PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl 40 - So Boring!

sammy
02-06-2006, 10:18 AM
In my humble opinion, I thought the game last night was one of the most boring Superbowls I have seen in years.

Add the very lackluster commercials, and it was a wasted 4 hours.

ahuff
02-06-2006, 02:25 PM
Agreed!!!

I did enjoy the opening commercial for the Superbowl, where they had Harrison Ford, Franco Harris, Roger Staubach, and everyone else reading a Dr. Seuss style poem.

I knew it was bad, when still in the first quarter, my wife walked in and said "I thought you were watching the game". It was then I realized that I was no longer flipping between the Superbowl and Antiques Roadshow, but had now settled on the Roadshow. How sad is that!!!

I can't say I was impressed. Even the half time show, I kept waiting for Mick to break a hip, or something.

bigtime59
02-06-2006, 08:16 PM
Couple of brilliant moments, but otherwise, the not so entertaining spectacle of two teams trying very, very hard...not to lose!
During the Stones set, my wife shouted downstairs "they sound awful!" She was right. They played those three songs on muscle memory. I'll bet they couldn't hear a thing! I wish they'd stuff the halftime "entertainment" and shorten the broadcast.

BaseballGM
02-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Where are the wardrobe malfunctions when you need them???:eek:

trsent
02-07-2006, 12:34 AM
I would discuss the game in details, but other users of this great forum seem to feel that this is not a place to discuss sports wagering, so therefor it also shouldn't be a place to discuss sporting events.

I have some strong opinions about the game, email me if you wish to chat.

We should only discuss game used memorabilia and vintage memorabilia, or some people will get offended.