aug 2007

I have a 2001 Curt Schilling Diamondbacks bat, a Louisville Slugger, with no logos. I think it's the only post-2000 LS I have that's like that.
        Jeff
        godwulf1@cox.net

Comment

• metsbats
          • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BMH
          Need a picture of the bat. Jorge gets the TPX logo on the back of his bats. What usually happens is the TPX logo is the last operation in the Pro bat department. Sometimes the guys doing the branding forgets to put it on and that person is the same that packs the bats so he doesn't realize he did it. I'm surprised we don't make more mistakes than what we do.

BMH,
          Here's a photo of the bat. Appreciate any insight.
          Thanks
          David
          Attached Files
          metsbats86@aol.com

Always looking for 1973,1986,1988,1999,2000,2006 game used Mets post season and Bobby M. Jones and Ed Hearn NY Mets game used bats.

Comment

• BMH
            • Jul 2007

That's a Posada bat that didn't get the TPX logo on the back by accident. Very dark FT on the bat just the way he likes it.
            Brian Hillerich

Comment

• metsbats
              • Nov 2005

Thanks for the feedback BHM.

P320M is the model number. Does the "M" mean maple or something else?

David
              metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• metsbats
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by godwulf
                I have a 2001 Curt Schilling Diamondbacks bat, a Louisville Slugger, with no logos. I think it's the only post-2000 LS I have that's like that.

Thanks for the feedback godwulf!
                metsbats86@aol.com

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                  • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BMH
                  That's a Posada bat that didn't get the TPX logo on the back by accident. Very dark FT on the bat just the way he likes it.

BMH - you lost me on the "FT" comment - can you elaborate?

Jim

Comment

• brianborsch
                    • Dec 2005

I think it means Flame Tempering? Flame Treatment? Something to do with flames since that thing looks toasted!

Comment

• BMH
                      • Jul 2007

Yeah, the FT is Flame tempered. Posada likes his bats dark to the point of cooking them!

The M stands for modified. He wanted to change his model in the handle some more, but we have a lot of other players swinging the P320 now and he is the one who requested the number "320", so instead of a whole new model # I just tacked the M on. He likes it, makes him feel special.
                      Brian Hillerich

Comment

• Vintagedeputy
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BMH
                        Yeah, the FT is Flame tempered. Posada likes his bats dark to the point of cooking them!

The M stands for modified. He wanted to change his model in the handle some more, but we have a lot of other players swinging the P320 now and he is the one who requested the number "320", so instead of a whole new model # I just tacked the M on. He likes it, makes him feel special.

That brings up a question. If store model bats are usually marked "flame tempered" and player models are marked "powerized", what does the flame tempering do and why does Posada's flame tempered bat still say powerized?

Have I confused you with my question? I'm confused asking it!

Jim

Comment

• BMH
                          • Jul 2007

To simplify things...to many set up in the old days.

We don't offer a FT bat in store anymore and for some time when we did we had already stopped using the FT and put Powerized on the bats. As for Posada...it's the branding he's always received so why change it.
                          Brian Hillerich

Comment

Working...