PDA

View Full Version : Authentic Game Used Lebron James Rookie Road Jersey

nate
02-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Not only is this seller using a MEARS letter that does not match his jersey, but he recently copied an auction from another seller.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8763717216&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3A

trsent
02-11-2006, 06:02 PM
This guy has taken the image for my MEARS letter twice now. The first time he stole all my images from my auction that ended a week before, this time he photographed his jersey with a copy of my letter.

I have advice for the guy, he should re-submit his jersey to MEARS and get a new letter instead of taking an image of my letter and stating that it was from a web site where he bought the jersey.

Oh well, another day...

suave1477
02-11-2006, 07:22 PM
So with this being said did you guys warn the bidders that he is passing off a fake?

nate
02-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Notified ebay and got a great email reply from the seller.

I wrote him asking why the MEARS pictures on the LOA did not match. He wrote back saying it was from the website where he purchased it and it is the same one. I called him out on it. Explained to him that he stole the photo, called him a lier and a thief. Here is his appreciative response for bringing this to his attention. I censored the profanity for our younger audiences.

Item: Authentic Game Used Lebron James Rookie Road Jersey (8763717216 (javascript:ol('http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26amp;item%3d8763717216%26a mp;sspagename%3dADME:L:RTQ:US:1');))This message was sent while the listing was active.mm1b is the seller.http://pics.ebaystatic.com/aw/pics/s.gifOk you smart mother (*******) let me break it down for you... I purchased the jersey from a website back in 2004... The jersey is game used, i moved from Ohio to tennessee and lost the COA.. mears has a record of the jersey in which i purchased and will send me a copy of the COA... I did copy the pictures off a previous auction because its the SAME jersey.. At the time i didn't realize what the jersey would sell for, so when i seen his auction i was in a chrunch for money so i decided to sell it.. i copied the pics he had because i didn't have a digital camera.. If you look at his jersey and look at mine you will see that it is the same jersey.. I got a friend who took the pics for me and relisted the jersey and now you see what i have done.. So please do me a favor and stop wasteing my time and go (****) yourself ok?? can you handle that?? SO i'll end this email with a (****) you but have a NICE DAY!!

trsent
02-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Can't, private auction.

eBay has been notified.

swingmans
02-12-2006, 12:01 AM
That jersey has a neck tag:mad: and white sealed NBA logo. Fake

$50 jersey became over $800. Good deal for a seller:D

trsent
02-12-2006, 04:46 AM
It is kinda funny, the guy never included a picture of the MEARS hologram o that it could be traced back to the data base. I'm also curious how he got a MEARS a letter in 2004 when MEARS did not start producing letters until the summer of 2005.

Oh well, eBay was notified with about eight hours left in the auction but they didn't act in time. Funny how fraudulent sellers get away with blatant crap and eBay can't act in a reasonable time to concerns of fraud.

nate
02-13-2006, 01:56 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8765477554&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Atleast it isn't a private auction this time and was not sold to the last high bidder.

My favorite quote from the relisting:

"This is the 3rd Attempt at trying to sell the jersey because ebay keeps saying i'm "STEALING" pictures from someones auction.. Well for those who doubt me please don't THESE ARE MY OWN PICS.. EBAY Please stop cancelin my dang auction.. This is MY LEGIT PICS.. If you don't believe me i can send you 100 different pictures of this jersey if i need to... Ok now that i got that out of the way i'll tell you about the jersey.. "

Seller should be banned.

Nathan
02-14-2006, 12:32 AM
I emailed the seller and asked if (since he claims to have over 100 different pictures of this) he could send me a close-up picture of the MEARS hologram on the jersey.

His response back to me was:
"i don't have the mears form.. i am in the process of getting a copy of the form.. So i can't get a pic of it yet.."

Maybe I'm just being droll, but I don't remember asking about the form.I do know that a hologram won't simply be misplaced off of something it's attached to during a move though. I would know; I moved from Ohio to Tennessee (and back again) and don't remember anything stuck onto a piece of inanimate matter suddenly falling off and being unable to be found again.