PDA

View Full Version : Best place to consign?

whatupyos
12-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Hello Forum members:

Don't know if this is the right place to post, so don't sue me GU Police...but what auction house is the best to consign too? I have several 500 club baseballs that I want to package together and put up for auction. I was thinking Mastro? They seem to sell well...or Lelands? ANy thoughts?

Aaron

staindsox
12-12-2007, 07:54 PM
I had a terrible experience with Mastro. They really screwed me. I don't really want to post it here. I don't want to have to get into a back and forth debate about Mastro, but feel free to email...I could have eBayed my item for more and had a better listing description anyway. I wouldn't give them my worthless 1991 factory set of Topps. If you think Mastro would take it, look at Hunt.

Chris
staindsox@hotmail.com

nyjetsfan14
12-12-2007, 10:19 PM
shouldn't we be recommending the GUU forum? I mean why pay some auction house a 17.5-20 percent fee to sell an item(s) you could just as easily (actually easier) sell here?

whatupyos
12-12-2007, 10:32 PM
Because my items are not game used. Does GUU auction non game used items like a signed photo framed and or baseballs? Plus, people dont know about GUU isn't as well known as a Lelands, Mastro, Sothebys and so on.

Aaron

DConLA
12-13-2007, 01:55 PM
HELLO GUYS
FOR ME THE BEST PLACE IS GREY FLANNEL.THEY DON'T MAKE FAULTS PROMISES AND I GET PAID IN ABOUT 30 DAYS.
DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

MSpecht
12-15-2007, 04:13 AM
Regarding GUU, here is a link to a post which you may have missed that spells out the results-to-date, future goals, and the philosophical stance of all GUU transactional models -- auction and sales.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=63435&postcount=4 (http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showpost.php?p=63435&postcount=4)

Basically, in a marketplace where "buyer beware" often seems to be the standard business model, buyers will gravitate to the arena where they feel the greatest level of comfort in pursuing their "game used collecting" hobby. The model that has been nurtured and put in place by GUU over the past two and a half years has drawn the support of many throughout the industry.

The foundation upon which the GUU model has been built was developed to assist the collector in every way possible. It is a system designed to facilitate the open exchange of information and provide transparency in all areas. This system, from basic business practices to full community examination of individual pieces of memorabilia, will continue to drive the GUU transactional platforms. Judging from the results of the first consignment auction, the collecting community is responding positively to what GUU has created.

Good Luck in future collecting.

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

sicollector1954@insightbb.com
12-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I consigned some autographed B/W HOF plaque cards once in 2006 with Mastro. When the smoke had cleared, I made $50.00 profit. I have some others that I am selling in the upcoming March/April Auction of Huggins and Scott. They are charging me 5% and not 17.5% like most auction houses do now. We will see how things turn out. They have even contacted me direct to ask my opinion on how the items should be sold in regards to lots as well as info on several helping with the description writeup. I am hopeful of a successful end result.