PDA

View Full Version : Missing Rawlings flag tags - a possible explanation

kingjammy24
02-10-2006, 06:57 PM
Occasionally, I'll bump into an 80's/early 90's Rawlings jersey that's missing a flag tag. I believe one explanation as to why some of them are missing the flag tag is because the flag tag has been removed in order to doctor up other jerseys.

However, another possible explanation has just occurred to me. While looking at a ton of Rawlings tags, a pattern started to make itself apparent. It seemed that the majority of Rawlings tags without a flag tag happened to have strip tagging. I've seen Rawlings tags with only flag tags, with flag tags AND strip tags, with only strip tags, and with no tags. The majority of tags without flag tags though seemed to have strip tags.

This made me wonder if Rawlings intentionally omitted the flag tag on jerseys that they knew would be getting a strip tag? (Because they felt it was redundant to show a year and set when it would be shown by the strip tag). Just a theory that I'm throwing out there. I fully realize that many Rawlings jerseys exist with both flag tags and strip tags. Perhaps this just indicates that Rawlings wasn't consistant with the practice. Maybe someone has some insight or ideas.

http://img445.imageshack.us/img445/3224/rrr5kk.jpg

Rudy.

cohibasmoker
02-11-2006, 07:56 AM
It’s always made me wonder, why does tagging variations only exist on Star or Super-Star jerseys but stay pretty much consistent of bat-boy or common jerseys?

cohibasmoker
02-11-2006, 07:57 AM
It’s always made me wonder, why does tagging variations only exist on Star or Super-Star jerseys but stay pretty much consistent of bat-boy on common jerseys?.