PDA

View Full Version : Official helmet of the NFL...

TheKobeCollection
12-26-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey guys,

I've tried searching for this throughout the web but am not able to find info on it. Who is the current official helmet supplier of the NFL...Riddell? If so, does this mean that ALL players must wear Riddell or can they wear other brands such as Schutt?

I figure it is Riddell but after seeing certain players wear what looks to be a Schutt helmet, now I am not so sure...see Tony Romo's helmet below for example.

Thanks.

http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/77972135.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF1936ED6F4FE2F3F40DC525AD08AB5FCA865

jayt1234
12-27-2007, 10:09 AM
The official supplier of helmets in the NFL is in fact Riddell...And even they are somewhat limited as to how much of there logo can be shown...They are allowed only a decal on the front bumper and there logo on the rear bumper must be covered by a team specific logo decal...Players are allowed to wear Schutt helmets, and many do, but they cannot show any branding at all...The front bumper is usually covered by a team specific decal, but the Cowboys are one of the few teams (maybe the only) that leave this blank....Many of the chinstraps players use are also other brands (mostly Adams) where the straps are either left blank or rebranded as Riddell also.

Jay

John in KY
12-27-2007, 03:01 PM
...The front bumper is usually covered by a team specific decal, but the Cowboys are one of the few teams (maybe the only) that leave this blank....Jay

Hi all; new to this board. I don't know if I'm going to get into collecting or not, so I registered. However, I have been following uniforms, etc. for years and am found on places like Paul Lukas' UniWatch and other uniform/logo cites.

I can add that there are a couple of teams besides the Cowboys who do not put a logo on their Schutt or Adams helmet front bumpers - the Steelers and Chiefs also go without. In addition, the Steelers and Chiefs leave the rear bumpers of their Riddell helmets blank - putting no team wordmarks on the helmets at all. Up until last year the Giants also left their Schutt and Adams helmets front bumpers blank, but they have been using a small "ny" logo since 2006.

TheKobeCollection
12-27-2007, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the info, guys. Much appreciated.