PDA

View Full Version : Braves issuing game used LOA's for game issued jerseys??

kylehess10
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
This doesn't seem right:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2007-BRAVES-BOBBY-DEWS-GAME-ISSUED-JERSEY-SIZE-50-W-COA_W0QQitemZ370001807040QQihZ024QQcategoryZ60597Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why would the Braves issue an LOA stating that the jersey is game used when it's game issued? I wish they used the MLB holograms again this year, but apparently they've switched back to using the useless LOA's that don't state anything about the item itself.

bigtruck260
12-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Well Kyle, at least the seller is honest enough to list it correctly...

Dave

whatupyos
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Kyle,

I'm pretty sure the Braves have some gamers on MLB.com that are authenticated. Before their current auction on MLB.com they had a Chipper and Smoltz and McCann 2007. I wanted to bid on the Chipper but what kept me from doing so was not knowing if they authenticated them all as issued like they did last year or not.

Aaron

ham1963
12-02-2007, 10:47 PM
I picked up a Wickman Red Alt., Pete Orr home and a Corkry Miller Home. Only the Orr has the MLB Hologram and I have COA's for the Miller and the Orr. One thing different abot the COA's is that they have the players name on them. I plan on selling the Orr and Miller later this week.
John :)

hiramman
12-03-2007, 10:51 PM
Kyle,

What the seller isn't showing is that on the back of the COA is a printed description of the exact item the letter goes with. All of the game-used items state the year, game-used or game-issued description, player, type of jersey (ex home, road, alternate, bp). This is all printed on the back of the COA. It looks like the Braves are just using their standard COA and printing the description on the back, rather than on the front of the existing COA's. I guess they've got to save every penny they can to pay that $8 million contract to Glavine.

Jimmie

kylehess10
12-04-2007, 12:16 AM
Kyle,

What the seller isn't showing is that on the back of the COA is a printed description of the exact item the letter goes with. All of the game-used items state the year, game-used or game-issued description, player, type of jersey (ex home, road, alternate, bp). This is all printed on the back of the COA. It looks like the Braves are just using their standard COA and printing the description on the back, rather than on the front of the existing COA's. I guess they've got to save every penny they can to pay that $8 million contract to Glavine.

Jimmie

Thank god! I'm glad to hear that since the last time the Braves issued these COA's (without anything printed on the back), there were a lot of fakes poping up since you could add the old LOA's to any item and say it came direct from the Braves

ham1963
12-04-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by hiramman http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=62516#post62516)

Jimmie

Jimmie, I just looked at the COA's that I got with the Wickman and Miller jerseys and there is nothing printed on the back of the COA all of the information is on the front. I p/u these jerseys from the Brave and got the COA's at the same time.

John:)

hiramman
12-06-2007, 08:09 PM
John,

I don't know. I ordered one of the Bob Wickman BP jerseys directly from the team and had it mailed to me. It's COA is the standard-issue Braves COA like you can currently see on ebay on all the 2007 jerseys being sold, but on the back it has the description printed in black. I assumed they did that on all of the items, since it is that way on mine. I guess that would be a good question to ask about.

Jimmie