PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Hunt Auctions?

Vintagedeputy
11-16-2007, 09:20 PM
I am considering consigning some things (non-game used) to Hunt Auctions....

I'd like to hear good and bad feedback.

Jim

Vintagedeputy
11-18-2007, 09:33 AM
anyone?

allstarsplus
11-18-2007, 10:51 AM
I have bid on items on their auctions but have never consigned to them. Their auction software is not real user friendly in my opinion. Very hard to track the progress of items.

What type of items do you plan on selling?

staindsox
11-18-2007, 11:04 AM
I would certainly consign with them before Mastro. I was VERY unhappy with Mastro and how they listed my item. I have never had aby problems with Hunt in the past.

It also depends on what you're selling. Hunt is a little more high end, but everyone looks at their auctions. I would suggest looking through their past auctions to see if they have sold similar items to what you are consigning and then considering how well these similar items sold. Just don't go to a place because of their name. Make sure they are the most appropriate venue for what you're trying to move.

Best of luck!

Chris

Vintagedeputy
11-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Andrew - I have some 1955 Dairy Queen Big League Stars statues. They are about the size of little plastic army men :)

I have about 10 that are intact and 4 that are broken. They are fairly hard to find and there seems to be some following for them. The Mantle alone sells in the $250 range.

Chris - thank you for the input. I know that someone sold some of these in the past but I dont recall which auction house had them. I remember that they did fairly well though.

Jim