I am a big fan of Jay Bruce and would love to see some of his game used stuff

chakes89
12-27-2007, 08:51 PM
anybody

somebody has to have something of Jay's

I dont care what it is

brianborsch
12-28-2007, 05:53 AM
OK you asked for it. I know you are not interested in this item, but it is a GU item of Jay bruce.

It is a GU baseball, which is MLB Authenticated, and just happens to be the actual ball that Jay Bruce hit for a triple in this year's Futures game off of pitcher Carlos Carrasco in the 2nd inning . It was Jay Bruce's only hit of the game, and was very close to a home run as it bounced off the right side wall area back onto the field. If it was a little more to the left it would have been a homer. It was the most hard/exciting hit of the game. To see Jay stretch that out into a triple was amazing. Probably one of his most exciting hits in his career.

The ball shows scuff marks from coming off the brick wall, and also shows dirt skid marks from then skidding off into the warning track and then into the OFer's glove.

The fact that it has the mlb authentication which states: who hit it, what kind of hit it was, who pitched it, in what inning, and the date and title of the game makes this ball a pretty sweet collectible (if you are a Jay Bruce fan or not). Enjoy!

chakes89
12-28-2007, 11:20 PM
I have interest now that I have seen it.

Shoot me an email at chakes89@yahoo.com with a price and more pics if you are still looking to get rid of it

brianborsch
12-29-2007, 01:14 PM
Well, as of recent I wasn't thinking about selling as I started to make plans to display it (especially with those 2007 Bowman Futures game cards out now) as Bruce is going to be a good one.

How much would you pay for it?

Brian B

chakes89
12-31-2007, 02:06 AM
No more than $50

brianborsch
12-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Well thats a no-brainer for me. I paid around $100 for it. So I will keep it and display it with the new 2007 Bowman Futures Game card of Jay Bruce and Carlos Carrasco. Its going to be fun creating that piece!

BB