PDA

View Full Version : Tom Brady Patriots '01 Adidas Jersey - Ebay

beantown
12-27-2007, 04:42 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/TOM-BRADY-PATRIOTS-GAME-USED-ISSUED-JERSEY-2001_W0QQitemZ250200672950QQihZ015QQcategoryZ60597 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I was in discussion with this seller some time ago about this jersey...his story has changed slightly from then. I decided not to purchase it since the sleeves were a MAJOR issue too me. It appeard to me that they were intially once cuffed and the cuff was removed and additional material was added. I tried numerous avenues to match the sleeves from the '01 season, but was unsuccesful. Here are some additional photos the seller sent me when we were discussing the jersey...

Rocky
12-28-2007, 09:27 AM
We had that discussion and what was not mentioned was that Brady like Bledsoe started with cuffed sleeves and had them altered! I had mentioned this before! In fact Bledsoe like other QB's had his right sleeve (throwing arm )wider than his left! This is very common. Sleeves are always altered. I obtained several 2001 jerseys from the Patriots and all of the stitching was the same!

Rocky
12-28-2007, 11:24 AM
Here is a 2001 pic!

mvandor
12-28-2007, 02:04 PM
Best images I could find for 2001 on Getty don't seem to support such a hack job on the sleeves:

http://cache4.gettyimages.com/xc/51985786.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=AE5E3E7DB8E31417B2143A4A7F547178284831B75F48EF45

http://cache2.gettyimages.com/xc/51718993.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=AE5E3E7DB8E314172AC8EEA645C30637284831B75F48EF45

Rocky
12-28-2007, 02:48 PM
You show know pics yet I did! What are you trying to say ?

Rocky
12-28-2007, 03:11 PM
Sorry it should say You show NO pics!:confused:

beantown
12-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Tom Brady Adidas Jersey pictures from the '01 NFL Season and the Pro Football Hall of Fame...:eek:

mvandor
12-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I presume you're the seller. I posted two pics, neither show the poor sewing job to extend the sleeves this jersey does. Further, I personally have never seen a sleeve extended, only shortened, from the factory released versions. The Getty pics for 2001 seem to show a fairly standard hem, not an 'extension' that was done poorly. This almost looks like one of those pro-cuts that come with the very short sleeves, that were modified to extend them. No other explanation I can think of as to why a standard sleeve would be shortened then lengthened back to more standard length.

Of course if you can provide a photo match from another source, a Pats LOA, Mears LOA, or similar, I'm sure the doubts some have could be easily swept away.

Rocky
12-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Sorry Folks!
The auction ended early because the jersey was sold along with a Patriots COA and matching pics! I had several interested buyers and the winner was very happy with the pics and COA. He did some extensive research and found exactly what was needed. Thanks for providing the pics on the posts!

hblakewolf
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Interesting post.

You now claim you sold it with a Pats LOA? If you had such a LOA, why was it not included in the original Ebay description?

I find this a bit hard to believe; you list a superstar jersey and forget to mention that you have a TEAM LOA with it? Was this LOA obtained after your listing?

Regardless, can you post a copy of the LOA here?

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

kingjammy24
12-29-2007, 02:21 PM
nothing about this makes much sense.

team coa AND matching pics but neither of these was mentioned or posted anywhere? howard would like to see the team coa and i'd like to see the matching pics. you'd think those two things would be mentioned and posted as they'd greatly add to the sale price.

the jersey was labeled a "game issued jersey" yet the description read "shows wear".

lastly, why wouldn't any seller let the auction run if they had "several interested buyers"? you have a team coa, matching pics, and several interested buyers and you decide to end it early without seeing the maximum you could've gotten? or did it end early because a buyer was found who hadn't read this Forum and you didn't want to risk having them find it by waiting a few more days? gotta turn that boiling pot off before it starts bubbling over.

rudy.

beantown
12-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Sorry Folks!
The auction ended early because the jersey was sold along with a Patriots COA and matching pics! I had several interested buyers and the winner was very happy with the pics and COA. He did some extensive research and found exactly what was needed. Thanks for providing the pics on the posts!

Could we see your photo matched pictures and Patriots COA? I couldn't FIND ONE photo of these "modified" sleeves.....hmmmnnnn.... :confused:

mvandor
12-29-2007, 03:16 PM
Oh, it's adding up. All too clearly. :cool:

Rocky
12-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Who do you think you are? You people tear the jersey apart like you are experts (and you are not by any means) Then you get mad because I sell it! :p :p :p

otismalibu
12-29-2007, 07:08 PM
I think we know who "tore the jersey apart" and it wasn't anyone on this board.

mvandor
12-30-2007, 12:02 AM
Geez.

genius
12-30-2007, 12:23 AM
This thread is really funny. Bottom line though is that the Patriots don't release jerseys, period. Unless a player handed you his jersey, I don't see any way a Patriot "gamer" could be real. Just my opinion!

Rocky
12-30-2007, 08:50 AM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The Patriots have been releasing jerseys for years!

mvandor
12-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Mods must be on holiday,

mvandor
12-30-2007, 10:22 AM
BTW, I'm really interested in some explanation Mr. Rocky as to why the Pats would take a Brady jersey, cut the sleeves shorter than he wears them, then extend them back? Doesn't make much sense.

BTW, just got done watching several DVD's on the Pats 2001 season on a 55" HDTV. I can assure you all of Brady's sleeves in that video are the very standard length and hem, no funky cut and extended sleeves.

As I said, the only logical explanation I can come up with is someone took a common pro-cut with those tight, short sleeves they come with, and cut and extended the sleeves to approximate a Brady.

Nathan
12-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Hilarious. This thing sells, allegedly with a Pats LOA, and yet the final auction listing title is:

"TOM BRADY PATRIOTS NOT GAME USED? ISSUED JERSEY 2001"

Somehow I'd think an LOA would clear all of that up.....unless there simply wasn't one to begin with. Also, do "team associates" draw up their own LOAs? "I, the undersigned, do hereby swear that I stole this item from the locker room, which constitutes a criminal offense and is cause for termination if caught. I am only putting myself in legal trouble here in case the random person I give this to wants to sell it down the road."

Rocky
12-30-2007, 11:12 AM

Nathan
12-30-2007, 02:18 PM
Yes, yes I did.

If there is a COA from the team AND supporting pictures, then why on earth would there be ANY question about whether something was used or at least issued?

And since you seem to have pics and a COA, why not allow everyone else on here to be exposed to knowledge that seems to be hidden from the rest of us? After all, a large part of the hobby is sharing vital information, and this certainly would be vital.

bondsfan
12-30-2007, 03:22 PM
why are you guys wasting time on this regardless of his next reply, there is no need for any of us to respond further. we all have better things to do, i am sure.

happy new year!

Rocky
12-30-2007, 03:42 PM

mvandor
12-31-2007, 09:37 AM
Your posts, Rocky,

If you had an LOA and supporting pics you would have put them in the listing, . I and others have investigated photo and video evidence of Brady in 2001 and there's no evidence of lengthened sleeves anywhere because there's no reason for the team to cut and restore jersey sleeves. 99% certainty you have a modified pro-cut, so I hope you did not pay too much for it.

As for your insulting the expertise of the members here? Some of the hobby's most knowledgeable post here, and it wouldn't take an expert to sniff out those sleeves in a heartbeat.

If you bought it as you show it, it is you that needs the education.
Happy new year.

MSpecht
12-31-2007, 02:06 PM
Hi everyone--

Portions of posts above were edited to reflect a discussion regarding the merits of this item and questions / responses regarding it. Accusatory and derogatory comments directed toward an individual or group of individuals, which had little or no specific relevance to the factual analysis of, or questions about, this item were deleted .

Mike Jackitout7@aol.com

otismalibu
12-31-2007, 03:29 PM
Ah Mike, this thread now = the edited version of Caligula.

:)

Rocky
01-05-2008, 05:27 PM
/

mvandor
01-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Hey mods, any chance of banning this two year old, immigrant, crook?

Rocky
01-12-2008, 08:44 AM

mvandor
01-12-2008, 10:29 AM

Care to wake up mods? No reason this board should drop its standards to accomodate this bozo.

ChrisCavalier
01-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Hello Everyone,

I actually did not see the content of the posts prior to Mike editing them. However, I just received an email alerting me to the fact that there were repeated posts on this thread by the same user that were confrontational in nature. As such, the user has now been suspended/banned from the site, based on the forum rules which include:

No Personal Attacks. Do not harass, belittle, threaten or “flame” another member. Do not call other members names, even in jest. You may dispute opinions and facts, but do so with facts and not by taking it to a personal level. This forum is intended to operate in a positive environment. Please help us achieve that goal.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
Chris

both-teams-played-hard
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM

mvandor
why is "immigrant" a word used to discredit this guy? You kinda threw it in there as some sort of slur. Big difference between immigrants and illegal immigrants. Even if this dude is from another country, it has nothing to do with him selling a bogus jersey. Let's work hard to keep politics off of this forum.

mvandor
01-12-2008, 08:15 PM
mvandor
why is "immigrant" a word used to discredit this guy? You kinda threw it in there as some sort of slur. Big difference between immigrants and illegal immigrants. Even if this dude is from another country, it has nothing to do with him selling a bogus jersey. Let's work hard to keep politics off of this forum.
His english was too poor to be his first language, indicating to me he was not raised in the USA, meaning in all likelihood he'd immigrated here from elsewhere, legally or illegally. To the best of my knowledge of the language, "immigrant" is not a slur but a word used to indicate a person being from another country. Given that my wife is a legal immigrant from Europe, I fail to see the slur you see.

jessicawinters
02-01-2008, 11:54 PM
"Hey mods, any chance of banning this two year old, immigrant, crook?"

Clearly, the word was used as a slur. Did you mean well when you included "immigrant" between "two year old" and "crook?"

Yes, immigrant is not a slur, but in context, you had meant for it to be a demeaning term.

And I believe you failed to answer bothteam's question as to why that remark was relevant to his banning? His poor English indicates that he came from another country... therefore you must make note of that and advise the mods? Let me check again the forum's policy on immigration history.

bigtruck260
02-02-2008, 12:03 AM
How about just burying the thread - no sense in re-hashing something that ended 2 weeks ago...

Dave