Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 3arod13
    • Apr 2006

Jose Canseco vs. Alex Rodriguez

Jose Canseco says he can't believe the one name missing from the Mitchell Report is Alex Rodriguez.

I think Canseco is jealous of Arod's natural ability.

Your thoughts?
    Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~
  • Yankwood
    • Nov 2005

Re: Jose Canseco vs. Alex Rodriguez

Originally posted by 3arod13
    Jose Canseco says he can't believe the one name missing from the Mitchell Report is Alex Rodriguez.

Your thoughts?
    My thoughts are not whether he did or not, but rather, how sad it is that we now have to sit and wonder or speculate as to who did and who didn't. When I see Fernando Vina's name come up, I think to myself,"Who didn't?" I hope Arod's clean, but if he isn't, at this point nothing surprises me. My feeling is that if every team had a strength coach under the lights, several hundred names would be on that list. By the way, how's that Cano glove of yours?

Comment

• kellsox
      • Jan 2006

People laughed at Jose when his book came out. It turned out a lot of what he said was true about steroid use and who was using. Who knows, maybe he has something on Arod

Comment

• Bondsgloves
        • Aug 2007

Why isn't AROD attacking Canseco? why is there not a slander lawsuit?
        If he wasn't a user and he has all this money, don't you think he would go after Canseco through litigation?

Canseco was 100% correct with everyone else he has named. Juan Gonzlaez, Tejada, McGwire, Boone, etc.

Its funny, Arod is a guy who only cares about his stats and his money, he would be a prime canidate for performance enhancements.

Do you really think that he has that much talent where he can put up those incredible power numbers that are better than all the users?

I personally believe he's a user.

Comment

• David
          • Sep 2024

Canseco is a goof no doubt, but one would be short sited (or player biased) to not listen seriously to what he has to say. Remember that Palmeiro threatened to sue Canseco until Palmeiro tested postitive for steroids.

Comment

• NYRangers
            • Jul 2006

I'm a Mets fan but if Canseco had dirt on Arod, why was it not in his first book? Why hold back perhaps the biggest name in his "tell-all" story? Something smells bad with this accusation.

Comment

• TNTtoys
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by NYRangers
              I'm a Mets fan but if Canseco had dirt on Arod, why was it not in his first book? Why hold back perhaps the biggest name in his "tell-all" story? Something smells bad with this accusation.
              Perhaps Jose wants to sell more books?!?! Let's say he wants to plant a seed in the public's minds by throwing out hints like this one... and somewhere down the road he releases the "sequal" to his book... people would be buying this one in droves to see if Arod is an "honorable mention." My 2 cents...
              Looking for ...
              Any Game Used Mets jerseys from 1986 and 1987
              Any Keith Hernandez, Ron Darling, Lee Mazzilli and John Olerud Mets items
              Email me at TNT_Toys@yahoo.com

Comment

• JasonM33
                • Oct 2006

Ha!

Comment

• 3arod13
                  • Apr 2006

Bingo! That's exactly what I was looking for. I agree 100%. There is no way you would leave a name like Alex Rodriguez out of the book! Just no way!
                  Regards, Tony

sigpic

~I'm sorry, I can't hear you....my World Series Ring is making too much NOISE! - Alex Rodriguez~

Comment

• 3arod13
                    • Apr 2006

Originally posted by JasonM33
                    Ha!
                    I'm still amazed how many people pat Jose Canseco on the back for telling all. If he did it while he was playing, and the sole purpose was that he didn't like it and wanted to clean baseball up, then I would also do the same. However, Jose did what he did because he was bitter, wanted to pay baseball back, and for the money.

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing bud the truth!
                    Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• 3arod13
                      • Apr 2006

I'm still amazed how many people pat Jose Canseco on the back for telling all. If he did it while he was playing, and the sole purpose was that he didn't like it and wanted to clean baseball up, then I would also do the same. However, Jose did what he did because he was bitter, wanted to pay baseball back, and for the money.

That's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing bud the truth!
                      Don't get me wrong. I'm glad everything has come out and baseball is cleaning up their act. However, I don't care much for how Canseco went about it and how many think he's so great for doing so.

For the reasons he did it, I'm not putting him on my shoulders and hold a parade for him.
                      Regards, Tony

sigpic

Comment

• cjclong
                        • Feb 2006

Canseco is one of those people you can't believe unless there is another source for what he says. People who say a person must be guilty if they don't sue someone for slander don't know how hard those law suits are to win even when a person is lying about you. Its very hard to prove you didn't do something. Its unfortunate that this steroid stuff is getting like the Salem witch trials where if someone said you were a witch you had the impossible task of proving you weren't. If Canseco had proof ARod used drugs it would have been in his first book. Now that he's trying to sell another one he's got to have "new" information. People won't buy the recycled stuff. We have a lot of crime in this country, but people are presumed innocent until there is evidence to convict them. It ought to be the same with allegations of drug use.

Comment

• suave1477
                          Banned
                          • Jan 2006

Bingo! That's exactly what I was looking for. I agree 100%. There is no way you would leave a name like Alex Rodriguez out of the book! Just no way!
                          No one said here unless im reading everyones posts wrong that "why did canseco leave arods name out".

Here is the most logical situations.

If AROD is clean - thats beautiful

Chances are though with the numbers he puts up he probably dabbled here and there - but then you can argue with he has been putting up high numbers since high school. Maybe when he was supposed to be eatting Laffy Taffy and Sugar Straws he was chewing on some pills who knows???

If Canseco does know something why would you put it in your first book and create speculkation then??? If you really wanted to blow him up wait till the shit really hits the fan put it in the publics mind and hint at AROD and then come out with a second book - Thats called smart marketing - I agree with TNT.

Why doesnt AROD sue, what for???? He's gonna waste his time chasing someone who at this point is not someone who can really do antyhing to him and then by suing Canseco would just draw press to the speculation of AROD using.

If AROD is a user and Mitchell knows chances are he left him out of the Report on purpose.
                          Remember AROD is the Golden Boy of Baseball, he is like Babe Ruth and Mickey Mantle, Ted Williams, - He is breaking just about every record and he is doing it in record time. He is just about going to surpass every hitters record there is and up until this point the public sincerely believes he is doing it on natural ability. Do you really think Mitchell would list AROD???? That would completley destroy Baseball and even Mitchell is smarter then that

Comment

• sylbry
                            • Nov 2005

Because he was saving it for his second book according to his bodyguard from his first book tour.
                            Wanted: Minnesota Twins throwback or special event jerseys.

Comment

• JETEFAN
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Yankwood
                              My thoughts are not whether he did or not, but rather, how sad it is that we now have to sit and wonder or speculate as to who did and who didn't. When I see Fernando Vina's name come up, I think to myself,"Who didn't?" I hope Arod's clean, but if he isn't, at this point nothing surprises me. My feeling is that if every team had a strength coach under the lights, several hundred names would be on that list. By the way, how's that Cano glove of yours?
                              Hey Yankwood, Looking at your "User Image" picture, you seem to have gotten much larger and "buffed" in a short period of time !! hmmmmm.....

Comment

Working...