PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts on Roger Clemens Press Conference Yesterday

3arod13
01-08-2008, 05:36 AM
In my opinion, the telephone conversation between Clemens and McNamee was very odd. Having a conversation with someone who just accussed you of taking performance enhancing drugs, would be much more intense than it was. In addition, I don't think I would even be having this conversation, so something seems odd. Why would these two guys even be talking to each other at this point? Odd!

Clemens sat expressionless as he listened to the conversation taped last Friday, when his former personal trainer repeatedly asked, "What do you want met to do?"
McNamee said those words, or a close variation, 21 times. No matter whether McNamee's tone was angry or pleading, whether he was talking about his ailing 10-year-old son or offering to go to jail, Clemens never fired back with anger or accusations that McNamee was lying.

Instead, Clemens offered his own repetitive theme: "I just want the truth out there."

It's as if Clemens was basically asking McNamee to lie for him to fix this matter. If me, I would be going off on McNamee. Clemens didn't. Clemens was basically asking/telling McNamee to fix this by stating he lied.

I believe Clemens' back is against the wall. Maybe he feels there is no evidence that can pop up (audio tape, cancelled checks, etc.) so it's his word against McNamees.

Maybe McNamee's back was against the wall and he did put Clemens out there so save his butt. Who knows.

Just another sad situation for baseball.

brianborsch
01-08-2008, 07:03 AM
I'll tell you this about that, something with this whole situation stinks of weird. Clemens answers, the accusations, and that conversation tells me that Clemens is guilty.

3arod13
01-08-2008, 07:10 AM
I'll tell you this about that, something with this whole situation stinks of weird. Clemens answers, the accusations, and that conversation tells me that Clemens is guilty.

I agree! This whole situation is odd. By looking at everything up to this point, it's my opinion that Clemens most likely is guilty. The telephone conversation was just way too odd. It was as if Clemens was negotiating to get him to change his story.

I can say this: If Clemens continues to fight and deny this, and factual information comes out to prove he's guilty, it will cause him more damage than he may realize right now. Sometimes ego's get in the way. Hopefully, if guilty, he will come to his senses before he makes an A** of himself.