PDA

View Full Version : Is American Memorabilia removing and replacing holograms?

kylehess10
11-15-2007, 10:34 PM
Not that it's a big deal or anything, but either this David Wright bat has 2 MLB holograms or AM moved it from the handle to the barrel in-between pictures.

http://americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=39495

Birdbats
11-15-2007, 10:53 PM
When a bat is broken in two pieces, MLB authentication reps typically will place stickers on both pieces (with different, consecutive numbers). I have a hunch the "substantial crack" noted in the description could be more than a "crack" -- it could be that the bat is (or was) in two pieces. You should call American Memorabilia and ask them. At the very least, ask for the MLB hologram numbers from both stickers and look them up. If one is for a barrel and the other is for a handle/knob, you'll have your answer.

metsbats
11-18-2007, 08:39 AM
Kyle,

I have received from Steiner:

- 2007 Carlos Beltran bat split into 2 with both holograms on the barrel piece
- 2007 David Wright bat split into 2 with 1 hologram on the barrel only no hologram on the knob
- 2007 David Wright Marucci which is split into two with 1 hologram on the handle piece knob and one hologram on the barrel piece.
- 2007 Jose Reyes split into 2 with 2 holograms on the barrel piece and no holograms on the handle knob piece.
-2007 Jorge Posada split into 2 with 2 holograms on the barrel piece only

There does not seem to be any consistent protocol if the bat is in two pieces on the bats i received.

David