PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Stage/concert used guitars OT

metsbats
12-21-2007, 08:19 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Van-Halen-EVH-Art-Series-Guitar-225_W0QQitemZ180196567109QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2384QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OT but I could help compare this to MLB players marketing their game used equipment.

Interesting stage concert used Eddie Van Halen guitars with photo -matches!

David

byergo
12-21-2007, 10:04 PM
What would be sweeter than Eddie Van Halen's "axe" hanging on your wall? Sweet!

cohibasmoker
12-22-2007, 08:18 AM
What would be sweeter than Eddie Van Halen's "axe" hanging on your wall? Sweet!

How about a Jimmy Buffett guitar that was used in the Sports Illustrated photo shoot? It was signed by Jimmy and all of the models in the swimsuit edition. That baby went for $33,000.

I own 1 on only 168 Jimmy Buffett signed Martin guitars and simply would not part with it. Just make a Mojito, sit down and play away.

Jim

John in KY
12-27-2007, 03:35 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Eddie-Van-Halen-EVH-Art-Series-Guitar-225_W0QQitemZ180196567109QQihZ008QQcategoryZ2384QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

OT but I could help compare this to MLB players marketing their game used equipment.

Interesting stage concert used Eddie Van Halen guitars with photo -matches!

David

I'm new to the game used forums, but I've been around the guitar on-line community for about 10 years now, so I know quite a bit about these. Through his current equipment deal with Fender, Eddie puts these out during their tours. Fender through their Charvel subsidiary sends him bodies painted with the base coat. He stripes them and send them back to Charvel for additional painting and assembly. EVH plays them at a concert stop and auctions them off.

He also did this during Van Halen's 2004 tour with Sammy Hagar on vocals, but they only did the "traditional" 3 color schemes: white with black strips, black with yellow stripes, and the "frankenstrat" red with white and black stripes.

These aren't to be confused with the 100 "reliced" Frankenstrats Fender put out earlier this year at $25K apiece.

John in KY
12-27-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm new to the game used forums, but I've been around the guitar on-line community for about 10 years now, so I know quite a bit about these. Through his current equipment deal with Fender, Eddie puts these out during their tours. Fender through their Charvel subsidiary sends him bodies painted with the base coat. He stripes them and send them back to Charvel for additional painting and assembly. EVH plays them at a concert stop and auctions them off.

He also did this during Van Halen's 2004 tour with Sammy Hagar on vocals, but they only did the "traditional" 3 color schemes: white with black strips, black with yellow stripes, and the "frankenstrat" red with white and black stripes.

These aren't to be confused with the 100 "reliced" Frankenstrats Fender put out earlier this year at $25K apiece.

Well I just found out you can't edit posts over here. I forgot to mention that these are, in fact, photo matched. That is part of the package. More info here, but the photo gallery is way out of date; I think all but the last photo is from 2004. However, the "building" gallery appears to be from 2007 based on EVH's post-rehab short hair:

http://www.evh-guitars.com/