PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Game Used Jersey Patriots

Texans
12-11-2007, 08:58 PM
The Highland Mint is offering a Game Used Jersey of Moss. I thought it was interesting how the neckline has both the tag and size/yr tag there. Is this a common practice.

beantown
12-11-2007, 09:05 PM
The Highland Mint is offering a Game Used Jersey of Moss. I thought it was interesting how the neckline has both the tag and size/yr tag there. Is this a common practice.

Do you have a website link for this jersey?

Texans
12-11-2007, 09:11 PM
They sent it to me by email. They also have many other player for sale like
a 2005 game used Richard Seymour, a 2006 Lawrence Maroney, and a 2006 Chad Jackson. Am I allowed to post there phone number and email address?

beantown
12-11-2007, 09:13 PM
They sent it to me by email. They also have many other player for sale like
a 2005 game used Richard Seymour, a 2006 Lawrence Maroney, and a 2006 Chad Jackson. Am I allowed to post there phone number and email address?

Can you send me the website link and contact information to my email... cjarone@earthlink.net

Thank you...

Texans
12-11-2007, 09:16 PM
Im not sure if it on a website or anything. I will send you the email now. I know how hard Patriots game used jersey are to find.

beantown
12-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Im not sure if it on a website or anything. I will send you the email now. I know how hard Patriots game used jersey are to find.

Got it...thank you...

MichaelofSF
12-11-2007, 10:54 PM
Could you please forward me the website and or phone number too please? Thank you.
themikechu@aol.com

RKGIBSON
12-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Texans,

Please forward me the link when you have time.
irestorecars@sbcglobal.net

Thanks
Roger

CollectGU
12-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Please e-mail me the link as well:

djob0001@yahoo.com

Texans
12-11-2007, 11:26 PM
I sent the email. When I spoke to Highland Mint last year they said they are able to obtain most game used jersey from all major sports. I wanted Andre Johnson and Chad Johnson but they wanted $2500 to $3000each which is way out of my price range.

Jojo

mvandor
12-12-2007, 09:33 AM
THE Highland Mint? They make commemorative coins and the like. Game used jerseys???? Nothing on their website about that.

spider9698
12-12-2007, 10:04 AM
Please email me the contact info as well. Many thanks in advance.
sferzoco@partners.org

Texans
12-12-2007, 01:52 PM
They sell game used jersey now too. Sometimes they sell framed photo with cut game used jersey in them.

Texans
12-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Emailed to sferzoco@partners.org.

spider9698
12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
Moss jersey sold. If the buyer is on the boards and wants to make a nice quick, painless profit, please email me at sferzoco@partners.org

RKGIBSON
12-12-2007, 02:36 PM
The pictures this guy sent me this morning are from Grey Flannels web site. They try to presale items that they do not own or have in their possession. I spoke to Rich Russek this morning and he confirmed that most were his items and they had authorization to broker his inventory. Call him directly and save some money.

Roger

Texans
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
So the jersey they acquire are not from the players, agents, and or league but thru Grey Flannel?

lund6771
12-12-2007, 02:46 PM
be very cautious guys...

Texans
12-12-2007, 02:54 PM
When I spoke to them last year they told me they acquire the jersey from player , agent and or league if Im not mistaken. I think they offer a 30 days money back if you are not happy

Eric
12-12-2007, 04:07 PM
What a find. The patriots don't let their jerseys out to the public- incredible that they could have so many.

I asked Highland Mint about the source of the jerseys and they would not divulge the information. I told them "for this kind of money, you can't just expect that i would trust you and then open my wallet"

lund6771
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
When I spoke to them last year they told me they acquire the jersey from player , agent and or league if Im not mistaken. I think they offer a 30 days money back if you are not happy

we've all been around the block before and heard this story many of times...No team or player provenance?...was there all of a sudden an incredible source discovered overnight?, but yet at that the same time they've had access to EVERY TEAM for a while?

Let's have a little common sence

kingjammy24
12-12-2007, 04:32 PM
roger, i find that hilarious. you ask them for their gamers and they run out and snatch pics from third party retail outfits. i guess the market for $100 commemorative "limited edition" silver coins isn't going so well for them? roger, out of curiosity, what was the price that the highland mint was charging compared to GFC's price for the same item? what was the highland mint's markup?

if the highland mint acquired their jerseys directly from the players, team, or league then you'd think they'd proudly advertise and market that sort of arrangement in the same way that meigray, steiner, and game exclusives do. it seems highly unlikely that a company would strike an official deal with a player or team and then keep that info secret.

the assumption then is that they acquire them from the secondary market; the same market available to individual collectors. the only difference is they're adding on their slice of the pie. the biggest concern though is, if they're getting it from the secondary market, how an outfit like the highland mint determines whether or not a gamer is legit. who authenticates gamers for the highland mint?

just another entity trying to make money for doing nothing. if anyone wants a jersey from GFC, i'd be happy to get it for them for a 20% "commission". not including shipping, handling, or insurance. :D

rudy.

spider9698
12-12-2007, 04:34 PM
I was on the phone with them today. They do have access to some decent items, 2007 World Series game used bases, on-deck circle, etc. The same type of stuff that MLB.com auctioned off last week.

lund6771
12-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Rudy...from some of the pricing I've heard about, 20% is in the neighborhood

Texans
12-12-2007, 06:05 PM
So are there other jersey with a tag/size and tag in the collar? That was the point of me creating this thread. I know when you buy any game used jersey you have to do your own research. You cant rely on the auction house or seller. This is what this site has taught me and others

Jojo

indyred
12-12-2007, 06:18 PM
So are there other jersey with a tag/size and tag in the collar? That was the point of me creating this thread. I know when you buy any game used jersey you have to do your own research. You cant rely on the auction house or seller. This is what this site has taught me and others

Jojo

NFL.com auctions sold some Bills game used jerseys from this season (2007). I noticed they had what looked like the jock tag in the collar like this Moss. You can go look them up in completed auctions. First I've ever seen of it.

kingjammy24
12-12-2007, 06:32 PM
from nfl auctions. a 2007 bills game-worn jersey.

http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/3319/sillyyy8.jpg

rudy.

Blake
12-13-2007, 11:06 AM
I purchased a 2007 Bills game worn (Crowell) jersey that has the tag in the collar.

Gerald

RKGIBSON
12-14-2007, 12:04 AM
I made a couple of phone calls and found out who actually has the 07 Moss. He is FedX'ed it today to me for inspection. I like the story of how he got it, seems possible. We'll see if it photo matches.

Rudy,
I ask Highland for pictures of the Moss, Maroney and Brady. They said they were working on getting them. I ask them how they could get such good Patriot players. They said the had a long time affiliation with the NFL. I did not look at the difference in prices or discuss what they wanted for the jerseys until I had pictures. I ask the about a guarantee and they said they had a 30 day money back guarantee that they were authentic. Only if I could prove they were not real could return them.

I guess if you look at this from the outside, there is really nothing wrong with what they are doing, other that a little lying. They should have said they were brokering the jerseys, but that does not sound as good.
Roger

MichaelofSF
10-31-2014, 02:16 PM
it's up for auction at MEARS, I have no problem with their description. It was never game used, but did appear from the team.

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/2007_Randy_Moss_New_England_Patriots_Home_Jersey__-LOT83459.aspx

NEFAN
11-01-2014, 06:17 AM

Jojo

I've seen many Patriots jerseys with that style tagging in their museum. in the past.