PDA

View Full Version : authentic majectic yankee jersey

joelsabi
11-22-2007, 05:24 PM
hello

can anyone tell me how you can tell if a jersey is made for retail (general public) or for the player? I heard certain sizes are retail. Are there certain sizes that are made for retail?

bigjimsguitars
11-22-2007, 08:01 PM
I don't think sizes in the odd numbers would be retail, i.e. size 45, 47, etc. Also, the Yankee's don't have the R on the Sleeve if it's a Rawlings made Jersey and I believe the same is true for the Majestic's (no M Emblem on the sleeve).

Also, the Team issued will have the 0062 Wash Tag coding if it's Majestic made.

I hope this helps.

Jim

TNTtoys
11-22-2007, 08:33 PM
I don't think sizes in the odd numbers would be retail, i.e. size 45, 47, etc. Also, the Yankee's don't have the R on the Sleeve if it's a Rawlings made Jersey and I believe the same is true for the Majestic's (no M Emblem on the sleeve).

Also, the Team issued will have the 0062 Wash Tag coding if it's Majestic made.

I hope this helps.

Jim

Close...

The "R" on the sleeve is for Russell and is found on retail jerseys up until Majestic began making the jerseys for the team. I believe Majestic took over in 2003.

All retail "replica" jerseys are in sizes such as S/M/L/XL. All retail authentics come in sizes such as 40,44,48,52, etc. (basically the numeric versions of S, M, L, etc. Team issued jerseys are also numbered sizes but you will also see "in between" sizes such as 42, 46, 50, etc. They are also cut differently (run smaller than retail authentics which are sold to be worn "baggy").

I won't go into the Majestic wash codes... it is in quite a few threads here already.

bigjimsguitars
11-22-2007, 08:48 PM
Close...

The "R" on the sleeve is for Russell and is found on retail jerseys up until Majestic began making the jerseys for the team. I believe Majestic took over in 2003.

All retail "replica" jerseys are in sizes such as S/M/L/XL. All retail authentics come in sizes such as 40,44,48,52, etc. (basically the numeric versions of S, M, L, etc. Team issued jerseys are also numbered sizes but you will also see "in between" sizes such as 42, 46, 50, etc. They are also cut differently (run smaller than retail authentics which are sold to be worn "baggy").

I won't go into the Majestic wash codes... it is in quite a few threads here already.

My err, your right....the point I was making is that team issued Yankee Jersey's don't have the maker's emblem on the sleeves!!!

Yes there are a lot of threads on the wash tag....I was being very generic in my response. I think the point you are making is that the pro wash tag "0062" isn't a guarantee of it being a true Team Issued Jersey as some with the tag can show up as retail and then there are those who make their own tag and sew them in on top of the seam as opposed to under the seam.

But if you see a Yankee's Jersey without a Sleeve Emblem (and no signs of it being removed) and a 0062 Wash Tag (sewn into the seam), chances are pretty good that it's not a made for retail jersey.

joelsabi
11-23-2007, 06:10 PM
so this jersey below is made for retail since it has the logo on sleave near the band right?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e124/65Koufax/RodriguezEbaypics005.jpg

bigjimsguitars
11-23-2007, 08:59 PM
Yes...the only exception would be that they needed a jersey asap and put into play a retail jersey which does happen time to time....but on something like that you would want steadfast provenance to back it up.

Jim