PDA

View Full Version : Lankford Bat - Heritage

bigtruck260
12-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Guys,

There is a Ray Lankford RAW bat listed in the Heritage auciton currently. I know that this is the same bat that was sold several auctions ago by Heritage. I have never purchased from them before, but what is the chance that the consigner is the person who won the bat previously?

Has this happened with any other items?

Thanks,

Dave

DonTheLegend
12-05-2007, 10:05 PM
i am watching this auction and was wondering the same thing.

it has the same description and shows the same photo.

i'd like to have it as i dont have one of these models but im a little apprehensive.

ive never dealt with HA.

camarokids
12-05-2007, 10:12 PM
I used to collect US Coins and Paper Money before I started collecting game used again ..... I bought several coins from Heritage with no problems .........

bigtruck260
12-06-2007, 01:23 PM
i am watching this auction and was wondering the same thing.

it has the same description and shows the same photo.

i'd like to have it as i dont have one of these models but im a little apprehensive.

ive never dealt with HA.

Don - I am not going to bid on it - but it is an interesting bat. Kind of funny - last time I saw it, I thought you ended up winning it.

If you do bid, or ask questions, please , keep me posted. You can call me if you want - email me anytime for the #.

bigtruck260@centurytel.net

Dave

DonTheLegend
12-13-2007, 05:40 PM
this has been an incredibly frustrating couple of weeks as far as my collecting is concerned.

first off, i missed out on an auction (Lankford bat) because i decided to take the advice of a couple of folks from this board and wait until "the last minute" to bid because bidding early is stupid and so on and so on.because of that, i will continue to be the "dumbass" that bids early, thanks.

well, i was tied up with a client at the last moment and lost out on that deal. a whopping $39.01 winning bid.

second, Heritage Auctions has another Lankford bat (the one mentioned in this thread) .

i am confused as to why Heritage has this item listed in their auction as well as on EBay. the HA site has the bat at $65 however the same bat is listed under Heritage for a starting bid of $100??

if someone could fill me in id certainly appreciate it.

what a sucky deal because these bats do not come up very often and i really dont want TWO of them to blow past me because of dumb mistakes.

thanks in advance.

-Donny

bigtruck260
12-13-2007, 06:28 PM
What's up Don.

I noticed both auctions this week. If I were interested in that bat, I would have put a $60-75 bid on it immediatedly and if I won I would have walked it over to your house and sold it to you at cost if you wanted it.:D

That Heritage bat is just nutty. It is the second time HA has listed the same bat in consecutive auctions - and I have a feeling that something odd is happening there. The $100 list price on eBay is simply too high of a starting bid. Lankford is one of the guys I look for too - and I wouldn't pay $100 for it. Has a major crack, and does not show the knob (which HA describes as having a series of numbers on)...are the numbers weight/length or a series of player numbers?

Email me Don, please.
bigtruck260@centurytel.net

Dave

DonTheLegend
12-15-2007, 05:23 PM
bat is now @ $1.00 (on EBAY)

very confusing.

DonTheLegend
12-15-2007, 05:40 PM
i put a final bid and was still outbid. (yes, im bitter about it)

its at $70 now and along with the buyers premium and shipping it will put it at well over $90 (assuming it holds at $70).

i have a feeling we'll be seeing this bat again.

unless its just some random person who has no clue about GU items and is buying it as a gift.

EBay's realized prices have been no where near that over the past year or two.

i personally have 14 Lankford bats and have paid $100 or more only twice.

...i could be wrong ,however, and maybe the market is growing for his items.

bigtruck260
12-15-2007, 08:25 PM
i put a final bid and was still outbid. (yes, im bitter about it)

its at $70 now and along with the buyers premium and shipping it will put it at well over $90 (assuming it holds at $70).

i have a feeling we'll be seeing this bat again.

unless its just some random person who has no clue about GU items and is buying it as a gift.

EBay's realized prices have been no where near that over the past year or two.

i personally have 14 Lankford bats and have paid $100 or more only twice.

...i could be wrong ,however, and maybe the market is growing for his items.

I have owned 10-12 at one point or another (I'd bet you have at least one that was in my collection)...and the average price was around $75. Two of them came from Left Field Collectibles (a little pricey, but legit nonetheless) and a couple were in just superb condition...If I sell any of them, I will go $75 - seems to be par.

That bat in Heritage's auction was something I might have paid $100 for at some point or another...Don, you probably have the best Lankford collection out there - and you don't have that model. The only reason I didn't bid was the fact that my questions about the knob numbers were never answered. Otherwise, we would be having a cold one and chatting about it right now.

Enjoying the snow?

Dave

DonTheLegend
12-15-2007, 11:09 PM
no, the snow sucks.

ive already shoveled once and now (10pm) im going to shovel again and fire down some salt.

my wife works at Kohls in Wentzville and i have to pick her up at 12:30.

sucks.

on an auction note, i too would be willing to pay a bit more for this particular bat since its one that i havent seen often and i currently dont own one, but this whole deal seems a bit wierd from the begining.

to me, its a good thing / bad thing that Ray used nearly every bat make and model know to exist.

seriously, the man used alot of different models.

Louisville
Rawlings
Mizzuno
Nike
SAM
Young Co.
X bat

i would LOVE to have a Nike. then again i would love to have at least one of every make and model he used.

am i missing some?

bigtruck260
12-16-2007, 01:34 PM
no, the snow sucks.

ive already shoveled once and now (10pm) im going to shovel again and fire down some salt.

my wife works at Kohls in Wentzville and i have to pick her up at 12:30.

sucks.

on an auction note, i too would be willing to pay a bit more for this particular bat since its one that i havent seen often and i currently dont own one, but this whole deal seems a bit wierd from the begining.

to me, its a good thing / bad thing that Ray used nearly every bat make and model know to exist.

seriously, the man used alot of different models.

Louisville
Rawlings
Mizzuno
Nike
SAM
Young Co.
X bat

i would LOVE to have a Nike. then again i would love to have at least one of every make and model he used.

am i missing some?

If I ONLY collectd Ray, I would have to have a NIKE bat - I have only seen 2 - and both went for more than $250.

The Young "Boom Boom" bat is another one. I almost bought one 6-7 years about from the Cards visiting clubhouse attendant (Went to grade school with him), but he wanted $120 for it, and at the time, I wasn;t really into GU - only autographs. It wasn't signed, so I let him have it.

Called him last year to see if he still had it - and he told me he sold it...to Brian Jordan. Good luck finding that one!

Dave