PDA

View Full Version : MLB Turn Ahead the Clock jerseys

edensker
12-03-2007, 12:18 PM
I am interested in buying a Turn Ahead the Clock jersey that I have found, but I am unsure whether it is the real thing. First, did MLB sell replica TATC jerseys? I'm assuming that they did, but don't recall reading about them doing so in the past.

Assuming that replicas were sold, is there any tagging on the real things that would permit me to differentiate them from the replicas?

TNTtoys
12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I am interested in buying a Turn Ahead the Clock jersey that I have found, but I am unsure whether it is the real thing. First, did MLB sell replica TATC jerseys? I'm assuming that they did, but don't recall reading about them doing so in the past.

Assuming that replicas were sold, is there any tagging on the real things that would permit me to differentiate them from the replicas?
Hi,

Yes, MLB did release replica authentic TATC jerseys. I have about 3 in my own personal collection. I also own a game worn TATC jersey. To be perfectly honest, there is not much to differentiate these. All were made by Russell athletic; all have similar tagging. I think that the sizing is consistent on all of them too (the replica authentic jerseys have similar numeric sizes to the team issues, as opposed to the S/M/L).
I can (if you like) take a close look at all 4 of my jerseys and see if there is ANYTHING that can be used to differentiate them from one another. In the absence of any differentiating characteristics, I would look for:
1. Is the jersey in question signed? I have come across quite a few of these that were signed by the player after the game before being sold by the team/MLB.
2. Is the jersey in question authenticated by MLB & registered with the MLB database?
3. Does the jersey in question come with any other provenance (other than an authenticator's opinion)?
Please feel free to email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Regards,
Nick

edensker
12-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Nick, I have sent you an e-mail. Thanks.

Robert

TNTtoys
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Robert,

I will respond to the email this evening. I'd be able to check the jerseys at home for you then too.

Nick