PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal?

Canseco44
11-30-2007, 08:33 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250191372439&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015

Is this a normal price for a pair of game used sweatbands? From what I can tell the only COA is from the seller. Has anyone seen something like this go this high from Varitek. I am not questioning their game use, I am sure they are, but this just seems high for what they are.

Todd

suave1477
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Well I can't say why they would go that high other than maybe there more rare then a bat or Jersey.

But what I would like to add and im not questioning them being used, but in a way I am.

It says in the description ( Shows Great Use )
1) No they don't
2) With (great use from sweat) would turn the # and swoosh a dingy color and even if it was washed and scrubed it still would not be perfect white and for you were to try to get it close to perfect white you would have to scrub, that would show on the # and swoosh with wear and a loose thread here or there. Meanwhile the # and swoosh look brand new, tight thread and bright white.

Canseco44
11-30-2007, 11:45 AM
I see what you are saying. I had a pair of Canseco gamers and they were dirty. I see no way of telling if these are game used. This is another reason I can't understand why they are so high. If there was a photo of Jason with them I can see a small jump in price, but this is crazy. Last I looked, the seller had a pair of Varitek game used batting gloves with tons of use that were at a lower price than these. I guess it's in the eye of the bidder.

Todd

mvandor
11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Price is being pushed by a zero feedback bidder, could easily be someone just messing up the auction.

bigtruck260
11-30-2007, 02:25 PM
I'll say this - I want a pair of wristbands from one of the guys I collect - they would just look great in a display with some batting gloves...and if I ever saw them on the market, I might do some bidding to get them.

BoSox fans are nutty that way - winning a world series after 84 years (and 2 in 4 years) is pretty cool. If I was a Sox fan, I might be interested...used or not. They could make a bad a** display...

OR it could be a newbier who has no idea that wrist bands are not worth $600...

Or someone who really wants them is being outbid by a buddy of the seller's... (just a scenario, not accusing).

Dave