PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Football League

toddhead
12-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Does anyone have any contacts in the Canadian Football League? I am trying to get a Yo Murphy game used jersey from the Roughriders (or any team he has ever played for). I wrote the team asking about acquiring one directly from them, but I was told that my best bet is to buy a custom jersey cfl.com team store.

If you can help me out I would be willing to compensate you for yout time and effort.

Thanks
Todd

headingtontd.ctr@mcnosc.usmc.mil

aeneas01
12-11-2007, 04:45 AM
the only thing that i know about the cfl is that there are some ardent cfl collectors out there
that aren't shy about paying big $$$$ for game used items - especially vintage items. it never ceases to amaze me what vintage cfl helmets go for. i would up with two hamilton tigers gu tak29 suspension helmets from a bulk purchase a couple of years ago that i'm looking forward to listing next year. heck, i thought they were high school lids that would make good project helmets when i got them given that i know almost nothing about the cfl - glad i didn't mess with them!

genius
12-11-2007, 09:25 PM
Do you think there would be any interest on this 1966 or 67 Tiger Cats jersey? Southland Athletic heavy durene, "Hamburglar" sleeves, repairs, couple of tears, blood stain, #1 overall CFL draft pick (Ed Turek). Any estimate of what it might bring and does anyone have a recommendation of an auction house for vintage CFL memorabilia?

aeneas01
12-11-2007, 11:50 PM
Do you think there would be any interest on this 1966 or 67 Tiger Cats jersey? Southland Athletic heavy durene, "Hamburglar" sleeves, repairs, couple of tears, blood stain, #1 overall CFL draft pick (Ed Turek). Any estimate of what it might bring and does anyone have a recommendation of an auction house for vintage CFL memorabilia?

i'm not a game used jersey guy (although i'm tempted to correct this oversight after marveling at the many outstanding jerseys posted by members at the "show me your nfl stuff" thread!) but i would have to believe your fantastic looking vintage jersey would draw much more than just a little attention if you listed it. do you have a price in mind? if so, perhaps you could test the waters on ebay using the "best offer" feature. when i mentioned that i've seen cfl items go for solid prices i was referring to cfl items i've seen listed on ebay....

here are a couple of examples - i've also noticed other cfl auctions end early, shortly after the item was listed. and, fwiw, i have no idea if these items are authentic or not given that i know almost nothing about cfl equipment - but judging from the prices it appears that someone felt the were authentic!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/33006.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/33003.jpg

gu saskatchewan roughrider - $600

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/aeneas1/60004.jpg

genius
12-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Thanks for that aeneas01, the feedback is much appreciated! Still debating whether to list it...love the black and gold and the old heavy durene is incredible. These jerseys would turn 4.5 speed into 5.0!

both-teams-played-hard
12-12-2007, 01:23 AM
That Tiger Cats jersey is a beauty! Unique jerseys of top quality and style are the reason I collect jerseys. Be patient and wait for the right CFL collector...or just keep it...very nice shirt...

genius
12-12-2007, 10:46 AM
BTPH--thanks for the advice!

Sincityson
12-13-2007, 02:15 PM
There's a few CFL jerseys I've been looking for, but can't seem to find alot of info out there on them..

Anyone here collect or know of people who are into Argos, TigerCats, Renegades jerseys & helmets?

SC

b.heagy
12-13-2007, 02:32 PM
I just picked up a Steve Taylor Tiger Cats jersey. If interested send me an email.

ekin27
12-13-2007, 06:36 PM
There's a few CFL jerseys I've been looking for, but can't seem to find alot of info out there on them..

Anyone here collect or know of people who are into Argos, TigerCats, Renegades jerseys & helmets?

SC
I have a Doug Flutie Argos Jersey.
E-mail me if you have interest.
Jack
info@proamsports.ca

Sincityson
04-23-2008, 01:43 AM
Haven't seen a cfl topic in a while.. Anyone here ever see and Tiger Cats or Argos QB game jerseys around?

Argos: Flutie, Andre Ware, Erich Crouch, Jay Barker, Tracy Ham, Michael Bishop, Damon Allen, etc..

RKGIBSON
04-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Here are my Eric Crouch helmet and Doug Flute jersey. I collect Heisman trophy winners. Neither is for sale. These are the only 2 CFL items I have.

Roger

Dewey2007
04-23-2008, 06:25 PM
Haven't seen a cfl topic in a while.. Anyone here ever see and Tiger Cats or Argos QB game jerseys around?

Argos: Flutie, Andre Ware, Erich Crouch, Jay Barker, Tracy Ham, Michael Bishop, Damon Allen, etc..

Check with Glory Days Sports. They sent me a list awhile back and they had a number of CFL jerseys for sale. Tiger Cats and Argos included. Send me your e-mail and I'll forward you the list they sent me if your interested.

Sincityson
04-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Thanks, contact me here: supersonicswin@yahoo.com , were there any other CFL teams on the list?

Sincityson
04-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Thanks, contact me here: supersonicswin@yahoo.com , were there any other CFL teams on the list?

Meant to say, were there any other US cfl teams on the list?

Dewey2007
04-24-2008, 01:04 AM
No U.S. CFL team that I remember. I have the list on my computer at work so I will forward tomorrow morning.

gatorcollector
04-24-2008, 06:02 AM
Dewey, would you please forward that list to me also? bcouture@cfl.rr.com . Thanks!

cohibasmoker
04-24-2008, 07:25 AM
Hey Guys. I saw this post and I thought I'd ask if the jersey in the below scan may possibly be a vintage CFL jersey? It's made by Spanjian and it's a nice old durene jersey with sewn on numbers and plenty of team repairs.

I put the Cardinals jacket above the jersey to show the true color of the jersey.

Jim flaa1a@comcast.net

Sincityson
04-24-2008, 07:59 PM
Hey Guys. I saw this post and I thought I'd ask if the jersey in the below scan may possibly be a vintage CFL jersey? It's made by Spanjian and it's a nice old durene jersey with sewn on numbers and plenty of team repairs.

I put the Cardinals jacket above the jersey to show the true color of the jersey.

Jim flaa1a@comcast.net

Not sure, but if happens to be, it can only be from the BC Lions.. The best option would be to contact the CFL HOF, one of the curators or researchers should be able to identify it: http://www.cfhof.ca/index.php?module=page&id=11

Sincityson
04-24-2008, 08:01 PM
No U.S. CFL team that I remember. I have the list on my computer at work so I will forward tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the list.. Some great names on there! Would you happen to roughly how many jerseys remain? I'd suspect a bunch have been sold since it's from '06..

DrJ
04-24-2008, 08:33 PM
Michael Bishop QB Argonauts. He was a Heisman runner-up...:)

Dewey2007
04-24-2008, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the list.. Some great names on there! Would you happen to roughly how many jerseys remain? I'd suspect a bunch have been sold since it's from '06..

Your welcome! Unfortunately I wouldn't have any idea on how many CFL jerseys remain. Although the list says '06 I suspect they still have a number of them available. They seemed friendly when I contacted them about an item but just not very quick to respond.

gatorcollector
04-24-2008, 09:12 PM
Toronto Argonauts Kerwin Bell (former Florida QB). This is one of my favorites in my collection.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/gatorcollector/jerseys/bellback.jpg

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e68/gatorcollector/jerseys/bellfront.jpg

orioles03
04-24-2008, 09:45 PM
you might want to try to contact the argonauts i sent them a email in janurary for the list of game used items they had listed on there website and they finally got back to me in march they had a patrick johnson game used jersey they said the equipment manager gave them a list of the stuff they still have here is the link i know it is old i hope it still works but contact them and see what they still have the jersey i got is sweet looking it was used in 07 but it is an 05 jersey awesome use here is the link
http://www.argonauts.ca/Argos/News/2007/12/10/4716908.html

Sincityson
04-24-2008, 11:27 PM
you might want to try to contact the argonauts i sent them a email in janurary for the list of game used items they had listed on there website and they finally got back to me in march they had a patrick johnson game used jersey they said the equipment manager gave them a list of the stuff they still have here is the link i know it is old i hope it still works but contact them and see what they still have the jersey i got is sweet looking it was used in 07 but it is an 05 jersey awesome use here is the link
http://www.argonauts.ca/Argos/News/2007/12/10/4716908.html

Thanks for the info.. Would you know if they had an jerseys from the 1990s still available? I know every year in Janauary or Feb, they have an equiptment sale at their practise facility.. however I'm not aware of how they keep their older jerseys, helmets, etc..

Sincityson
04-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Toronto Argonauts Kerwin Bell (former Florida QB). This is one of my favorites in my collection.

Nice signature on the Bell! looks alot better than most Argo autrographics I've seen.. What year is it from?