PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LaDAINIAN TOMLINSON Chargers Un-Used Game Jersey Ebay

beantown
12-15-2007, 03:05 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220183776964&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

mvandor
12-15-2007, 05:00 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=220183776964&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=012

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

PSI has misrepresented items in the past that I'm aware of including a Marino "game issued" helmet I purchased from them. Without clear provenance I would be very skeptical of that jersey's origin. The Chargers are NOT loosey goosey with their equipment.

Eric
12-15-2007, 10:27 PM
It's being sold as issued.
I will try to contact some people at the chargers to see if they're aware that some issued items are being sold
None of the new style issued or worn jerseys have been for sale on the chargers.com website or nfl.com auctions.

The listing states "Incredible new style jersey fully customized and game ready for LT. We have other 2007 game used Chargers jerseys in the road white as well. This jersey is not game used. "

I would be interested in knowing what other 2007 chargers game used jerseys they have for sale.

I emailed him with a question- did the chargers do the customizing to this jersey, or if someone else did it, who is that person? I have not heard a response, but will update the forum when I get one.

This seller has recently sold many other properly tagged un-used game jerseys of stars from various teams recently.
Players for sale now or recently sold include
he is also selling on ebay un-used customized pro cut jerseys of
michael strahan
tiki barber
jeremy shockey
osi umenyiora
matt schaub
plaxico burress
tiki barber
osi umenyiora
michael strahan
santana moss
willis mcgahee
ed reed
jeremy shockey
tiki barber
michael strahan
jeremy shockey
tiki barber
larry johnson
michael strahan

mvandor
12-16-2007, 02:07 AM
I also emailed asking them about provenance but neglected to inquire about the game used whites they mentioned. So far no reply.

Would be interested in what you hear back.

steeltownjerseys
12-16-2007, 08:21 AM
I'm sure it's a legit game issued jersey but I'm shocked to see LT would wear a 52.
Als, I'm shocked to see what people are willing to pay for an un worn jersey...wow!

mvandor
12-16-2007, 10:25 AM
I'm sure it's a legit game issued jersey but I'm shocked to see LT would wear a 52.
Als, I'm shocked to see what people are willing to pay for an un worn jersey...wow!

Seriously doubt that LT wears a 52 (several people here have NFL.com sold LT jerseys that are 46 or 48 as I recall) and suspect that the seller is playing loose with their definition of the term "game issued" as so often occurs out there. Suspect "game cut" would be the correct term. Sadly, NOT so surprised someone would get duped and bid absurd dollars, that happens all the time it seems.

Definitely interested in what we hear back on the supposed game used road whites...

beantown
12-16-2007, 12:42 PM
I have also contacted the seller to ask specific questions about the LT jersey, but no response. Has anyone received a response from him?

clinton2828
12-16-2007, 01:11 PM
i know there are many chargers fan on this baord, but it seems many time there is a chargers item in auction or ebay it is deemed to not be authentic and many forum members go out of there way more for chargers items than any other to prove they are not real.

mav,

LT dose sport a size 52 i think with so many thread on LT jerseys you would know that by now.

mvandor
12-16-2007, 09:56 PM
i know there are many chargers fan on this baord, but it seems many time there is a chargers item in auction or ebay it is deemed to not be authentic and many forum members go out of there way more for chargers items than any other to prove they are not real.

mav,

LT dose sport a size 52 i think with so many thread on LT jerseys you would know that by now.

Search and you'll see RKGibson and Eric have ones from NFL Auctions - sizes 48 and 50, not 52.

Eric
12-16-2007, 11:30 PM
I received a response this morning from Bernie, the seller of the un-used tomlinson jersey. Here is the entire email posted here with his permission...

Dear Eric:

In regards to the 2007 white game used Chargers jerseys I have one currently which is unwashed and another which I will be getting from the last game of this season unwashed whenever that may be for San Diego. I have had a relationship for the past 3 years with a current Charger through a marketing deal we executed for him and have been able to get another of his teammates jerseys as well. They are in my personal collection unless my price is met, if not I keep them. Never in my right mind would I offer or sell one of these to you publicly.

Onto the LT jersey. Are you suggesting/accusing I found the matching number and letter fonts, tagging, sleeves, neck swatch and tail for a 2007 Chargers new style jersey and customized it with Tomlinson #21 just to sell it as an unused game jersey? That is beyond absurd. You can't possibly concoct that up even in light of your continued agenda.

Jerseys are sold on eBay often as un-used, game issued, game ready, etc. I understand you are relatively new to the hobby but you need to understand a jersey with lineman cut sleeves can't possibly be customized. They come directly to the teams cut in such a way. There are many others who sell game jerseys on eBay like Robocop for example who are doing nothing wrong nor misrepresenting items yet you and your few friends will always email me to start something up for a little excitement. If you have better suggestions on how to list a game issued/un-used/ready jersey please let me know. If it is with merit I will consider changing my language in the listing. If not I will continue to represent my items just as they are.

If you would like to share this with others please properly post the entire email, not snippets.

Thank you, Bernie

- prosportsinvestments

mvandor
12-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Eric, we all know there are poor relations between Bernie and GUU, obvious as heck by his attitude in his reply. At least you got one, I never have. What is your take on the size? The jersey picks you and RKGibson posted I dug up were 48's and 50's.

Do you have any input on the particulars of this jersey?

ldavis2261
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Take a look at the width of the name plate. The real jersey falls at least an inch inside the numbers on both sides. Bernies falls well outside the numbers. Now we know why he is selling it on ebay. It would never pass to go into an auction. There is no way this is made for a team.

ldavis2261
12-21-2007, 05:14 PM
i

kingjammy24
12-21-2007, 06:32 PM
here's a comparison. what do you think is causing it? are the numbers too close together? are the letters too far apart? personally i think the "O" on the chargers pics looks thinner. the spatial difference is substantial but it's hard to tell what's causing it.

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/3258/sillypa6.jpg

rudy.

both-teams-played-hard
12-22-2007, 12:11 AM
Players for sale now or recently sold include
he is also selling on ebay un-used customized pro cut jerseys of
michael strahan
tiki barber
jeremy shockey
osi umenyiora
matt schaub
plaxico burress
tiki barber
osi umenyiora
michael strahan
santana moss
willis mcgahee
ed reed
jeremy shockey
tiki barber
michael strahan
jeremy shockey
tiki barber
larry johnson
michael strahan

I don't follow pro football too closely...but aren't all these players stars, starters or semi-stars? Can't they mix in a scrub here or there? Nice work if you can get it. The LT's at $1,200 now. The aqua durene Dolphins sold for $2,200. Could this LT go for more? Don't make no sense.

NFLJerseyCollector
12-22-2007, 07:19 AM
I couldn't stop reading the post all you people type in.

Bernie is 1 big B/S (A Liar).
I called him up the other day, asking him what other jersey he has, he said he has Merriman, Urlacher and Carson Palmer.

I ask him what's the year and size tag say, he reply with 05-46 tagging.
I ask him for some picture, he reply with a I'm too busy right now-call me after the holiday's over.

2 things that got me upset was he lie and he lie again.

The first thing is, I can't recall seeing a Urlacher jersey that is a size 46 on a 2005 or 2006 year jersey only 05-50, I have a 06-50 game-used jersey but i want a 2005 year jersey.

The second thing is how hard or how long does it take to get a few picture of the jersey, well maybe the JERK doesn't go an extra mile for anyone, or even maybe he has enough money to pass up any Sale, it sures seems that way.

mvandor
12-22-2007, 10:28 AM
Take a look at the width of the name plate. The real jersey falls at least an inch inside the numbers on both sides. Bernies falls well outside the numbers. Now we know why he is selling it on ebay. It would never pass to go into an auction. There is no way this is made for a team.
You nailed it with the nameplate width, I had missed that and couldn't find other discrepancies, as I'm sure the bidders couldn't. Difficult to place trust in PSI or its owner as bad sales like this, or misrepresentations of items, continue to accrue. Further, a 'game used' or 'game issued' seller that also sells 'game cut' copies does inherently make you wonder.

It appears to be like my LT helmet, a VERY good knockoff that you REALLY have to put under a microscope to catch.

My only disagreement with your post is 90% of the auction houses WOULD have taken it and slapped a Sweet Lou LOA on it. In a heartbeat.

nyjetsfan14
12-22-2007, 11:01 AM
You nailed it with the nameplate width, I had missed that and couldn't find other discrepancies, as I'm sure the bidders couldn't...It appears to be like my LT helmet, a VERY good knockoff that you REALLY have to put under a microscope to catch.

Obviously I will be putting myself out of favor with those football gamer experts who seem to be infatuated with PSI but here it goes: the description indicates it is an LT "game issued" jersey but some have noticed a different length nameplate? We should understand that when these jerseys are made by the team for a player that they are not coming out of a computer and tend to vary a bit. Not every jersey is going to be exactly identical. For instance when the Jets were selling gamers on their web site I called and inquired about some players. The Jets had multiple jerseys of certain players available (all used in a game), most varying in size, wear, specifications/customizations, etc... Weather conditions, player preference for that particular week, etc...are just a couple of the factors for some differences. Just because you notice a slight difference in a jersey that LT was wearing in a game as compared to a team issued piece that never made it to the field does not make it a "fake" or the seller a "fraud." I am not defending anyone, just making a point for all the detectives out there. If I don't like or feel comfortable with an item I just don't bid.

gamewornauthentics
12-22-2007, 03:45 PM
jets,

i agree with you 100% , these jersey are not made by computers and they do vary from time to time and that dose not make them "fake" or not "real". if it was a game worn jersey i am all for a jersey showing the correct use and matching hit marks with game photos 100%.

but if a jersey is being sold as team issued, like this tomlinson jesey is i agree that even though the name plate dose not match 1000000000% to a T, despite everyting else on the jersey being correct i think to say its "fake" is not fair. especially when it is just a fraction off on the placement of the name plate, if it is the wrong font thats another story but thats not the case.

after reading many posts i do sense a sense of jeliously from time to time and people go out of there way to discredit items which i think shoud be addressed, especially chargers items. no one here is on the chargers equipment staff as much as they may wish and despite who knows who from where on the chargers, you cant tell me that they would say every jersey the team gets for a player is 10000% exactly the same in every single way.

i think this forum has done some good and some bad and which is why i held off on posting for a while. i do apperciate the work people such as rudy puts into authenticating game worn items and he should be commened,but team issued items cant be authenticated to the same standard game worn items are plain and simple.

gamewornauthentics
12-22-2007, 03:55 PM
nfljersey collecotr,

in response to you i think he knows when people are calling him just to get a rise and i would not send pictures just to anyone of any of my game worn items for many reasons such as security (dont want it to be stolen), this forum -a pic is posted and everyone goes out of there way to pick it apart especially a jersey comming from psi, despite his track record i still dont think he can get a "fair trial" if you know what i mean on this forum.

i would not send a pic of a jersey to anyone else i could sense a serious intrest to buy it or if i even wanted to sell it to begin with. i also would not pass any pics of my game worn items around because i know mine are real and i dont want others with little knoledge trying to discredit it or even use my shirt to authenticate other shirts.

this forum as shown that even pictures alone of real game worn jersey have big $$$$ value imo.

mvandor
12-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Mods, I think a comparison of the above two posters IP #'s would be in order. Me thinks a PSI shill is talking to himself, too similar in style.

This is the first year the Chargers have used these new jerseys, there would only have been a limited supply of LT's prepared for the season you would think. You'd also think they were likely prepared at the same time which would lead one to believe the nameplates would be consistent, not all over the place.

I challenge these/this poster to find ONE Getty image matching the nameplate on the PSI jersey.

gamewornauthentics
12-22-2007, 05:05 PM
mvador,

please go ahead and compare the ip's i have no intrest or relationship with psi.

heck i understand that psi has a shakey track record !

"there would only have been a limited supply of LT's prepared for the season you would think"

again mavador, you are just guessing and have no proff of that and i think that type of statement is not fair to even make,

gamewornauthentics
12-22-2007, 05:13 PM
mvador

"I challenge these/this poster to find ONE Getty image matching the nameplate on the PSI jersey."

again your missing it , it is not fair to compare a pic of a game worn jersey to a team issued jersey. i understand your point it should match up if it is team issued but i think to dismiss a jersey with such a little diffrence is not enough grounds to say a jersey is not real in this case..

mvador,
what proof do you have that every single jersey made for a player on a tema including team issued jerseys are 100% the same in every single way?

i think in a case like this like anything else you bid based on a sellers reputation and for psi they dont have a good rep on this board or with most high paying buyers so my point is not to defend psi but to defened team issued jerseys from being held ot the same standard of gw jersey and the some times extensive mesaures many take on this board with little proof to start to discredit a jersey.

such as a suggestion to "track an ip address"

both-teams-played-hard
12-22-2007, 06:00 PM
i also would not pass any pics of my game worn items around because i know mine are real and i dont want others with little knoledge trying to discredit it or even use my shirt to authenticate other shirts.

How can your real game worn items be discredited? I mean they're real, right?

Eric
12-22-2007, 06:07 PM
mvador,

please go ahead and compare the ip's i have no intrest or relationship with psi.

gamewornauthentics
you have the same ip addresses (2 of them) as user clinton2828

also, you did not register with a valid first and last name. so you will not be allowed to post from this account.
please explain

ChrisCavalier
12-22-2007, 06:56 PM
gamewornauthentics

also, you did not register with a valid first and last name. so you will not be allowed to post from this account.
please explain
Hello Eric,

As an FYI, I actually sent gamewornauthentics an email about an hour before your post welcoming him to the site but also letting him know he has 24 hours to update his account with a valid first and last name or the account will be suspended until the information is provided.

Regards,
Chris

kingjammy24
12-22-2007, 07:26 PM
We should understand that when these jerseys are made by the team for a player that they are not coming out of a computer and tend to vary a bit. Not every jersey is going to be exactly identical.

i agree that anomalies exist. however, how do you know whether an anomaly is "legit" (ie: geninely occurred) or whether the anomaly is due to more sinister reasons (ie: some local fraudster screwed up)? there are anomalies that i know and accept because i've seen evidence of their occurance on the playing field. if you haven't seen any evidence whatsoever, then why accept it? you have to draw the line somewhere and devise some standards. you can't simply say anything goes. if there was a size 38 jersey with "tomlonsin" on the back, you wouldn't simply say "hey, anomalies happen. it's not necessarily fake". there are a very limited amount of games played in a single nfl season. at this point, the majority of 2007 games are all on getty. if we're talking about a 2007 tomlinson jersey, it's overwhelmingly likely that if it's not seen on getty then it probably didn't happen. if a single image can be produced showing tomlinson playing with a nob that extends beyond the numbers then everyone would immediately accept this as a legit anomaly. until that time, it's unsubstantiated and atypical and i don't see why anyone would have any faith.

rudy.

The Titan
01-09-2008, 05:44 AM
gamewornauthentics

please explain

WOW! Good call Mvandor. :D

nyjetsfan14
01-09-2008, 09:18 AM
WOW! Good call Mvandor. :D

wow, you're quick

The Titan
01-09-2008, 10:40 PM
wow, you're quick

And some things are better left unsaid.