PDA

View Full Version : Pujols Gamers

cardinalbats
02-08-2006, 01:58 AM
I am still looking for Pujols gamers. ANything game used by him really. I really would like Pujols bat. I accept other players bats that were used by him.
Even if you aren't interested in selling I would like to see pictures of other peoples collections.

Thanks!
Andrew
cardinalbats@yahoo.com

BULBUS
02-08-2006, 09:49 AM
Did you see this one on Ebay? JT is selling it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Albert-Pujols-Game-Used-Bat_W0QQitemZ8760181037QQcategoryZ60596QQssPageNam eZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Birdbats
02-08-2006, 09:59 AM
For anyone who may be considering that Rawlings Pujols bat on eBay, remember that Albert used a natural Rawlings during just 5 of 700 plate appearances in 2005. Remember that Albert typically does not use heavy coats of pine tar. And remember that Albert gives away lots of bats. Here's an example, from the 7/23/05 St. Louis Post-Dispatch: "Cubs third baseman Aramis Ramirez has been using an Albert Pujols-branded bat for batting practice recently. He received the Rawlings bat from Pujols at the All-Star Game, and Ramirez was so fond of it, he said last week at Wrigley Field, that he planned to order his own bundle of the style."

Jeff
http://www.birdbats.com

Yankwood
02-08-2006, 03:25 PM
Wound up going off at $800 plus. Wasted money or a real bargain?

eGameUsed
02-08-2006, 03:57 PM
I bid to a point ($830) because I was looking for the particular style and it did have his #5 on it. Based on his characteristics, I don't think he used it.

Thanks,

Chris

suave1477
02-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I think it was well worth it. Its a rare Pujols bat so that right there peaks an interest and if its game used even better. Even if its not game used by pujols and just game issued and another player used it i still think that makes it pretty valuable becuse its almost like your getting to players 2 players out of one.

Imagine having a Mickey Mantle game issued bat and it was used by Roger Maris I would think that would be really cool.

Birdbats
02-08-2006, 05:01 PM
Given what his legit gamers sell for, it's about what I expected... maybe a little less. Even if he didn't use it, it's true there is some value simply because his name is on it. Personally, though, I think $840 is a lot to spend on a Rawlings Pujols bat. It might be rare, but to me, "rare" doesn't necessarily mean "valuable." It just means there's a greater likelihood that he didn't use it... and being used by Pujols is where the real value is, in my eyes.

Jeff

suave1477
02-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Dear Birdbats, I understand what your saying but lets put it like this, unless you have proof that it was used by someone else and the bat has game use on it as far as i am concerned it was used by albert pujols and neither mears or grey flannel or anyone else can say different. How you like those apples lol lol

geoff
02-08-2006, 05:26 PM
Great thoughts on the Pujols bat.I was watching to see the final price of the bat.Good deal compared to others selling right now.Thanks Geoff

cardinalbats
02-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you had any bats used by pujols or like the one that sold on ebay that has his name on it but wasn't used by him. Also I would take a bat with somone else's name on it but used by him. let me know.

Andrew

Yankwood
02-08-2006, 06:03 PM
Hey all,

I was wondering if any of you had any bats used by pujols or like the one that sold on ebay that has his name on it but wasn't used by him. Also I would take a bat with somone else's name on it but used by him. let me know.

AndrewDid you say you would take a bath with someone else?:D

Birdbats
02-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Unless you have proof that it was used by someone else and the bat has game use on it as far as i am concerned it was used by albert pujols and neither mears or grey flannel or anyone else can say different. How you like those apples lol lol
So you're saying as far as you're concerned, without absolute proof to the contrary, all Pujols bats showing use must have been used by Pujols? If that's the case, I think you're missing the whole point of this forum. There is much more to consider than just the name branded on the bat.

Many of us post here in an effort to share information that might help collectors from getting ripped off. If you don't want to accept that free advice, that's your choice.

Jeff

suave1477
02-08-2006, 09:41 PM
Dear Bird bats no your missing my point i understand what to look for when collecting game used items my point of saying if you know for sure in some way it is his authentic game issued bat and you some how know for a fact it was used in a real major league game, but you don't know for sure if he used it or he lent it to one of his teamates to use it there is no real way you can dispute and say it was used by someone else

Birdbats
02-08-2006, 11:03 PM
I never said the bat was definitely used by someone else. I simply posted three facts -- that Albert used that type of bat only 5 times in 2005; that the pine tar pattern is not consistent with Albert's bats; and that Albert gives away many bats.

With this particular bat, the only absolute fact is that it's a Pujols model from 2005. There is no way to know whether it was used in a major league game, a minor league game, a little league game or batting practice. There's no way of knowing whether it was used by Albert, Adam Dunn or Albert's neighbor's teenage son.

If you believe that the odds of Albert using it in a game are as good as any other explanation... that's your opinion.

I see a model that Albert used 0.7% of the time in 2005 that has more pine tar than is typical for his bats.

I'm just sharing information. How you interpret it and use it is up to you.

Jeff

RobSteinmetz
02-08-2006, 11:14 PM
On a side note (related to this thread), for those who haven't taken the time to visit www.birdbats.com (http://www.birdbats.com), please check it out. Jeff Scott has some amazing information to share on this site, and it's truly the #1 resource in the world in terms of St. Louis Cardinals and/or Albert Pujols game used bats. Last year, Jeff tracked which bats Albert used in EVERY regular season and playoff at-bat. This is a TREMENDOUS resource that is unavailable for any other star player. Jeff's site represents his commitment to educating collectors, and I am extremely thankful to him for supplying the hobby with this free resource. Although it's a labor of love for Jeff, it's a major undertaking and we all appreciate the efforts. Keep up the great work!

BULBUS
02-10-2006, 04:11 PM
JT Bats just got a new one in:

https://www.digitalfm.com/gameusedbats/itemDetail.cfm?sku=2815

cardinalbats
02-13-2006, 12:18 AM
Hey all. I am still looking for a reasonable PUjols game bat. I want any kind of bat of his wither used by him or another player. it could have another players name on it too.

Thanks!
Andrew
cardinalbats@yahoo.com