PDA

View Full Version : Sportswarehouse question

admin
11-18-2005, 02:49 AM
Sportswarehouse question

May 27 2005 at 4:56 PM Bryan (sylbry@hotmail.com) (Login sylbry (http://www.network54.com/Profile/sylbry))

I bought a Jack Morris Indians jersey from Sportswarehouse in Oregon a couple of years back. The tagging is "92". I was told it was a leftover from that year and was used by Morris in spring training in 1994. It does have the "purchased from Cleveland Indians" stamp on it.

After reading this board for a while I got some tips on how to spot a real gamer. I held it to the light and looked inside. To my surprise there is evidense of a the jersey being number 27 at one point in time.

So my question is how reliable is Sportswarehouse and would it be likely that a 1992 jersey was kept until 1994 and then used? If I knew then what I know know I probobly would have not purchased it but it is too late for that. Just holding on to hope that it could still be a game worn Jack Morris jersey.

By the way, the size is a 48 with 2" extra body length if anyone happens to know Jack's jersey size.

sandman87
11-19-2005, 03:44 PM
I have only dealt with Sports Warehouse on one occassion and things couldn't have gone better. I purchased a game used Jason Bay Portland Beavers Jersey right at the beginning of his rookie year. I had a chance to meet Jason a few months later and showed him the Jersey. First he was really excited to see it because he didn't think anyone had it. He stated that the Jersey was indeed his and proceeded to sign the jersey adding a game used inscription. Fantastic transaction.
Thanks
Scott