PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Tagging Question/Help

Chris78
12-06-2007, 02:07 PM
Hi, I have a question regarding tagging on minor league jerseys. I just bought a jersey that I believe to be a Reading Phillies (Game Worn?) jersey of Scott Rolen. The tagging on the front on the bottom right has a tag that says "Pro Look Pro Quality AIS Pro Worn" and then where the size is it says "Custom Manufactured For Athletes Who Demand Exceptional Quality And Durability 44 Machine Wash Separately By Color, In Lukewarm Water. Do Not Use Bleach. Use Mild Soap. Tumble Dry Low Do Not Dry Clean Or Iron". I am pretty sure that I have seen other minor league jerseys that have the AIS tagging on it.

Where the Phillies logo is on the front it does have the Velcro to keep it shut. The name on the back and the number look to be properly sewn on; although the last name is directly sewn on with no nameplate (the 2007 jerseys have a nameplate, but keep in mind this could be from 1995-96). The font size seems accurate as well. I do see some evidence that there could be game use as well and it was autographed on the front. I did buy this in Reading (Fairgrounds Square Mall) and the dealer said that he believed that where he got the jersey from the person did/does work for the Reading Phillies. The number on the jersey is #17, which is the number that he wore as a Philadelphia Phillie as well.

Any help or info would be appreciated. Unfortunately, I do not have a digital camera to be able to post the jersey.

Thanks,
Chris