PDA

View Full Version : Something Different - Check it Out...

bigtruck260
11-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I just purchased some jerseys from the Independent (Frontier) league team that plays literally 5 blocks from my house. They are the River City Rascals of O'Fallon, MO. The PEPSI jersey is from the Frontier League All-Star Game...the visting team had Mountain Dew.

The Alternate vest jersey is way cool. For the price, and the look of these jerseys, I made them part of my hometown collection. If you have a Frontier league team, go watch them play. It's not the Majors, but the kids enjoy playing ball, and tix are only $5....beers are a buck.

Check these out...

Dave

bigtruck260
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM
One more - obviously sponsorship is limited.:D

RKGIBSON
11-30-2007, 11:07 PM
Check out my Show Me Believer jerseys. I hired Don Brown as a football trainer for my son when he was in high school. He coached running backs at SEMO University in Cape Girardeau, MO where I live. He is a great guy and was glad to get his jersey. He played wide receiver for the Believers in 03 & 04

Scott Pingle broke all of Jerry Rice's NCAA career receiving records: 436 receptions, 6108 receiving yards & 75 touchdown catches. He was All American in 97,98 & 99. He was also NCAA Division III National Football Player of the Year in 1999.

Roger

bigtruck260
12-01-2007, 12:28 AM
Very cool - something about watching local professional baseball in my neighborhood makes me think of how baseball probably used to be before it was diluted with talented, but greedy players who only give 80% and collect a paycheck while injured....

These guys make no money, stay with host families - and have second jobs to make ends meet. The ballpark is really great too.

Dave

bigtime59
12-01-2007, 08:33 AM
I just purchased some jerseys from the Independent (Frontier) league team that plays literally 5 blocks from my house. They are the River City Rascals of O'Fallon, MO. The PEPSI jersey is from the Frontier League All-Star Game...the visting team had Mountain Dew.

The Alternate vest jersey is way cool. For the price, and the look of these jerseys, I made them part of my hometown collection. If you have a Frontier league team, go watch them play. It's not the Majors, but the kids enjoy playing ball, and tix are only $5....beers are a buck.

Check these out...

Dave

Dave:
Is the vest game worn? I've been trying to get one of those for years, and the club always says they're sold out! Do they have anything else available?
Thanks,
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

bigtruck260
12-01-2007, 02:51 PM
Dave:
Is the vest game worn? I've been trying to get one of those for years, and the club always says they're sold out! Do they have anything else available?
Thanks,
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

Yes - the vest is game worn...#12. The Pepsi jersey is probably a coach's jersey, it lacks a number but has use.

The thing about the Rascals is, you have to go to the stadium at the right time. They always have team signed GU bats for $20 and occasionally a jersey. I bought these from an employee I know who sell on the bay. he lives close to me and is a good contact. The vest is probably one of the coolest jerseys they ever had...sans the first few years when they had pinstripes.

Dave

DonTheLegend
12-01-2007, 07:11 PM

Check these out...

Dave

very nice pick ups.

we live very, very, very close to each other.

i could walk to your house.

bigtruck260
12-01-2007, 10:27 PM
That's cool Don - we both collect Cards stuff too...anytime you feel like dropping by, I have a cold one waiting for you. Love your Lankford collection by the way.

bigtime59
12-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Yes - the vest is game worn...#12. The Pepsi jersey is probably a coach's jersey, it lacks a number but has use.

The thing about the Rascals is, you have to go to the stadium at the right time. They always have team signed GU bats for $20 and occasionally a jersey. I bought these from an employee I know who sell on the bay. he lives close to me and is a good contact. The vest is probably one of the coolest jerseys they ever had...sans the first few years when they had pinstripes.

Dave

Dave:
If you could keep your eyes open for me, I'd love to have one of those vests, also wouldn't mind stuff from the blue and orange period.
Thanks,
Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

jtnatalierica
12-04-2007, 03:43 AM
Hi, looking thru this post, I was a coach in the Frontier League for 4 seasons, in Ohio Valley(W. Va), Kalamazoo(Mich), and Mid-Missouri(Colum. Mizzou.). I've been in many Indy Lgs. for the past 13 years. I'm currently in the Northern Lge in Schaumburg, Ill. I have some old jerseys or b.p. tops that I'd be willing to trade or sell from various teams. Teams I've been a manager/hitting coach/pitching coach are: Mason City Bats(Iowa), Kalamazoo Kodiaks(Kalam. MI.), Ohio Valley Red Coats(Parkersburgh, W. Va.) Steve Swisher-Nick is son- was my G.M. there, Albany Alligators(Albany, Ga.), San Angelo Colts(San Angelo, Tx.), Mid-Missouri Mavericks(Columbia, MO), Sioux Falls Canaries(Sioux Falls, S.D.), and currently the Schaumburg Flyers(Schaumburg, Ill). If you collect Indy things, drop me a note and I'll see if I can get hold of things from former people. I get a lot of good info from this site and I'll continue to access it.

PK
12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I would love one of the Mountain Dew jerseys, any leads on one of those?

Matt