PDA

View Full Version : I think I have Tom Glavine's 300th Win game bat! Please help!

jshortt
11-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Hey Guys,

On the last Mets bat blow out from Steiner, I purchased a Tom Glavine gamer. I've always known him to be a Louisville Slugger guy, so when a D-Bat showed up, I was a little dismayed. I started doing some photo research and found a strikingly similar bat that Tom used in his 300th win at Wrigley. I asked Bob if he knew, he said it was entirely possible, and upon checking with the clubhouse, nobody could confirm or deny it, since they don't keep great records of stuff on the road. This is the only other place I could turn. I'm posting a few quick snaps of my bat, and a few pics I found from Getty of Glavine using a D-Bat at Wrigley.

Please let me know what you guys think, and if any photo-matching experts have anything to say, please let me know. There are 2 knicks on the cupped part of the barrell that look exact to me.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

jshortt
11-27-2007, 08:11 PM
Oh, and P.S., it would appear that this bat made it back to Shea and was used in a few more games.

-Josh

thome25.com
11-28-2007, 12:18 AM
I was amazed how similar the bats looked until I noticed the one being used by Glavin did not have that little silver sticker on the barrel..:D

jshortt
11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Ahhhh, hahahaha! Thanks, I needed that. Alright, if anybody else has any info, please feel free to chime in. I realize I'll probably have to take some more pics, so if anybody needs them, let me know.

Thanks,
Josh

atggirl77
10-12-2008, 04:38 PM
Do you still have the bat? Want to sell it?