PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Louisville Slugger!

momen55
12-17-2007, 12:30 PM
I Am Looking For A Model H176, 33" Inch, 30-31 Oz. This Is The Same Model Biggio Used. I Play Ball And Louisville Slugger Will Not Sell Me That Model. Anyway, Anyone Have One Or Know Someone With That Model Please Let Me Know. Thanks.

BMH
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
I really don't know how you're having such trouble ordering that bat. If you are a "Pro" player go to www.sluggerpro.com and enter your ID number. The H176 is one of our listed models on the site.

The H176 is also one of our store line models. You can go to the local Dicks, Sports Authority or any other box store and pick up a Pro Stock H176. It will have a silver handle and black barrel.

http://www.slugger.com/baseball/wood/mlbh176.html

momen55
12-18-2007, 05:35 PM
i want one with my name. i don't want to buy a generic like everyone else. i wanted one, then i was called that they couldn't sell me one but 3! and the site quotes the price for single piece order as well. that's bogus.

momen55
12-18-2007, 06:04 PM
i assume you work there? i spoke with tiffany and charlotte. tiffany told me that not even minor league players can get those bats. that those and those prices are offered ONLY to big league guys and agents.
i am not forcing them to sell me anything. if they want o run the business like that, so be it. i will just get them made from another maker. i doubt louisville slugger will loose sleep over it. if they don't want my money, someelse will take it.
if need be, i will buy one of those generic h176's and have someone dup it for me. if you have any suggestions, by all means, send them my way.

momen55
12-18-2007, 06:06 PM
oh, and again, the catalog nor the website say this, but they told me that if the team or league is not recognized by them, they don't sell bats to them.

BMH
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
All custom 1XX bats are sold in multiples of threes. The reason, the bats aren't made until you order them, we don't keep inventory. The standard 1XX you have to buy in multiples of fours.

It's hard to follow what you are writing but you said "we don't recognize your league". I really don't know what that means. If you have an Association of Professional Ball Players of America ID number you can enter our site and order.

As for other companies making our bats I'll help you out.

Freddy at Zinger is a good guy tell him Brian from LS sent you.
http://www.zingerbats.com/

Charles at Phoenix Bat company is good, he even has a CNC lathe like ours so the bats should be very similar. Tell him Brian from LS sent you.
http://www.phoenixbats.com/

Brad Scott at Ironwood bats also makes a nice bat. Tell him Brian from LS sent you.
http://www.ironwoodbats.com/

I hope this helps and good luck

momen55
12-19-2007, 01:05 PM
i was told by tiffany that they don't sell bats to south coast league players. that that league is not on there list to sell bats to. and again, she told me that the site is only for big league guys and agents. i don't know what is going on over there but i sure don't like there way of doing business.
nothing against you, but something is not right.

momen55
12-19-2007, 01:22 PM
they don't have that h176 model. and if they make it, it is going to cost twice as much as ls model.

momen55
12-26-2007, 01:11 PM
i can't believe i haven't received any help on this.

nate
12-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Momen55,

First you asked where you can get a H176 model bat. Which BMH pointed you in the direction to get one.

But you want one with your name, so BMH offered 3 places you might be able to order one. One of the places can do it but it will cost more.

I'm confused as to why you say you haven't received any help and why this is even an issue on the forum. Just to be helpful you could also try Marucci bats, but I didn't see the H176.

Nate

momen55
12-28-2007, 02:35 PM
everyone wants at least double to make that model because they don't carry it and would have to change lathe programs to make it. i guess i will find a local woodsmith and have him turn some for me.
a company not wanting to sell their product is weird to me; refering to LS.

BMH
12-29-2007, 01:44 PM
I was doing really good and even wrote a proper response to your post. Unfortunately, the forums logged me off and I lost my post. So now, I’m not real happy about having to retype this so forgive me if it seems a little short.

I still don’t see the problem; we sell the model you request in the length and weight that you want. I’m sorry it won’t have your name on it nor will it be in the color you want but we do have reasons why only offer select models and colors to the public.

1. We are the largest supplier of wood bats in America and most likely the world. We control close to 70% of the wood bat market, which is a lot of wood. At the top of the heap is the MLB player. In our company they are who come first…period. We cut down “X” amount of wood each season for making bats; we make sure that we have enough timber in the correct weights for the MLB player. So we only offer select models to the general public. It wouldn’t look good if I used all my 90oz. timber on an order for you and told Derek Jeter his was on hold…

2. We made 75,000 professional baseball bats last season. That is a lot of bats considering the largest order we received was for 72 bats (ty Pudge). During the rest of the year orders usually come in quantities of twelve. That is a lot of different names, teams, colors, weights, lengths, and models. We already run two shifts and plan on adding more people to second, yes we’re that busy. If we were to open our vault of 4000+ models to the public, well, there isn’t enough time in the day to make all those bats. The collectors alone would crush us with requests J

3. If Charlotte and Tiffany say we don’t sell to that league, then we don’t sell to that league. They are the two that take the orders and deal with the players, agents and equipment managers everyday. I don’t envy their job, I know it’s not easy and I wouldn’t want it. My job is to execute their orders on the factory floor. So sorry, I can’t help you especially if you keep complaining about my company on a public forum.

Brian Hillerich
Pro Bat Coordinator
Hillerich & Bradsby Co.
Louisville Slugger