PDA

View Full Version : Ebay seller espy4lsu or store Chuck's Field of Dreams

dwolfe12345
01-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Has anyone ever purchased anything from this seller? The reason I ask is because they claimed to have a Ricky Williams 01 game used Saints jersey. It is currently listed and I was going to purchase it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180199679429&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

It was only 100 and I knew that was a great deal. The main problem I found was that the jersey was listed as an 01 jersey and earlier this week they had a nameplate that said R. Williams. In 01 Ricky wore his entire name on his jerseys. After I emailed the seller asking about it he gave me the run around and said he couldnt be 100% sure it was Ricky's jersey. Now when you look at the listing the name plate has been removed and it is blank. Seems a bit fishy to me! He has other game used items a quiet a few recently sold. Anyone have any ideas?

mvandor
01-05-2008, 07:09 PM
He photochopped the nameplate off and you need to ask???

Nathan
01-05-2008, 07:33 PM
Wasn't this the same guy that had what was claimed to be a JaMarcus Russell game-worn jersey that had no Nike logo or any of the other related identifiers?

frikativ54
01-05-2008, 09:00 PM
I'm only a novice at this, but on this information alone I'd say stay far, far away!

jerseydave.com
01-06-2008, 10:34 AM
Has anyone ever purchased anything from this seller? The reason I ask is because they claimed to have a Ricky Williams 01 game used Saints jersey. It is currently listed and I was going to purchase it
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180199679429&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

It was only 100 and I knew that was a great deal. The main problem I found was that the jersey was listed as an 01 jersey and earlier this week they had a nameplate that said R. Williams. In 01 Ricky wore his entire name on his jerseys. After I emailed the seller asking about it he gave me the run around and said he couldnt be 100% sure it was Ricky's jersey. Now when you look at the listing the name plate has been removed and it is blank. Seems a bit fishy to me! He has other game used items a quiet a few recently sold. Anyone have any ideas?

Hello, you guys just might have made this guy ruin a good jersey??? If you look at gettyimages #1486832 on the Dec. 9th, 2001 game vs. the Falcons Ricky Williams is wearing a white jersey with R. Williams on the nameplate. He did wear both style nameplates that season. Not sure if the jersey is real or not, but if it was and you guys convinced him it was not and he tore the nameplate off... thats too bad.

David

mvandor
01-06-2008, 10:43 AM
Hello, you guys just might have made this guy ruin a good jersey??? If you look at gettyimages #1486832 on the Dec. 9th, 2001 game vs. the Falcons Ricky Williams is wearing a white jersey with R. Williams on the nameplate. He did wear both style nameplates that season. Not sure if the jersey is real or not, but if it was and you guys convinced him it was not and he tore the nameplate off... thats too bad.

David

Likely he photoshopped the pic. Either way, odd and suspicious behavior don't you think?

jerseydave.com
01-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Likely he photoshopped the pic. Either way, odd and suspicious behavior don't you think?

I fully agree... but how many times have you heard stories of people selling items and not knowing what they have. Look at his website and his other items for sale.. It is very reasonable to believe that he has good contacts with the Saints organization.. how many players has he had signing for him at his store.

Now a collector comes along and questions his item and he probably did not know 100% for sure if Williams wore a full name nameplate or a initial name nameplate.. so I agree with you...but who says the guy selling the jersey has the knowledge and experience that the people on this forum has? I'm sure his stance would be to sell the item as is rather than claim it to be something and find out later he was wrong. We all know what selling bad items can do to your reputation, so I could see him not wanting to chance it..

But the question remains, is the jersey good and the seller just does not know what he has?

David.

clinton2828
01-06-2008, 12:04 PM
mvador,

"He photochopped the nameplate off and you need to ask???"

what proof do you have to bake up this statement?

mvandor
01-06-2008, 12:30 PM
mvador,

"He photochopped the nameplate off and you need to ask???"

what proof do you have to bake up this statement?

You read the thread, right? Originally the OP indicated there was a nameplate on the back in the pics then when he questioned it the pics changed. So, either the seller removed it from the jersey or digitally from the pics. Either way, that indicates deception, no?

jerseydave.com
01-06-2008, 05:24 PM
I called the phone # on their website to see if the jersey still had the nameplate or not. They talked really evasive and stated that the jersey was never posted up before with a nameplate attached. So I would venture to say the nameplate has been removed and the jersey pic has not just been photo chopped. Either way, its very possible he ruined a good jersey....

David.

dwolfe12345
01-06-2008, 06:42 PM
If you look at how he listed the jersey he states this jersey was used by "R.Williams", the exact same way the picture was. Dont you think if it said something different or didnt say anything that he would list the jersey as being used by Ricky Williams like he did in the title?

dwolfe12345
01-07-2008, 02:29 PM
He ended up selling the jersey