PDA

View Full Version : Adam Dunn

skyking26
12-06-2007, 09:27 PM
Just wondered if there were any Adam Dunn collectors out there? I don't hear much in the way of conversation on the forum. I know Elite had a meeting with him supposedly Wednesday.

RK

Neely8
12-07-2007, 01:22 AM
I own an 03 Adam Dunn alternate with the Great American Ballpark patch from the first season at the GABP.

skyking26
12-07-2007, 06:33 AM
Are you from the Cinn area? What is the reaction there if so to him? I have always felt he was a bit under the radar, especially a guy who has 4-40 HR seasons. It's not like he isn't driving in runs...

Bob

Neely8
12-07-2007, 10:28 AM
No I am from NJ so I don't hear a lot of the rumours that circulate about him. I was pretty positive though that he was going to get traded at the deadline this year and was very surprised when that didn't happen. I think the biggest problem with Dunn is how much he strikeouts. He does put up some numbers though so that kind of makes it a catch 22.

bigtruck260
12-07-2007, 10:31 AM
I am a fan of Dunn in STL.

Great power, and someone I would have like to have had last year on the Cards. Probably too expensive, and I'll take my chances with Ankiel (now that he is free of the HGH thing)...;)

Dunn strikes out a little too much, which impacts his run production. If he hit behind Pujols, Albert might have a shot a breaking every record that ever stood.

Dave

bigklu18
12-07-2007, 12:55 PM
The big thing about him here in town is that he lacks a little in the fielding dept. He tends to make some dumb errors but still I would hate to see him gone.

Jags Fan Dan
12-07-2007, 03:42 PM
The fans here generally like to complain about the fielding and the strikeouts. The talk radio here practically guaranteed he would be dealt at the trade deadline last year, but here we are in December and he's still a Red! I think he would be an ideal DH or 1B, but having him in the outfield is really pushing your luck.

skyking26
12-07-2007, 07:24 PM
People malign his defense, but I think he does a decent enough job with the big numbers. I have always been a fan of Kingman and Dave was horrible in LF, but both these guys seem similar as far as power.

I agree, the Reds would seem a nowhere place for Dunn to play. They'd be better off trading him and getting other areas tied up. Living here in Detroit, I'd love to see him in LF, especially withthe lineup we have. I agree, DH and 1st are also areas he could play. There are more possibilities for Dunn in the AL than NL...