PDA

View Full Version : Elite Sports Marketing

sarahsdad
12-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Hello Forum Members:
Has anyone sent in any items to ESM for any of their recent signings? I received an email from them in late November advertising a private signing with Adam Dunn on Dec 7. I had some questions and emailed them and called them. Ted and Scott both contacted me via email and telephone to answer my questions within the hour each time I called or emailed. Based on their customer service I sent my items in. I have been trying to contact them since Dec 10 to inquire if the signing took place and when the items will be returned. Now, no one returns my emails and no one answers the phones there. All I get is voicemail to which I leave messages but no return call. They were real good about communication before they had my money but since taking my money there has been no communication. Does anyone know if they are still in business? Has anyone had similar experiences with them? Happy Holidays.
Sarahsdad

skyking26
12-15-2007, 01:16 PM
Hello Forum Members:
Has anyone sent in any items to ESM for any of their recent signings? I received an email from them in late November advertising a private signing with Adam Dunn on Dec 7. I had some questions and emailed them and called them. Ted and Scott both contacted me via email and telephone to answer my questions within the hour each time I called or emailed. Based on their customer service I sent my items in. I have been trying to contact them since Dec 10 to inquire if the signing took place and when the items will be returned. Now, no one returns my emails and no one answers the phones there. All I get is voicemail to which I leave messages but no return call. They were real good about communication before they had my money but since taking my money there has been no communication. Does anyone know if they are still in business? Has anyone had similar experiences with them? Happy Holidays.
Sarahsdad
Howard, I sent you a private email regarding this issue. My experience has been the same, although I have had short emails saying that the signing was pushed back twice now and supposedly will be this week. I started out with getting my bat signed, sent it in, and they were very good about communication before I sent anything. It has not been as good since. I have commited to buying a jersey, cleats and possibly a mitt which is around a grand and would expect better communication than I am getting...RK

sarahsdad
12-15-2007, 04:39 PM
RK:
I will be sending them a fax on Monday morning followed by a certified letter demanding the return of my items signed or not by Dec 27. I really have no other choice since they do not return emails or phone messages. Failure to return them on or before Dec 27 will result in a the filing of theft charges against them in the state of Florida and if need be a phone call to federal authorities. At this point I will no longer do business with them. They are certainly not worth the hassle. And I must say their communication did a 180 degree turn from the time I initially spoke with them in November to now. Lesson learned.
Sarahsdad

sarahsdad
12-17-2007, 06:37 PM
Hello Forum Members:
Still nothing from Elite Sports Marketing regarding their Dunn signing. But they still have my items. So I emailed them again this morning. And called. Called again. And again. Finally, on the fourth try someone screwed up and answered the phone!! His name was Mark. And he was very nice. I explained to him my situation and he replied "I will look into it and call you back." Well, after this horrendous experince thus far with ESM I did not believe him anymore then I believed that Osama had nothing to do with the World Trade Center disaster. Lo and behold Mark called me back and explained that the signing with Dunn, scheduled for Dec.7 still had not taken place. They were working with his Rep to get this done. So, why can't Scot or Ted return my emails or phone calls and explain that? Maybe there is something more to it then that? That is my belief. None the less I will no longer do business with Elite Sports Marketing: Remember their slogan: "If you want the best then deal with the best" The "Best" do not hide when thigs go awry. I would urge all Forum members to remember my experience before doing business with them. And that is my opinion based on my experience with them. Lesson learned. Obviously they do not need my business. I have advised them that my items are to be returned by Dec 27 or I will consider them stolen and proceed accordingly. They read the posts on this forum and I challenge them to respond to this post. Or contact me directly. I would love to talk with Scot or Ted. I will keep you updated.
sarahsdad

b.heagy
12-17-2007, 06:41 PM
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=12974 Link to Teds' email from a post made today. I assume it's the same company.

sarahsdad
12-17-2007, 07:10 PM
My experience with them is that their communication is great until they have your money. After that any communication from them is an accident. And I challenge them to reply. I speak from experience and everything is fact. ESM care to reply?
Sarahsdad

jshortt
12-17-2007, 07:44 PM
Well, Just to let you guys know, Dunn was 100% for sure in Cincinnati on December 7-8. Those were the dates for Redsfest, and he was in attendence. Saw him with my own 2.

hth,
Josh

jshortt
12-17-2007, 07:47 PM
Well, Just to let you guys know, Dunn was 100% for sure in Cincinnati on December 7-8. Those were the dates for Redsfest, and he was in attendence. Saw him with my own 2.

hth,
Josh

Whoops, just realized I misspelled 'attendance.' Sorry grammar people. That's what I get for not previewing!

sarahsdad
12-17-2007, 07:56 PM
Makes one wonder why they would advertise a "Private Signing" with him on Dec 7 then? False advertising at the least. What else then is false about them? Where there is smoke there is fire.
sarahsdad

pietraynor
12-17-2007, 08:03 PM
Not taking either side, never dealt w/ Elite & likely won't, but yes, Dunn was a Redsfest on the 7th, but maybe they had planned a private signing session w/ him in Cincy to coincide. Just a thought. Jay.

sarahsdad
12-17-2007, 08:40 PM
And ESM's silence throughout all of this speaks volumes. ESM, care to reply?
Sarahsdad

skyking26
12-18-2007, 06:54 AM
Scott at Elite - please email me regarding WHEN the signing will be - you said it was this week. skyking442@hotmail.com Robert Koppel

sarahsdad
12-18-2007, 02:17 PM
Multiple phone calls to Elite Sports Marketing today and no answer. Nothing but voicemail. Did leave a message with Scot and Ted. Again. Come home at lunch today and guess what is in my mailbox? My AMEX bill and guess what charge is on it? $250 from Elite Sports Marketing for the Adam Dunn signing. I am beside myself at this point. I am not an attorney but is this a criminal act? I believe ESM just stole from me. Not only do they have my items but they charged my credit card for a service they did not provide. Needless to say I will be contacting AMEX at the conclusion of this post. Have advised ESM that if the items are not returned by Dec 27 then I will file theft charges with their local police department in Oldsmar. I will keep you updated. "If you want the best then deal with the best" I believe that is their motto. What are they the best at? Right now they are the best of getting your items, charging your credit card, not providing what you have purchased and hiding behind voicemail. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken s*** Of course, like I do with every post I will ask Scot from ESM if he cares to reply. So far he he has elected not to. Interpret that as you see fit.
sarahsdad

kingjammy24
12-19-2007, 05:37 PM
any luck contacting elite yet?

apparently they came on the forum today and posted this sale:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=64761

i'm curious if they've responded to you guys yet as they've clearly got time to post sales on the forum.

rudy.

jlew22
12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
Sarahsdad, I have something that might help you out. Shoot me an email at Bhshardball22@netscape.net

sarahsdad
12-19-2007, 07:07 PM
I did make contact with Scot at Elite. Rather a long story and I am on my way out the door to a Christmas party. So I will give as much info as I can before my wife drags me out to this 3 hour rectal exam. First off, I would like to thank Chris Cavalier for his communication with me regarding this situation. Don't know what he does for a living but he is very wise and was very helpful. As you know the last communication I had with Scot or Ted at Elite was Nov 28. Multiple emails and phone messages to them were of no use as there was never any reply. Since they are in possession of items that I, as a collector, deem valuable I was not going to leave any stone unturned to either contact them or get my items back. I contacted the Pinellas County Florida Sheriffs department this morning at 9AM central time and spoke to an investigator who assigned a deputy to the case. At 10AM central time I called Elite like I had done most every morning at that time so I could have phone records indicating my repeated attempts to try and contact them. Ted answered and put Scot on. Scot and I had a conversation regarding the Dunn signing which has now been pushed back until January. Scot relays to me that he has a mother ill with cancer and has been doing quite a few private signings with others. I expressed my sympathy as it relates to his mother but told him that was no excuse for not communicating. To which he apologized for not doing a better job of. Scot provided me with an alternate method of contacting him which is helpful. I advised him that I placed a chargeback on my AMEX to which he is not pleased with but for my own protection what else was I to do? His lack of communication was directly responsible for that action. At 11AM central time I received a phone call from the Pinellas County deputy sheriff assigned to the case. She went to Elite and spoke with someone, Scot I am presuming. She walked through the building and verified that in her opinion they were a legitimate business and to her it did not look like they were leaving anytime soon. Apparently Scot explained everything to her as he had done with me and she advised that if I did not receive my items in January or had other further issues to contact her and she would come back out to Elite. Very nice lady, very professional and handled the situation to my satisfaction. Bottom line, communicate. This all could have been avoided if there was just some communication. At this point my items are still with Elite and I trust that the signing gets done in January as Scot indicated and I will have my items back in my possession before February. You know I will keep you posted. Chris Cavalier once again thanks for your assistance, guidance and wisdom.
Sarahsdad

skyking26
12-19-2007, 10:35 PM
I did make contact with Scot at Elite. Rather a long story and I am on my way out the door to a Christmas party. So I will give as much info as I can before my wife drags me out to this 3 hour rectal exam. First off, I would like to thank Chris Cavalier for his communication with me regarding this situation. Don't know what he does for a living but he is very wise and was very helpful. As you know the last communication I had with Scot or Ted at Elite was Nov 28. Multiple emails and phone messages to them were of no use as there was never any reply. Since they are in possession of items that I, as a collector, deem valuable I was not going to leave any stone unturned to either contact them or get my items back. I contacted the Pinellas County Florida Sheriffs department this morning at 9AM central time and spoke to an investigator who assigned a deputy to the case. At 10AM central time I called Elite like I had done most every morning at that time so I could have phone records indicating my repeated attempts to try and contact them. Ted answered and put Scot on. Scot and I had a conversation regarding the Dunn signing which has now been pushed back until January. Scot relays to me that he has a mother ill with cancer and has been doing quite a few private signings with others. I expressed my sympathy as it relates to his mother but told him that was no excuse for not communicating. To which he apologized for not doing a better job of. Scot provided me with an alternate method of contacting him which is helpful. I advised him that I placed a chargeback on my AMEX to which he is not pleased with but for my own protection what else was I to do? His lack of communication was directly responsible for that action. At 11AM central time I received a phone call from the Pinellas County deputy sheriff assigned to the case. She went to Elite and spoke with someone, Scot I am presuming. She walked through the building and verified that in her opinion they were a legitimate business and to her it did not look like they were leaving anytime soon. Apparently Scot explained everything to her as he had done with me and she advised that if I did not receive my items in January or had other further issues to contact her and she would come back out to Elite. Very nice lady, very professional and handled the situation to my satisfaction. Bottom line, communicate. This all could have been avoided if there was just some communication. At this point my items are still with Elite and I trust that the signing gets done in January as Scot indicated and I will have my items back in my possession before February. You know I will keep you posted. Chris Cavalier once again thanks for your assistance, guidance and wisdom.
Sarahsdad
Have to say Howard did a great job here following up with the police. He and I have been in contact daily the past week as we have had a few sleepless nights between us regarding our GU items and monies. Mine was a check sent Nov 29 and cashed Dec 5. Needless to say, when weekly emails state that a signing has been "pushed back" a week but they don't tell you "when" or elaborate, I don't know many that would not get upset.

I will be too following up with the authorities Thursday morning by phone to protect myself as well. Hopefully Elite will recogize that communication is key and if done the right way a customer will be just that for some time...

RK

frikativ54
01-13-2008, 10:22 AM
Was this situation ever resolved?

skyking26
01-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Contact was made with Scot last week where basically both Howard and I gave a date of Jan 15 to know if this Dunn signing was going to happen as Scot said he was to speak with Dunn's rep. If by Monday 14th nothing has happened - I have asked for my bat and $190 to be mailed back. This whole thing started Nov 29 and nearly 2 months later we are still here.

I will post in next few days as to where this goes...

RK

frikativ54
01-14-2008, 06:30 AM
Contact was made with Scot last week where basically both Howard and I gave a date of Jan 15 to know if this Dunn signing was going to happen as Scot said he was to speak with Dunn's rep. If by Monday 14th nothing has happened - I have asked for my bat and $190 to be mailed back. This whole thing started Nov 29 and nearly 2 months later we are still here.

I will post in next few days as to where this goes...

RK

Thanks for the information. Have they ever attempted to resolve any of the various issues that collectors have had with particular items' authenticity? The thread I am talking about is here, and the questions unresolved are asked by one kingjammy24. To see the thread, click here: http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=13019&highlight=elite

3arod13
01-14-2008, 09:33 AM
What I find odd is, Elite is a member of this forum, so you know they're reading these posts. Why not respond?

skyking26
01-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Given the tracking #, my pkg currently resides in GA heading my way in MI. Will let everybody know if it is intact with the bat I sent in Nov and the $190...

skyking26
01-18-2008, 01:50 AM
My Adam Dunn bat was returned today Jan 17 after being sent Nov. 29. A refund check was sent with no explanation as to why a Dunn signing never materialized.

RK

frikativ54
01-18-2008, 02:43 AM
My Adam Dunn bat was returned today Jan 17 after being sent Nov. 29. A refund check was sent with no explanation as to why a Dunn signing never materialized.

RK

Sorry to hear that. Wish this whole saga would have ended better. :mad: This is good for the customer to know, though, as I will take Elite with a tablespoon of salt in the future.

sarahsdad
01-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Hello Forum Members:
Today I received my items back from Elite Sports Marketing. 9 weeks after they were sent to them for an alledged Adam Dunn signing on Dec 7. Most of you already know the story so there is no sense rehashing that here. I will not have to think twice about doing business with Scot and his associates at ESM. My first thought of never doing business with them is enough. This was an absolutely horrible experience and in all honesty one or two more of these would end my involvement in this hobby that we all love so much. Their communication was outstanding until they got my items and money then it stopped. But it did get better after the Pinellas Countt Sheriff showed up at his place of business. Talk about an attention getter. That obviously worked. I now have my email programmed to automatically send any emails from ESM into my JUNK folder. Where it belongs. For those of you that followed this saga with myself and Skyking26 learn from our mistake. Spend your money elsewhere. You'll be happier and you'll actually get something in return.
In any case. if anyone is interested in a game used Adam Dunn alternate red jersey from 2005 and his game used batting helmet from 2006 the price is $825 delivered for the pair. Both items are unsigned. Contact me for pics and details.
Sarahsdad