PDA

View Full Version : Dallas Cowboy Jersey Tagging Help Needed

cohibasmoker
12-21-2007, 04:12 PM
Hello Forum members,

I just picked up a Cowboys blue road jersey and was wondering if the tag on the jersey is a retail tag or a tag that was exclusive on Cowboys team-issued game worn items?

Although the tag identifies the jersey from 1993, also present on the front of the jersey is the NFL 75th Anniversary patch that was worn by all NFL teams in 1994.

The jersey shows good use with cracking on the heat-pressed numbers. No nameplate is on the back of the jersey. I'll leave the player number out just to see what imput, if any, is offered.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jim

RKGIBSON
12-21-2007, 05:59 PM
I have not seen that kind of tag a Cowboy game used jersey. I am not saying that ours is not possible.
Sorry, I do not have a close up, this is the best picture I have. I take more detailed pictures now. I bought four 94 jerseys years ago from the team and this is one of them. They all had the same tagging.
I do seem to remember seeing that type on a Giant jersey that I got from Meigray about the same time.

Roger

EndzoneSports
12-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Hello Forum members,
I just picked up a Cowboys blue road jersey and was wondering if the tag on the jersey is a retail tag or a tag that was exclusive on Cowboys team-issued game worn items?
Although the tag identifies the jersey from 1993, also present on the front of the jersey is the NFL 75th Anniversary patch that was worn by all NFL teams in 1994.
The jersey shows good use with cracking on the heat-pressed numbers. No nameplate is on the back of the jersey. I'll leave the player number out just to see what imput, if any, is offered.
Any help would be appreciated,
Jim

Jim:

Unless mistaken, this is indeed the tagging style used for authentic Cowboys Apex jerseys in '93. Yours was likely carried over for use in the '94 season, which necessitated the addition of the 75th anniversary patch. The tagging style on the '94 issue shown by Roger was used in that season as well as in '96.

Best regards,

cohibasmoker
12-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Pat and RK,

Thanx so much for the info. I tried to keep the info to a mininum because of the player involved. The jersey shows very nice wear and for a Troy Aikman jersey, the info was very nice news indeed.

Jim