PDA

View Full Version : 1989 Mark McGwire jersey

whatupyos
11-20-2007, 11:33 PM
In the upcoming Mastro auction is a 1989 Mark McGwire game used jersey

http://www.mastroauctions.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=77014&LastLotListing=Lot%20Search%20List&CurrentRow=1

Look at the tagging. Is it just me or is License spelled wrong?? Licensee? On the Rawlings tag Official Licesee? Also, does it look to anyone else that for as much wear and tear as the tagging shows, the numbers appear to show no piling or wash wear? They seem real crisp! Or are my eyes just bad? Any help is appreciated.

Aaron

TNTtoys
11-21-2007, 01:33 PM
In the upcoming Mastro auction is a 1989 Mark McGwire game used jersey

http://www.mastroauctions.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=77014&LastLotListing=Lot%20Search%20List&CurrentRow=1

Look at the tagging. Is it just me or is License spelled wrong?? Licensee? On the Rawlings tag Official Licesee? Also, does it look to anyone else that for as much wear and tear as the tagging shows, the numbers appear to show no piling or wash wear? They seem real crisp! Or are my eyes just bad? Any help is appreciated.

Aaron

Aaron,

"Licensee" is correct, as in Rawlings being an official licensee of MLB.

As for the jersey... the tags do show a bit of wash wear. The back numbers appear brand new. I think I can make out some puckering on the front "tail" under the OAK in the script logo. The rest of the front is not very apparent because the photos are all at a distance. It's also my experience that photos this small will not show any pilling, fraying, puckering (unless it is excessive). If I were you, I would write to Mastro and request better photos and some close-ups. They shouldn't have a problem with this type of request.

Nick

whatupyos
11-21-2007, 02:32 PM
Nick,

Thanks for the reply. What you said made sense with regards to the Official Licensee...I saw an old Cecil Fielder jersey after I made the post and saw the same thing and thought..oops, maybe I misunderstood the meaning, which now makes sense. I'll try and get in touch with Mastro. It's a cool jersey, but the size makes me wonder. I saw a 1991 jersey on Grey Flannel a while back that was a size 50. From what I remember learning Mac wore size 46 in 1986 when he was called up to the A's but in 87 he was wearing 48's and then from my understanding he was up and down from 48-50 in the 90's. Until maybe 1997 when he was 52. Also, the 1"extra length makes me wonder becasue I know Mac wore 2"extra length but have never seen a 1"extra length. Not to say he never wore 1"extra, I just haven't seen it.

Aaron