PDA

View Full Version : 2007 YANKEES JERSEYS WITHOUT STEINER LOA's

hblakewolf
11-29-2007, 02:29 PM
It's simply amazing how many shirts seem to eascape out the back doors of Yankee Stadium BEFORE Steiner has an opportunity to add their hologram and LOA.

It's my understanding that Steiner Sports has the exclusive partnership with the Yankees, and as such, one would expect to see 2007 gamers with such certification. Based on this, can someone at Steiner (Bob Moldinado) or knowledge of this parthership explain how we continue to see such shirts as the following available without the Steiner hologram on the tag and LOA?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Robinson-Cano-2007-Game-Worn-Jersey-New-York-Yankees_W0QQitemZ200178242271QQihZ010QQcategoryZ24 904QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mariano-Rivera-2007-Game-Worn-Jersey-New-York-Yankees_W0QQitemZ200178243151QQihZ010QQcategoryZ60 597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I can understand older Yankees shirts being available without this (those before the Steiner agreement was finalizied), however, how do shirts from last season escape Steiner?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

bigjimsguitars
11-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Howard:

I would hazzard to guess that they are retail jerseys as they have the Majestic logo's on the sleeve and per contractual obligations, the Yankee's Jersey's don't have Sleeve Emblems!

The seller also cleverly doesn't show the wash tags to see if they are pro coded....

kingjammy24
11-29-2007, 03:28 PM
here are 2 photos of cano in 2007 spring training. note the majestic emblem visible on the left sleeve.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3298/yanknr5.jpg

that said, i wouldn't touch a 2007 non-steiner yankee jersey unless the player himself was handing it to me.

rudy.

bigjimsguitars
11-29-2007, 03:52 PM
here are 2 photos of cano in 2007 spring training. note the majestic emblem visible on the left sleeve.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/3298/yanknr5.jpg

that said, i wouldn't touch a 2007 non-steiner yankee jersey unless the player himself was handing it to me.

rudy.

Rudy,

You certainly know your stuff!!!! But I agree that it is a risky proposition to buy without a Steiner LOA/Sticker.

I would still like to see the Wash Tag on the ebay ones....

bigtruck260
11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Why did I think Zane was upstanding? This post makes me think differently...:confused:

b.heagy
11-29-2007, 04:53 PM
send Zane an email. give him the opportunity to shed some light on the subject.

hblakewolf
11-29-2007, 05:21 PM
send Zane an email. give him the opportunity to shed some light on the subject.

Bill-

I have purchased many bats from Zane, and all have been great. He's allowed me to add some great Phillies bats to my collection.

Likewise, when I've contacted him with questions about his items, he has always answered my emails. Per Forum rules, I sent him an email yesterday on this, and am awaiting his response.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

b.heagy
11-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Howard,
I agree, Zane offers some great items. He has been very helpful with me in the past answering questions that he saw posted here. Keep us posted.

hblakewolf
11-29-2007, 11:04 PM
Received a response from Zane. He tried to email shortly after I asked him my question, however, it did not reach my correct email account.

Zane notes, "Howard-Thanks for your interest-I have a contact that works in the Yankee Spring Training Locker Room-That's Where the jersey came from-There is no Steiner anything-That's why it's priced reasonably.
FYI-They both have wash tags 0068 - 1020R2 and 1219R3-zb

-Please advise-Thanks-Zane"

I'm in no way commenting about the authenticity of the jerseys, rather, seking an answer as to how 2007 Yankees jerseys become available without Steiner certs and their holograms when it's my understanding that Steiner has an exclusive arrangement with the Yankees. If someone from Steiner or the Yankees can provide insight, it's greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Howard wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net