PDA

View Full Version : Need Auction House Recommendation for Art

EndzoneSports
11-17-2007, 07:20 PM
While a bit off topic, I know that a good number of our forum members have collectible interests that span beyond the genre of game-used items. For those of you who fit this category, I am looking for a recommendation for an auction house where I might consider consigning an original sports painting.

The piece is a 2x3' pencil/acrylic/watercolor montage which was recently obtained as part of a package deal (2 paintings) directly from a noted sports artist. While we intend on keeping one of the two for our own personal collection, we would like to make the other available through an auction house with some experience in handling and marketing such items.

Does anyone have any experience in this sort of memorabilia that could possibly point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Best regards,

David
11-18-2007, 03:22 PM
Most of the big sports auction houses handle expensive sports art-- including paintings and limited edition prints. This includes Mastro, REA and Lelands. Any of these is competent at handling and promoting sports paintings.

David
11-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Lelands in particular has sold a good number of high end sports and non-sports paintings and prints, including original Andy Warhol paintings owned by Charlie Sheen, Salvidor Dali prints, paintings by boxer Mickey Walker, etc. Everything they've offered appeared expertly described.