PDA

View Full Version : devin hester- ebay

lund6771
12-26-2007, 10:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Devin-Hester-Chicago-Bears-game-used-worn-jersey-Rookie_W0QQitemZ270197996476QQihZ017QQcategoryZ868 29QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

what do you guys think of this one?..contacted seller a week or so ago with questions but never got a response...

seller is discrediting his own item by offering pictures of Hester in game action...on the back of the jersey he is offering the numbers are flat on top when they should be much more rounded...

I thought it might be the angle from which the picture was shot...but there is also a picture of the front of the jersey, from the same angle, which shows how the numbers should be rounded

no loa from Game Exclusives, and no mention of a team loa...so why was this graded an A10 by Mears?...

from the lack of response from the seller, and the item still up for sale, he must not care that there are issues with this jersey

NFLJerseyCollector
12-27-2007, 08:47 AM
Hey there lund6771,

This Devin Hester Jersey that your probably wondering about still.

That is a Real Chicago Bears Jersey of Devin Hester.

Your probably asking how can i be sure, well i have a Brian Urlacher Game worn Jersey from 2006 season.

Need more proof, The proof is in the 5 of the 7 pictures the seller has taken, not the picture of hester himself.

Picture of the back of the jersey tell me alot.
Picture of the front of the jersey confirmed it.
and Close up Picture with Hester Autograph "Nail The Door Shut".

Why is the Numbers on top is Flat, Well he lay the jersey on the wood floor (probably too stinky and Dirty for the kitchen countertop) and snap a few lousy picture of the Jersey without making it look nice and straight, and stretch out leaving no part of the fabric laying oven the other.

The Seller is asking way too much for the Jersey, but if your a Big Time Hester Fan What's stopping You.

NFLJerseyCollector
12-27-2007, 08:53 AM
Almost Forgot,

Some seller are like "If you can't tell the difference you shouldn't be owning one".

lund6771
12-27-2007, 09:50 AM
NFLCollector, I received a response from seller this morning almost identical to your post...you are awefully defensive of the this jersey...are you the seller?

my concern was that the top of the numbers, in the picture, of the back of the jersey appeared to be flat...I thought that it was perhaps the angle of the camera, but there was also a picture of the front of the jersey which showed the numbers to be ROUNDED FROM THE SAME ANGLE!!!!...understand the concern?

I think that the statement you make that "If you can't tell the difference, you shouldn't be owning one" is one of the most idiotic statements I've ever heard...I collect players that I WANT to collect, not because I can tell that if it is or is not real...

can you please enlighten us all how you can tell by looking at these pictures that it is 100% the real deal?...I'm not an expert in modern day jerseys, but I do know that there are a ton of pro-cuts out there that are being sold as game used...I also know that the Bears had an agreement with Game Exclusives...to me an inscription is as valuable as a Lampson LOA since anyone with a pen and a hand can add this...

otismalibu
12-27-2007, 12:49 PM
Hey lund6771,

Shoot me an email.

otismalibu@yahoo.com

NFLJerseyCollector
12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
lund6771,

No ,I am not the seller of the Hester Jersey.

I'm not here to defend any one, but I do defend the things I say about the jersey.

I said,"Some sellers thinks that way when it comes to an items like the one listed on ebay", Not me thinking that way.

Why you still concern about the flat on the top of the numbers, Well the layer of blue fabric (right below the name plate) is covering the rounded part of the numbers, which is making it look flat, it doesn't need a different angle, just some better close-up picture, Now do you understand?

NFLJerseyCollector
12-27-2007, 04:54 PM
No one can tell if its game-used without visual close-up inspection of the jersey, but i can tell you (from the pictures) that its a real game issue jersey made by Ripon Athletic for the Chicago Bears.

lund6771
12-27-2007, 05:24 PM
NFLCollector...

maybe your screen blows up the pictures of the Hester bigger than mine, because it is difficult to for me to see the #'s on the back covered up by the jersey...

If the numbers are rounded at the top, then it helps the cause...but I still don't understand how this would receive an A10 vs an A5...

this jersey obviously isn't something that was purchased at the local Sportmart, but what differentiates this jersey from the thousands of pro-cuts out there that are tagged right?...We've seen all of the Steelers and Patriots jerseys out there, and know that there is no way that they were all worn, but they are tagged correctly...aren't they?...

if this jersey came from Game Exclusives, that would be a different story...thats provenance, but I don't consider an inscription as provenance...too easy to forge

5kRunner
12-27-2007, 06:04 PM
NFLCollector,

Please explain what you mean by this:

Picture of the back of the jersey tell me alot.
Picture of the front of the jersey confirmed it.
and Close up Picture with Hester Autograph "Nail The Door Shut".What specifically about this jersey assures you it is a jersey made for Hester?

treasurechest collectibles
12-28-2007, 01:04 AM
Im gonna take a wild guess and say that nfljerseycollector is the seller of the jersey. :rolleyes: No need to get offensive and no need to blow up words the size of california to get your point across. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

Ozric
12-28-2007, 10:35 PM
There are a few prior threads regarding the credibility of this seller. Just search under masauctions and msauctions and you will find them.

The Titan
12-29-2007, 08:32 AM
Im gonna take a wild guess and say that nfljerseycollector is the seller of the jersey. :rolleyes: No need to get offensive and no need to blow up words the size of california to get your point across. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?

I concur. There is too much question on this jersey and post. Be careful lund6771, I'd save your money for a for sure one.

NFLJerseyCollector
12-29-2007, 10:22 PM
5kRunner,
Every few years teams changed something about their jersey for a reason, for what reason i not sure, but for the '06 hester jersey, I see things on that jersey (just from the pic) you don't realized, why is it a A10 from mears i can care less.
And no i'm not going into details on what i see, call me a fake, i can care less on what you think, I see the jersey being real but you all will be thinking was that a real one.
I wish there was a Butt-Load of people like you all (Don't know Jack), we (I know Jack) would saved alot of money from the real stuff.

Treasurechestcollectibles,
I am not the seller of the Hester jersey, i don't even have a seller account on Ebay.

The Titan,
Your right on one thing, telling lund6771 to save his money, because that hester jersey isn't even worth half that much.

Folks i don't care if anyone buy that hester jersey, it's not mine, i don't get money from it.

The truth is, I don't want anyone to paid for a jersey like that for that much money (Ripoff).

If one dumb person buys a jersey for that ridiculos price, then more sellers will ask for a bigger price tag than what it is really worth.

dwolfe12345
12-29-2007, 11:22 PM
Anyone notice all the Devin Hester game used shoes on Ebay? I think there is 4 pairs on there right now.

5kRunner
12-31-2007, 01:59 PM
NFLJerseyCollector,
I thought this site was about helping other collectors. You seem to be adamant that this jersey is real from what you see on the pics, but won't say what that is. This jersey is out of my price range, but I am a Bears fan and would love to own a jersey (of anyone) one day. So I'm just trying to educate myself a little so I'm not like the "butt-load" of people that "don't know jack".

Thanks for nothing.

Funny how you have 10 posts, 8 of which are defending this seller's jerseys.

The Titan
12-31-2007, 05:18 PM
Hey Scott,

If you're looking for Bears gamers/team issued jerseys hit me up at john_bevers@hotmail.com

I have a couple friends who have tons, and one who is selling a few right now.

John

NFLJerseyCollector
12-31-2007, 08:02 PM
5kRunner,

This site is about helping others, but how can you expect help if you think one is a fake and a liar.
How can you expect to educate yourself, if you have doubts about the other guys knowledge.
How can you expect the other guy (me) to spit-it all out, if you and possibly others are taking cheap shots at me, like i am the seller of the jersey and 8 of 10 posts are defending the sellers jersey.

How do you think that makes me feel.

It seems to me no matter what i say, giving you info or not, you'll still think i'm a fake, or possibly saying how can i (me) see that just from the pic, Bull/S.

Maybe you should take up on Titan's offer, but be aware that there are alot of fake game issue bears jersey out there with the looks, cut and tagging that looks too Real but they are not game issue or even been on the team's ordering list for the manufacturer, players wear the good stuff.

JunkYardDogs5450
01-01-2008, 05:44 AM
Hey John.
Happy New years!

I am looking for Bears jerseys. Hit me up brother! What do you think about that Moon. Game issued? Retail?

Hey Scott,

If you're looking for Bears gamers/team issued jerseys hit me up at john_bevers@hotmail.com

I have a couple friends who have tons, and one who is selling a few right now.

John

mvandor
01-01-2008, 11:26 PM
5kRunner,

This site is about helping others, but how can you expect help if you think one is a fake and a liar.
How can you expect to educate yourself, if you have doubts about the other guys knowledge.
How can you expect the other guy (me) to spit-it all out, if you and possibly others are taking cheap shots at me, like i am the seller of the jersey and 8 of 10 posts are defending the sellers jersey.

How do you think that makes me feel.

It seems to me no matter what i say, giving you info or not, you'll still think i'm a fake, or possibly saying how can i (me) see that just from the pic, Bull/S.

Maybe you should take up on Titan's offer, but be aware that there are alot of fake game issue bears jersey out there with the looks, cut and tagging that looks too Real but they are not game issue or even been on the team's ordering list for the manufacturer, players wear the good stuff.
Prob is you provide no details, just poor english backing of a jersey sans any useful info.

5kRunner
01-02-2008, 09:53 AM
NFL,
Please find where I called you a fake and a liar. And while you are at it, please find where I doubted your knowledge.

The reason people are taking cheap shots at you is because you aren't backing up what you are saying. All you say is that the jersey is the real deal, but don't say why or what you see that determines that.

I know there are a lot of fakes out there. That is why I asked what made you so sure about this one!

Titan,
Thanks for the info. I'm going to refrain from buying anything football related right now. Unfortunately, my wife has been in and out of the hospital with her pregnancy so I'm sticking to the occasional cheap bat right now. Nothing that will break the budget or use up excess cash that we may need. Thanks again.

clinton2828
01-06-2008, 12:11 PM
so after reading through this thread no one imo has produced real hard proof or evidence the jersey is not real, no exact photo or anything....yet it has been deiscredited, this is not fair for the seller. there needs to be a standard on the amount of evidence one must post before calling an item into question and i think people who question a jersey must go into exact specs on why a jersey may not be real and provide proof without speculatory language.

mvandor
01-06-2008, 12:34 PM
so after reading through this thread no one imo has produced real hard proof or evidence the jersey is not real, no exact photo or anything....yet it has been deiscredited, this is not fair for the seller. there needs to be a standard on the amount of evidence one must post before calling an item into question and i think people who question a jersey must go into exact specs on why a jersey may not be real and provide proof without speculatory language.

You do realize that the VAST majority of supposed game used items are fraud, right? A buyer has to approach every item very suspiciously. I don't think anyone has necessarily discredited the item, but the seller has done a heck of a job discrediting himself with his juvenile, illiterate, non-responsive posts here, some of which were edited out by mods. If you don't trust the seller, tough to trust the item.

mvandor
01-06-2008, 12:36 PM
You do realize that the VAST majority of supposed game used items are fraud, right? A buyer has to approach every item very suspiciously. I don't think anyone has necessarily discredited the item, but the seller has done a heck of a job discrediting himself with his juvenile, illiterate, non-responsive posts here, some of which were edited out by mods. If you don't trust the seller, tough to trust the item.

Sorry, wrong thread! The defender of the item here (probably the seller) has thus far been lacking in details as to why he feels the item is genuine. I think other posters simply wanted an explanation as to how he was so confident it was legit.

clinton2828
01-06-2008, 02:27 PM
but once again you are only speculating that the seller is the one defending th jersey in the post. i personally think that the seller stating the jersey has an a10 grade from mears should speak for itself because i think most people trust and respect mears judgment when it comes to giving jerseys that high a grade. so the seller went to the proper lengths by having mears evaluate the jersey and now the burdon should fall on a perspective buyer or yourself mvador to prove it is not real with real evidence and photo's which you have not. your posts are all speculation with no hard proof.

if you dont think the hester is real show photo proof with detailed explination with hard evidence please. i am all for calling out a jersey but i think we have to increase the standards of calling items into question!

5kRunner
01-06-2008, 03:38 PM
I apologize if I caused this jersey to be discredited.

NFLJerseyCollector stated he knew the jersey was authentic by the pictures. I asked what exactly he saw.

Mods, if I broke any rules, please delete my posts.

Jerseys are obviously out of my league, so I'll stop asking questions.

mvandor
01-07-2008, 05:09 AM
but once again you are only speculating that the seller is the one defending th jersey in the post. i personally think that the seller stating the jersey has an a10 grade from mears should speak for itself because i think most people trust and respect mears judgment when it comes to giving jerseys that high a grade. so the seller went to the proper lengths by having mears evaluate the jersey and now the burdon should fall on a perspective buyer or yourself mvador to prove it is not real with real evidence and photo's which you have not. your posts are all speculation with no hard proof.

if you dont think the hester is real show photo proof with detailed explination with hard evidence please. i am all for calling out a jersey but i think we have to increase the standards of calling items into question!
I have emailed seller asking for the Mears # or copy of the Mears letter as I concur an A10 - if verified - would speak very strongly as to authenticity. The poster insultingly defending the jersey without specifics got the thread pretty off track.

mvandor
01-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Seller has posted a copy of the A10 Mears letter.

lund6771
01-08-2008, 09:08 PM
Seller has posted a copy of the A10 Mears letter.

I still can't figure out why this was graded an A10?

Isn't Mears' policy to only grade a modern jersey an A10 unless it has incredible provenance?

The sellers pictures don't help at all...it looks like they were shot from a mile away

5kRunner
01-08-2008, 10:07 PM
Does the price go up for every TD Hester scores?