PDA

View Full Version : Pujols Value in the HGH era?

bscott
12-13-2007, 06:04 PM
What a day for Baseball!

I'm curious to hear a discussion about prices/values of Albert Pujols game used items, post Mitchell report:

How can Pujols GU items maintain their current (very) high prices?

Modern Pujols GU bats seem to sell for $3000+.

While Pujols' name did not appear in the Mitchell Report, there have been rumors circulated about PED use in his past.

Any thoughts?

-bscott.

bigtruck260
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
What a day for Baseball!

I'm curious to hear a discussion about prices/values of Albert Pujols game used items, post Mitchell report:

How can Pujols GU items maintain their current (very) high prices?

Modern Pujols GU bats seem to sell for $3000+.

While Pujols' name did not appear in the Mitchell Report, there have been rumors circulated about PED use in his past.

Any thoughts?

-bscott.

It's probably a moot point. If Albert is not using now, he probably will not use with tighter scrutiny. He has always made it clear that he has not used - regardless of the hearsay. Which is all it is as far as anyone knows.
I will take a shot in the dark and say that he will remain one of the MLB's bright and shining stars. He has far too much to lose...

Not really sure why he is even being mentioned when his name was not included in the report. It is topics like this that create debates that spin out of control and add to the media frenzy and fan speculation. It's like some people WANT to see Albert fail at something...or become a tarnished name.

Worry about the juicers that are listed. If Albert tests positive, then you can start threads like this one. My 2 bits.

Dave

Birdbats
12-13-2007, 07:05 PM
If anybody wants to sell their Pujols items for pennies on the dollar, I'm buying!

DConLA
12-16-2007, 12:33 PM
:D ALL THE PLAYERS IN THE MITCHELL REPORT ARE THE ONES THAT GOT CAUGHT.DO YOUR REALLY BELIEVE THEY GOT EVERYBODY?hehehe
DAN 323 257-4898 daniel248@earthlink.net

byergo
12-18-2007, 10:48 PM
I'd say his value is dropping fast. Strong rumours for years now.

bigtruck260
12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
I'd say his value is dropping fast. Strong rumours for years now.

Good for me. I am with Jeff and Joe - gimme all the Pujols stuff.
I have seen two 2006-07 game used bats go for $1000 plus in the last month. Not many others can get that sans Arod or Jeter.

Dave

Birdbats
12-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I'd say his value is dropping fast.

Based on what I've witnessed and the e-mails I get seeking his memorabilia, I'd say Albert's market value is as strong as ever, as is the demand for his game-used items.

byergo
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
All I can say is good luck!

Like a dot-com stock priced for perfection before the Internet stock collapse, there is nowhere to go but down for Albert's rediculously high priced game used items.

You want to talk about a fully realized price, look at Pujols, or most Yankees starts for that matter. Absolutely zero upside, but a world of downside if they don't continue to put up Ruthian numbers (hard to do forever) or they get caught up in this steriod/HGH scandle (which many--myself included expect to happen).

Buy some stuff as a fan if you must, but realize what a horrible "investment" that type of purchase would be.