PDA

View Full Version : Moving question

OaklandAsFan
11-28-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey guys I am finally moving out of this little aparment into a nice house (yay I can finally get my stuff displayed the way I want!!!) Question is how many of you have had to move your collections? What is the best way to move approximately 100 bats none of which are in holders and most of which are autographed. To make matters worse its supposed to rain on Friday and Saturday this week in Arizona grrrrr.
I have moved before with the bats but the way I moved em last time was really inefficient and the autographs got smudged on a few of the bats. I have one of those traveling bat bags i got at an auction from the A's a few years back and have put several of my good gamers with socks around them in there to protect them but I still have about 80 or so that are justing hangin out loosely any help would be appreciated thanks.

Jags Fan Dan
11-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I never moved a lot of bats, but I did move a lot of 1/18 scale die cast cars. What I did was take a nice, soft, thick blanket and lay it down completely spread out on the floor. I started at a corner and wrapped one car, rolled it a little further, then put another car, etc. This may work for bats, too. When you have used up all of the blanket, I would try to tie it all into a nice little bundle. Then, don't let that blanket(s) out of your sight, and do not put them with other stuff. You will have to move those yourself inside your own vehicle. Trust me, do not put them with other stuff or let movers handle them. Nothing good can come of that.

Jags Fan Dan
11-28-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh, and congrats on the house purchase! Very good move!

OaklandAsFan
11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
thanks for the advice I may just try that. Unfortunately this isn't a purchase its another rental but it is WAY nicer than the apartmet (yay no more schlepping groceries up 3 flights of stairs) I just recently started back at school and now isn't the right time financially and with the housing market the way it is in Arizona right now its just not the right time to be buying a house.
Your other advice is also great I wasn't planning on letting the movers touch any of my memorabilia stuff that was all getting loaded into my car the and moved over to the new place and put out of sight the night before so no prying eyes will see any of it.

Birdbats
11-28-2007, 05:49 PM
You can try using some clear plastic wrap from the kitchen and wrap around the bats/autographs. Or, just wrap a piece of paper around the bat/autograph tightly and tape it. Anything you can used to cover the autographs is better than nothing.