PDA

View Full Version : The Famous Scott Harpt

B1SON
12-07-2007, 07:15 PM
Anyone get their SCD in the mail today and see how famous our vary own Scott Harpt is? Not only was he listed in the Collectors Directory, but he was cited in "Show Circut" with Chris Nerat as changing the hobby and having a good oldfashioned card show in Milwaukee in a couple weeks. I told my wife "I went to college with this guy in Valley City". Nice work Scott! and good luck with the show. Wish I could be there! :)

harpt
12-07-2007, 08:02 PM
LOL

Thanks!! You wouldn't believe how many autographs I have had to sign lately (Ha Ha).

I wish you could be there too.

B1SON
12-07-2007, 09:12 PM
Rumor has it your the featured autograph guest at the show too! What a steal with SCDs being signed for a modest $5 and all other items for $10. People will come to the show for the auto alone! lol

bigtruck260
12-07-2007, 09:50 PM
Hey Scott -

Are you the same guy who is listed in the Big Book of Sports Memorabilia as a bat expert?

Dave

B1SON
12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Books now???? Bat expert?????? WOW! Scott---slow down man!!!!!!!!!! ;)

harpt
12-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Not that I know of. I did write an article on bats once that they used in Tough Stuff and some other magazine. Maybe someone used my name based on that.

I don't consider myself an expert, by the way. Nearly everything I know I learned from reading books by guys like Bushing and Malta (the actual experts). If someone asked me a question about bats, I'd usually end up having to reference one of these books to find the answer.